Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

On 10/06/2019 at 12:12, Curtains said:

I spoke to someone the other day who I regard to be knowledgeable and he convinced me something would happen this week. 

Anyway mate better take the dog out now as weather in Grimsby looks inclement 

My whole argument was based on this. 

Sorry for bringing Derby fans what they didn’t want to hear. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I would quite happily sign eleven Vinnie jones if it got us out of this league and am quite happy to have a manager who will batten down and grind it out- boring as it may be- for  a year to this aim .   I loved Burleys team but it conceded to easily .   I wasn't keen on the Davies team but it got the job done . 

I respect your opinion, but after the reading the above, I reckon we probably aren't going to agree on the way forward! ?

I was just starting to believe in us again, was enjoying the football, and looking forward to next season, the gates were filling again, and we had someone that shared that passion with us,

Back to square 1 again, and the so called 3 year plan with someone new n charge, as I feel its inevitable he will go.

Oh the joys of being a Rams fan

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I respect your opinion, but after the reading the above, I reckon we probably aren't going to agree on the way forward! ?

C'mon wouldn't you like Karanka .  Can you imagine him taking us up .  The  wails and screams down the A52 would be well worth 25 1-0 victories.

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Your basing your argument on your post that can be read both ways? Right-o!

No I’m basing my argument not on links but on what I was told last week by someone I respect about Frank leaving. 

People could choose to disregard it as pure speculation and I understand that .

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

C'mon wouldn't you like Karanka .  Can you imagine him taking us up .  The  wails and screams down the A52 would be well worth 25 1-0 victories.

God no. Never seen a team, managed by Karanka, play decent football. Boro were horrible to watch even in the promotion season. Forest the same. 

John Terry to take over. Logical choice. Background information from Frank and Jody, and now has a promotion on his CV.

Was looking at taking over at Boro, so must be looking for a suitable opportunity.

Didn't really want to comment on here but I just had a little look on sky bet odds Lampards odds are coming down 1/14 on now (my guess Chelsea fans have gone wild and sky bet a taking the money of them quite nicely) Jose Mournihio is now down to 12/1.... This might not age well but we will see

1 minute ago, Melbourne-Ram90 said:

Didn't really want to comment on here but I just had a little look on sky bet odds Lampards odds are coming down 1/14 on now (my guess Chelsea fans have gone wild and sky bet a taking the money of them quite nicely) Jose Mournihio is now down to 12/1.... This might not age well but we will see

Aye, immediately after the Sarri to Juventus stuff was agreed he was 1/20, later on he was 1/16 and now he's 1/14 - the odds dont really change based on insider knowledge, just based on betting patterns. They don't mean a lot.

Meanwhile Mourinho's odds have been shortening all day, now even with Benitez. So you know, for all you folks who think odds are important, that trajectory suggests it won't be Lampard.

29 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Jokanovic isn't that great .  He rolled a lucky dice with Mitrovic.   Everyone like's to watch attacking football.  Everyone prefers an exciting 3-2 than an 1-0.   Quite frankly (no pun intended) we have little free cash and a defence that concede.  The attacking players we had in midfield have gone home.  As a club we are in serious danger of being rooted in this division for a long time to come .  I would quite happily sign eleven Vinnie jones if it got us out of this league and am quite happy to have a manager who will batten down and grind it out- boring as it may be- for  a year to this aim .   I loved Burleys team but it conceded to easily .   I wasn't keen on the Davies team but it got the job done . 

I think I just threw up in my mouth! 

53 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Christ it’s today’s date. 

Really can’t understand people having a go at the messenger 

Yes it is today's date but it's saying precisely the same as they did yesterday, the day before, last week and last month.

People will have a go at the messenger if the message is the same every day. i.e: pure speculation and no proof of anything.

Give it a rest, man. The media might be regurgitating the same tosh every day but there's no reason for you to do the same.

gato GIF

Three key players have gone back to their parent clubs, some other players need to be moved on and some new players are needed to be brought in, we have 7 weeks left until the season starts, we need to know, one way or the other WTF is going on!  Either the club or even Frank Lampard himself needs to clarify this situation, we the fans don't deserve this uncertainty....AGAIN!

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Percy time...

"Derby are understood to be relaxed about the situation and are still planning for pr­e-season with Lampard in charge, after he guided the club to the play-off final in his first campaign."

Interesting...

Archived