Sack Frank

DCFC27

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Slight tangent, but feck knows this thread needs it - I'm actually the proud owner of a penguin onesie. Maybe we could chip in and get Frank one?

Sew the pockets up before you give it him.

I can't say I'm a 100 % sold in FL the manager yet . Everything else he's done so far I.e the fan intervention , raising the profile of the club , promoting you etc etc ...... Has been next to none , but he's learning , let's let him learn . Come this time next year if there has been no considerable improvements it'll be time to reconsider his position. 

23 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Transition requires money .  We don't have it .

Frank lampard trying do the same job as nigel clough get rid of big wages players out and players less wages in and promating younger players and for god sake I know last night we lost to those lot down but at least the lads gave it a go.

3 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Divides opinions but imo TL is our best wide player. Bennett, Flo, Holmes, Waghorn all players who can play in that position however none of them can win a game in an instance like TL has and can do.  Add in Wilson and Mount and you have a front three where the opposition  can’t let them play in front of you and that’s when the space appears for others.

Stay in touch with the play offs with 5 games to go and with these three fit we have a chance.

Its a fair point buddy and I do agree that’s a lot of ability to have unavailable I just think of late he’s been so horribly poor 

It does really baffle me flojo doesn’t get the same grace as Lawrence to go out and express himself 

Lawrence seems to go out and no matter how poorly he plays he’s more often than not still in the line up next match .. flojo gets 20-30 min cameos to try and stake a claim 

the one time he got a run he had quite a decent little patch... as did the team but then got injured and subsequently hasn’t left the subs bench 

just seems strange 

13 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

How has he done 'damn well'? he's done an average job at best... his transfer dealings haven't been too good either... Josefzoon Flop - Waghorn - Flop Evans - Flop ……. Wilson's been very good - Mount hasn't lived upto expectations - Holmes hasn't really done anything but he looks like a decent player is there and Marriott has had an okay season. 

All in all you look at where we were this time last year and now and you have to say he's taken the club backwards and with no particular style of play evident it doesn't look like he's building towards something.... you just have to look at Farke, Wilder and Johnson last year all their teams didn't manage to get play off but they had a style of play and you could tell something was being built. I'm afraid FL hasn't done that with us, look I don't seriously want him gone but he needs to prove his pedigree in the next 13 games as he's going to have to spend a lot in the summer it seems with so many players out of contract... I'd prefer we didn't let him spend if he can't get us exciting fans between now and the end of the season.  

He has been in the job for 7 months. Give the man a break and give the team a chance to gel! 

Sack him ??? Yeah that’ll work!! What’s wrong with people ?!??

How about give him a few seasons to build and stabilise. Hey who knows we may even sneak the playoffs this season. Just enjoy the ride fellow Rams ? 

Don’t sack Frank, he needs more time. Give him a chance to learn, and lots of players contracts will run out enabling him to re shape the squad how he wants it. Three quarters of a season and two transfer windows is nowhere near enough time to judge Frank, and over the whole period some things have improved under him.

13 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

We talking about Tom Lawrence ? Or do we own another player who’s surname is Lawrence who does all the above.

tom Lawrence’s last however many games pre injury and I’m thinking Preston in particular he was nothing short of absolutely abysmal, literally couldn’t find a rams shirt if his life had depended on it 

theres trying stuff and trying to be positive which I’ll always support and embrace which I realise doesn’t always come off but then there’s being just downright cheap with the ball

if our season is relying on our tom coming back I’ll book my summer holidays now lol

Let’s just carry on with the same team then with everyone carrying on taking the safe and easy pass,great idea.

It’s fair enough to question Lampard as I don’t think he’s done the best job here, but throwing your toys out the pram is ott at this stage. Maybe if we’d lost 7/8 on the spin and dropped down the league likes flies you could argue for his immediate dismissal, but as it stands we’re still in a position to turn things around. What I would say is managers don’t get time these days unless they earn it, no way does frank get a couple of seasons free hit like some of you lot are saying. That’s not how this works anymore. He has to meet expectations, and at the moment he isn’t imo, but he’s not so far away to be getting the frank out planes just yet.

After a shocking initial post, this thread has restored my faith in Derby fans. Well done to all for the overwhelming show of disdain for such a petulant & kneejerk demand.

Is Lampard beyond criticism? Absolutely not. Have I been happy with performances since the turn of the year? Not especially. Did any of us expect a promotion challenge this year? Not really.

I have though seen enough in the development of the team (both in terms of signings & integration of young players) plus impressive if inconsistent results & performances this season to suggest Frank deserves a full 3 year term to get promotion. 

Looking forward to summer & seeing how the squad is remodelled

1 hour ago, TommyPowel said:

One plus point that might well emerge is if once we are out of play-offs.The young lads may well be given a chance.There seems to be some very promising prospects in th junior sides.

Needs an environment where they are not being crucified for any mistakes - so either we are safely into the playoffs (?) or they have become an impossibility this year.

9 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Sack him ??? Yeah that’ll work!! What’s wrong with people ?!??

How about give him a few seasons to build and stabilise. Hey who knows we may even sneak the playoffs this season. Just enjoy the ride fellow Rams ? 

spot on mate , im sure Bristol City and Norwich City fans were screaming sack their manager last season , now look at them , be careful what you wish for Rams fans

Archived