Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, muttley72 said:

I think that depends on the relationship that Frank and Mel have. Mel publicly said that if Chelsea come calling he wouldn’t stand in his way, he’d wish him well. If there’s been good communication between the two of them Mel could quite easily give him a backtrack option. If Frank goes we get the compensation, and if it’s been done amicably it could easily harbour good mutual relations. If he goes and thinks “not right now” we keep a great manager. 

Probably be a first in pro football if it happens like that.

1 minute ago, europia said:

Probably be a first in pro football if it happens like that.

I agree, but taking a chance on another clubs legend, taking us to Wembley in his first season, an established premier league team deciding they might want to go for their legend of 13 years after getting a championship team to 6th in the league...I think that might be a first as well ?

Is Abramovich a quite brilliant businessman?

Is he a corrupt and ruthless sociopath who has people killed?

Is he a dumb fool who acts a front for some evil types who are growing tired of him?

He is an mostly incompetent but very lucky guy?

Lampard might know the truth and he'd rather work for a local boy done good.

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Is Abramovich a quite brilliant businessman?

Is he a corrupt and ruthless sociopath who has people killed?

Is he a dumb fool who acts a front for some evil types who are growing tired of him?

He is an mostly incompetent but very lucky guy?

Lampard might know the truth and he'd rather work for a local boy done good.

I don’t know, but I’d go and see this at the cinema ?

The only way Frank will not leave to take the job is if it’s not offered to him ...let’s be realistic here if they want him he’ll go...

I don’t want Frank to go because he’s raised our profile and our football is much better but in some ways if he does go at least we won’t have to go through all of this “will he won’t he!?” speculation (not just now but every time Chelsea are without a manager or are going through a bad patch ) and can get on with our plans and hopefully find someone who will want to build something here ...I don’t give a toss about Chelsea but at this moment all we’re really doing is waiting for them to clarify our  managers future and I want it to be about us not them...if it’s going to happen get on with it FFS 

We’ve offered him a contract, all down to him now. If he stays then something special is happening. If he goes then bring on the next conductor of the bounce ????

Jokanovic is the only contender IMO

9 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

We’ve offered him a contract, all down to him now. If he stays then something special is happening. If he goes then bring on the next conductor of the bounce ????

Jokanovic is the only contender IMO

Definitely the outstanding candidate out there!

If this is true, it's definitely a case of tapping up our manager and could see Mel start a legal case against Roman. I would be all for that as well. I've hated the way we've been made to feel. Throughout this entire saga and since the second Lampard joined, I felt like he was on-loan from Chelsea and the second they want him they could just re-call him and he's on his way to Stamford Bridge. 

Just now, Rambam said:

Roman no longer goes to matches, and has shelved his plans for a new stadium. Why’s he bothered? 

Yep, that’s tapping up. But rules don’t apply to oligarchs do they?

Taking legal action could potentially double our compensation figure so well worth proceeding. Really feel sorry for Mel in this situation. 

These kind of stories are interesting. This journalist/publication is now publicly accusing Roman of breaking the rules, so Roman could pursue legal action against the journalist or the publication. If I was Mel, I'd be asking questions.

Archived