Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

It says Lampard has already offered a coaching roll to Drogda, who coincidentally dined with him the other day. Then the next day he was bigging Frank up for the job. 

The whole thing stinks, and yes, it is incredibly disrespectful to our club, and Mel Morris in particular.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was Frank, I'd no longer be able to bite my tongue. If all of this is a lot of made up nonsense I'd publicly ask the journalist why he feels the need to lie and make him look like he has no respect. I'd be furious. 

36 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

Taking legal action could potentially double our compensation figure so well worth proceeding. Really feel sorry for Mel in this situation. 

We can do Steve Gibson at the same seeing as he accused us of cheating live on Sky sports when they unveiled Woodgate yesterday .  He had his perm beach ready and freshly set - looked like a David Coverdale tribute .  

The state of this thread. I'm so glad the press is reporting that Derby are relaxed about the whole thing. I wish the fans were. 

We're not going to sue Roman for tapping up. If Chelsea make a formal request, accepting the compensation figure, Frank can talk to them with our blessing. Anything else and Mel's relationship with Frank is over. 

If Frank ends up talking to Chelsea, he's the one with the power and can choose whether or not to proceed. Frank is ultra committed to his family and privacy and may well decide they're better off being Derby-based for now. 

Frank backs himself and his ability so will believe he can take us up and that Chelsea will be there for him in a few years should he want to go. Right now they offer Champions League football but no transfers for a year, coupled with the loss of by far their best player. Is it a sensible time to go? 

If we say we can't stand the uncertainty and give Frank an ultimatum, then he's off. It's the close season. We can afford to let things play out. 

If Mel is getting in additional investment, Frank's global profile makes him a huge part of that equation. Stay and after the clever financial management and the playoff windfall our income looks much better for FFP so if new money comes in it will be available to spend. 

You might not all like the speculation and think it's disrespectful, but just remember there's only one thing worse than being talked about. 

6 hours ago, DazaDunn said:

Taking legal action could potentially double our compensation figure so well worth proceeding. Really feel sorry for Mel in this situation. 

I don’t think so, also if we want any good loans from Chelsea then we need each other and it’s also worth noting that If Lampard goes he may come back with an awful lot of money for Bogle if he continues to do well next season when Chelsea transfer ban is over.

Before planning lawsuits against Abramovich, stop to consider one possibility.

Duncan Castles is talking out of his arse. 

Lampard has been all but confirmed as the next Chelsea manager for weeks now if we are to believe the media. 

So why on this glorious Sunday morning is he still currently the Derby County manager?

32 minutes ago, David said:

.....So why on this glorious Sunday morning is he still currently the Derby County manager?

Because it's Father's Day and he doesn't want to ruin it for thousands of Rams fans - far better to wait until a miserable, wet Monday morning to announce bad news....

We don’t need messy lawsuits it’s like trying to keep a girlfriend who has a chance to be with  someone else who they have a lot of history with ...if Frank wants it and it’s offered to him and he wants to go to a club he loves then  let him go with our blessing ...he’s not the only manager out there but FFS let’s clear this up quickly as it seems like we are waiting for Chelsea to decide our managers future.....I just hope this is not impacting on our pre season plans getting players in etc etc 

We are all assuming he'd want to go to Chelsea? He'll do whatever suits himself 

I thought growing up he was a west ham fan? 

He was released by Chelsea in 2015 & signed for a league rival (although it was reported he'd signed for new york much to the annoyance of the new york fans who wanted season ticket refunds) he didn't think he didn't want to play for a rival clubhe did what he wanted to do & suited himself

He most probably wants to manage Chelsea but lets be fair its not the same Chelsea he left, managers never last, there is a transfer ban & roman was after selling not too long ago & allegedly isn't interested anymore

If lamps backs himself (which i imagine he does) he might think the opportunity to manage Chelsea might not come up again & he can do a good job. He might also think if he can get Derby promoted & stay up then a bigger club might come knocking that isn't Chelsea 

He knows roman... Brilliant that might be a good thing or a bad thing

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We can do Steve Gibson at the same seeing as he accused us of cheating live on Sky sports when they unveiled Woodgate yesterday .  He had his perm beach ready and freshly set - looked like a David Coverdale tribute .  

What did Gibson say?

59 minutes ago, David said:

Lampard has been all but confirmed as the next Chelsea manager for weeks now if we are to believe the media. 

So why on this glorious Sunday morning is he still currently the Derby County manager?

Well its p'ing down here in Hampshire again.....?

Wouldn't make sense, Abramovich has been very hands off with Chelsea since he's been forced out of London and became a Israeli citizen. Rumours were that he handed over complete control to Marina and couldn't really care less since he's won the Champions League. He hasn't been to a home game in a year or so.

7 hours ago, Rambam said:

It says Lampard has already offered a coaching roll to Drogda, who coincidentally dined with him the other day. Then the next day he was bigging Frank up for the job. 

The whole thing stinks, and yes, it is incredibly disrespectful to our club, and Mel Morris in particular.

Didn’t frank meet with Morris the day after that meal according to Percy 

7 hours ago, DazaDunn said:

These kind of stories are interesting. This journalist/publication is now publicly accusing Roman of breaking the rules, so Roman could pursue legal action against the journalist or the publication. If I was Mel, I'd be asking questions.

Unless of course, Mel has given Roman the go ahead to talk to Frank, assuming a compensation deal has been agreed. We simply don't know, so all we can do is let it play out and deal with the consequences at that time.  Still hope he stays.....

1 hour ago, David said:

Because juventus haven't agreed the deal for Sarri?

I'm sure Mel knows exactly whats going on. 

I believe the reports to be true, in which case Frank is already history.

There is the small matter of compensation, official approach etc etc.

But its done.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Because juventus haven't agreed the deal for Sarri?

And yet all these media outlets are saying it has been agreed. 

Are you suggesting they are telling porkies? Surely not!

Whatever is going on behind the scenes at Chelsea, compensation agreed or not we have publicly thrown the ball in their court now, are they going to play ball or not?

They are playing a dangerous game if Lampard is the chosen one, all it takes is Juventus to say forget it they will go elsewhere and the cost of replacing Sarri with Lampard more than doubles.

Whilst Chelsea may not be in a rush as they are unable to do any business this summer, I’m not sure Juventus will be so keen for this to drag out. 

Also Lampard would surely rather avoid turning up to Moor Farm in a couple of weeks and flying over to the US when they have to figure out at Cobham this summer how they will compete with a forward line of just Hudson-Odoi, Willian, Pedro, Giroud and Abraham.

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I'm sure Mel knows exactly whats going on. 

I believe the reports to be true, in which case Frank is already history.

There is the small matter of compensation, official approach etc etc.

But its done.

You believe the reports it’s done, but not the reports compensation has been agreed despite it coming from the same media outlets?

Archived