Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes perfect sense to me that Derby would open talks to try to persuade FL to stay, he is not really going to turn around and say no I don’t want to when no approach has yet been made.

Wonder if there is any other instance of a Derby manager signing a new contract and then jumping ship shortly after....

If Frank signs a contract extension it will be the greatest thing to happen to this club since Mel Morris took over.

I hope to god he stays, he would prove I was completely wrong in thinking he was leaving and using us to get himself to Chelsea, nothing will give me greater pleasure than being wrong on this occasion!

5 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

im sat here in mi pigeon loft looking at mi prize beauty and im thinking ta mi sen whats all the fuss abart Lampard...we had poor away form from Christmas onwards and that wa wi the loan signings...football  wont great  at best of times , we finished 20 points off automatic and failed in play offs...yeah he gave us a buzz and a bounce but that dunt win us owt.. some of his tactics wa debatable... nah all im concerned about is that we are prepared by who ever should he go so that we are not facing  a poor run which chucks us into the bottom half of the table..which can happen. 

Also if he did go wunt it be great if the new manager when interviewed said " Look I've come ta Derby and all im bothered abart is beating Forest and having a decent season and take it from there"

just sayin like so dunt come on bombarding mi all ya keyboard warriors... mi pigeons dunt like it....

Spot on. The Leeds win masked a lot of the indifference mid season. Also the obvious team selection error in the final 

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Makes perfect sense to me that Derby would open talks to try to persuade FL to stay, he is not really going to turn around and say no I don’t want to when no approach has yet been made.

Wonder if there is any other instance of a Derby manager signing a new contract and then jumping ship shortly after....

I can't think of anyone in the past 11 months 

38 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

There have been people on here crying out for lampard to come out & say he's staying at Derby now he is getting slated for negotiating a new deal. Surely signing an extention is a sign of his intent to stay & surely he wouldn't sign any extension without assurance from mel we are making signings etc

I've not scrolled through all the posts or all of Twitter but I haven't seen him being slated. If he is then it's surely only by a very small minority.

5 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

im sat here in mi pigeon loft looking at mi prize beauty and im thinking ta mi sen whats all the fuss abart Lampard...we had poor away form from Christmas onwards and that wa wi the loan signings...football  wont great  at best of times , we finished 20 points off automatic and failed in play offs...yeah he gave us a buzz and a bounce but that dunt win us owt.. some of his tactics wa debatable... nah all im concerned about is that we are prepared by who ever should he go so that we are not facing  a poor run which chucks us into the bottom half of the table..which can happen. 

Also if he did go wunt it be great if the new manager when interviewed said " Look I've come ta Derby and all im bothered abart is beating Forest and having a decent season and take it from there"

just sayin like so dunt come on bombarding mi all ya keyboard warriors... mi pigeons dunt like it....

Now mate, imagine that you wor mel, and that get from dahn't street had his eyes on yer prize asset. 

Wouldn't you jest gi im a bit better millet hoping he stays. But if he's still off anyroad then would yer be 'appy with a few decent placings in the east Derby's league when yer cud ave bin on't cover of Pigeon Fanciers monthly? Even tho yer prize asset let yer dahn a couple of times and flew the wrong road so yer dint win t'cup. 

Just saying like. Actually I have no idea what I am waffling on about ?

Could be a bit of grandstanding from the club... 'we did everything we could, offered him a new deal and he wanted to go'.  Also sends out clear, 'we want him to stay so you better pay hurry up and big money to force it through' message to Chelsea? 

17 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Just watched it on Sky Sports News, the presenter was virtually laughing when he said 'is there any chance of him staying at Derby'.

Levels of disrespect from Sky are astounding.

Turned off in disgust, got my fingers crossed waiting for a tweet from Derby now saying he's signed an extension!

Sky really don't like us. been going on for years.

55 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Like every other Chelsea manager he doesn't have any long term future with Chelsea. He is friends with Roman and a club legend - Chelsea won't give two ***** if he signs a contract with Derby that requires a slightly higher compensation payment. He currently works for Derby - not Chelsea - unless you are suggesting he should be putting Chelseas interests ahead of his parent clubs?

I'm suggesting that Frank will do neither

Archived