Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, DRBee said:

only words from FL himself will add clarity to the situation.

What exactly do you expect him to say? There doesn't appear to have been an official approach from Chelsea but if there is one to come then how can he decide what he's going to do until he hears what they have to say?

Sith Happens
Just now, Ramzabac said:

Might be clinging at straws but maybe Abramovich has had second thoughts about appointing FL. 

Maybe he hasn't had first thougts yet.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

45 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Maybe it's time for a news blackout, @Curtains?

46 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Could be a bit of grandstanding from the club... 'we did everything we could, offered him a new deal and he wanted to go'.  

This is really insulting to Mel - do you doubt he is doing everything he can to keep FL

16 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

What exactly do you expect him to say? There doesn't appear to have been an official approach from Chelsea but if there is one to come then how can he decide what he's going to do until he hears what they have to say?

What did the fans giving Stevie Mac stick and loads of it, when he was linked with the Toon expect him to say? He did actually come out and commit to the Rams but that still wasn't enough for some......glad they are giving Frankie less flack in similar circumstances......

23 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I am not asking him to say anything until the situation is resolved - I am not one on those demanding constant reassurance from FL ( nor from  SM previously) . But until we reach the situation where FL does speak for himself we have to put up with inaccurate representations from the press and posters on here.

55 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I've not scrolled through all the posts or all of Twitter but I haven't seen him being slated. If he is then it's surely only by a very small minded minority.

You seem to have missed a word out so I thought I'd sort it for you.

48 minutes ago, Louby said:

It’s a positive step that Mel is taking and probably the only hand he has left to convincing lampard to stay. It will be interesting to see how the next few days plan out  

I don't think this is out of desperation.

Lets look at the facts.

Nothing official has come out from either club. Frank has said times he is focused on us and is obvioulsy humbled by what Mel has given him.

Mel said after the 2nd leg at leeds that a new contract would prob be coming.

Frank Lampard doesn't have to play silly buggers by signing contract extensions just to make us a few quid more.

Harry Rednapp is in Solihull today on an I’m a Celebrity tour. My niece just asked him if Frank is leaving and Harry said yes, he is. Straight from the horse’s uncle’s mouth. I expect this to be on the 15:30 Sky Sports News bulletin!

Archived