Sack Frank

DCFC27

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/03/2019 at 05:42, cosmic said:

Yeah, we’re not winning games because Frank won’t point, shout, and wave his arms about. 

excited kermit the frog GIF

Well, you say that, but how do we know?

From a scientific perspective that's a little presumptuous.

I think we need to do some split testing. Let's ask Frank to gesticulate wildly and with abandon in the first half against Wigan. Then we slip a straight-jacket on him and a Hannibal Lecter mask for the second half and see where what happens.

Then we reverse it for the Wednesday game and we can draw a graph after. Or maybe a pie chart.

Yes, a pie chart would be nice.

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

If we can't get McCarthy, there's always Ted Danson. He looks the same and apparently, he's excellent at waving his arms around without dislocating his shoulder.

bigstock-PASADENA-CA-JULY-Ted-Danson.jpg

Well Frank fooled us that we were in the good place for a while.

In all seriousness, I think Frank's got three games.

Wigan. Sheffield Wednesday. Stoke. Then 17 days until the next. 

If you're chopping your manager before the end of the season, it's in probably going to be during that 17 days.

Whether that is/isn't or should'shouldn't be the case, I'm not sure. But I think, if his name wasn't Frank Lampard, he'd be facing the sack. 

15 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

In all seriousness, I think Frank's got three games.

Wigan. Sheffield Wednesday. Stoke. Then 17 days until the next. 

If you're chopping your manager before the end of the season, it's in probably going to be during that 17 days.

Whether that is/isn't or should'shouldn't be the case, I'm not sure. But I think, if his name wasn't Frank Lampard, he'd be facing the sack. 

as sad as it would be,i think you are probably right.

trouble is i can easily see us losing all three.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

That Mick gif is brilliant. We should suggests new managers only in gif form from now on.

steve mcclaren GIF by QPR FC

From what I’ve read it sounds like we need someone who waves their hands around..............maybe this fella will do?

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Let’s be honest, if his name wasn’t Frank Lampard he wouldn’t have got the job.

11 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Lee Johnson

Because they've won a few games recently?

Would you have said that when they lost 4 in a row in November & were midtable? Or when they slipped from 2nd to finish outside of the playoffs last year. Of course you wouldn't.

Johnson's been at Bristol City 3 years. You wouldn't give him 3 months.

It's not the manager. We're just not that good. We're exactly where we deserve to be. This squad isn't built for Lampard's style. It's a mismatch of different managers approaches to the game.

Okay, he spent money but that doesn't mean everything. Transfers are always hit and miss. We made a few signings and some have been better than others. Holmes, Waghorn, Marriott, Josefzoon (in spells) have shown me that in the right system, surrounded by players also looking to move the ball quickly on the floor and play out from the back, have a lot to contribute

But the ball falls to Huddlestone, and he just wants to ping it 50 yards. Or it falls to Wilson (not to blame him) who wants to run through people and/or have a go on his own. You want to have a variety of styles in your team so you're not reliant on plan A, but we don't have a plan A. We don't have a big enough group of players singing from the same hymn sheet. The stats have shown that the ball has sat at the feet of Keogh and Tomori for large spells of the game because nobody is showing for them.

Lampard obviously is still learning as a manager. And if you know anything about him as a player, you know he adapts very quickly. I'm not putting a timescale on when the turnaround needs to be. Not even next season. We've got to face facts that we're just going around in circles. Getting oh so close and then failing spectacularly. We need to step away from the promotion chase for a bit to get our affairs in order. That being both in terms of developing a Derby Way (I know it's a laughing stock but I don't think the idea was wrong at all) and also for FFP reasons.

We're going to take 2 steps back to take 3 steps forward. So buckle up, because it might get ugly. Sorry to break this news to you at ST renewal time, but it's the case.

Sacking Frank would be ridiculous, look at Norwich’s Daniel Farke his 1st season they finished 14th now look at them, I wrote the playoffs off weeks ago, it is depressing how poor we are atm, and I’m not sure it’s going to steady, but we have been ravaged by injuries, and I believe funding for more quality players due to having to stay within FFP, hopefully next season with more money available, a lot of players whose contracts are up gone, fresh faces in and Franks inspiration we can go that extra mile

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

It's not the manager. We're just not that good. We're exactly where we deserve to be. This squad isn't built for Lampard's style. It's a mismatch of different managers approaches to the game.

Okay, he spent money but that doesn't mean everything. Transfers are always hit and miss. We made a few signings and some have been better than others. Holmes, Waghorn, Marriott, Josefzoon (in spells) have shown me that in the right system, surrounded by players also looking to move the ball quickly on the floor and play out from the back, have a lot to contribute

But the ball falls to Huddlestone, and he just wants to ping it 50 yards. Or it falls to Wilson (not to blame him) who wants to run through people and/or have a go on his own. You want to have a variety of styles in your team so you're not reliant on plan A, but we don't have a plan A. We don't have a big enough group of players singing from the same hymn sheet. The stats have shown that the ball has sat at the feet of Keogh and Tomori for large spells of the game because nobody is showing for them.

Lampard obviously is still learning as a manager. And if you know anything about him as a player, you know he adapts very quickly. I'm not putting a timescale on when the turnaround needs to be. Not even next season. We've got to face facts that we're just going around in circles. Getting oh so close and then failing spectacularly. We need to step away from the promotion chase for a bit to get our affairs in order. That being both in terms of developing a Derby Way (I know it's a laughing stock but I don't think the idea was wrong at all) and also for FFP reasons.

We're going to take 2 steps back to take 3 steps forward. So buckle up, because it might get ugly. Sorry to break this news to you at ST renewal time, but it's the case.

This is the same team that has been in the playoffs all season until very recently, the team is good enough, currently the players aren't showing it, I'd love nothing more than for us to turn it around under Frank and I don't seriously believe we should sack him but his squad is a top six side and he needs to prove to us that he can bounce back after a few weeks like this. 

Archived