Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bothered about McClaren, been and gone, done to death, history. If Lampard is Chelsea’s number 1 target, I fully expect them to make a move in the next 48hrs.

Whilst the bond between Chelsea and Lampard is obvious, the longer they stall over making an appointment Lampard may start to question their desire to appoint him, why have they not made an approach, are they doubting me, does Roman not trust me?

Meanwhile we are showing Lampard we like his style, we like what you’re doing and would like you to continue this longer than the 2 more years we have already agreed.

You often hear players talk about joining clubs or signing new deals because they felt more wanted there, who doesn’t want to be wanted? We all crave a bit of love and feeling wanted, no question that the Chelsea fans love and want Frank, but does the board? Ours does and here’s our money to prove it.

There will be a point where Lampard says, I’m not doing this, Chelsea is already an incredibly difficult job with the transfer ban and I’m losing valuable time with the squad whilst they are tweeting warm and fuzzy photos from the past. My focus is on Derby, pre season in America, give me a pen and let’s make history.

Now some will mock and say he will never turn Chelsea down, I disagree if they continue to play the waiting game, what are they waiting for exactly?

Well Marina and Roman, time to make a decision, whilst you and Juventus have been squabbling the media have whipped up a frenzy, your fans are now expecting Lampard and it’s going to cost you X million, where was he on that shortlist of yours? Number 1? Then pick up the phone, number 2? Then you better get a move on and start work on your number 1 target because number 2 won’t wait forever.

Opening talks with Frank is  very different to Frank signing a new contract, but I hope he does sign it - if only to have some stability.  Mind you, I’m not even sure that signing a new contract would actually stop the speculation (or guarantee him staying).  Those suggesting this might be a tactic to move things on might not be far from the truth as well.

Just wish Chelsea & Juve would get on with sorting Sarri out so things can move on a bit.  

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

It’s to facilitate a larger compensation payment, that’s all ☹️

Nah, I'm not having that. I'm pretty sure that Frank wouldn't sign a new contract just so Derby can get more compo.

Would you shaft your new employer in this way? And if Chelsea do have to pay more compo, they might not want him! 

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think frank will sign new contract we get ashley cola as new coach maybe for under 18 or under 23 to pass on his experance or teach them everything he knows.

Agree, I think Ashley will give the team some Fizz.

Sith Happens
22 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Maybe it is bizarre, but the person who told me I know very well and worked at the club for more than 3 years. They said it was happening and I don’t think they had a reason to make things up tbh. 

Was it George Thornes Barber?

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Was it George Thornes Barber?

You got it.  I believe the club hired a personal barber for him who followed him around everywhere to ensure not one hair ever looked out of place on his head. All part of making sure he looked gorgeous at all times. 

Sith Happens
Just now, Ramos said:

You got it.  I believe the club hired a personal barber for him who followed him around everywhere to ensure not one hair ever looked out of place on his head. All part of making sure he looked gorgeous at all times. 

Hope the rumours are true hes been re-hired ?

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Hope the rumours are true hes been re-hired ?

I think he’s now changed careers. Still within the club, he’s a rodeo clown and his job is to try get Jacob butterfield to laugh or at least crack a slight smile. I believe he is still yet to hit his kpis. 

3 hours ago, Owd miner said:

im sat here in mi pigeon loft looking at mi prize beauty and im thinking ta mi sen whats all the fuss abart Lampard...we had poor away form from Christmas onwards and that wa wi the loan signings...football  wont great  at best of times , we finished 20 points off automatic and failed in play offs...yeah he gave us a buzz and a bounce but that dunt win us owt.. some of his tactics wa debatable... nah all im concerned about is that we are prepared by who ever should he go so that we are not facing  a poor run which chucks us into the bottom half of the table..which can happen. 

Also if he did go wunt it be great if the new manager when interviewed said " Look I've come ta Derby and all im bothered abart is beating Forest and having a decent season and take it from there"

just sayin like so dunt come on bombarding mi all ya keyboard warriors... mi pigeons dunt like it....

Aye but are your prize pigeons called Frank and christine ?

and is frank looking fidgety??

I'll bet your little beauty Gary flew off, dint he?

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

I think once the dust has settled on this saga, a deep dive into Mac’s time at Derby would be really interesting. Like a month by month, blow by blow account of what happened.

Somewhere there was a breakdown of trust between him and the club that wasn’t just Newcastle related in my eyes.

I did a moderately sized one a few seasons ago. Haven’t ever been able to find it since.

3 hours ago, Ramzabac said:

Might be clinging at straws but maybe Abramovich has had second thoughts about appointing FL. 

Frank must have stumbled over the answer to the question about the johnson-huddlestone midfield selection.

1 hour ago, David said:

Now some will mock and say he will never turn Chelsea down, I disagree if they continue to play the waiting game, what are they waiting for exactly?

Juventus to agree compensation for sarri.

Archived