Sack Frank

DCFC27

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think the jury have already returned a majority verdict that we've dropped a couple of clangers.

p.s. Norwich didn't just sell cheating diver they also sold the Murphy sisters. Total income £45million!

Plus parachute money 

8 hours ago, Tombo said:

It's not the manager. We're just not that good. We're exactly where we deserve to be. This squad isn't built for Lampard's style. It's a mismatch of different managers approaches to the game.

Okay, he spent money but that doesn't mean everything. Transfers are always hit and miss. We made a few signings and some have been better than others. Holmes, Waghorn, Marriott, Josefzoon (in spells) have shown me that in the right system, surrounded by players also looking to move the ball quickly on the floor and play out from the back, have a lot to contribute

But the ball falls to Huddlestone, and he just wants to ping it 50 yards. Or it falls to Wilson (not to blame him) who wants to run through people and/or have a go on his own. You want to have a variety of styles in your team so you're not reliant on plan A, but we don't have a plan A. We don't have a big enough group of players singing from the same hymn sheet. The stats have shown that the ball has sat at the feet of Keogh and Tomori for large spells of the game because nobody is showing for them.

Lampard obviously is still learning as a manager. And if you know anything about him as a player, you know he adapts very quickly. I'm not putting a timescale on when the turnaround needs to be. Not even next season. We've got to face facts that we're just going around in circles. Getting oh so close and then failing spectacularly. We need to step away from the promotion chase for a bit to get our affairs in order. That being both in terms of developing a Derby Way (I know it's a laughing stock but I don't think the idea was wrong at all) and also for FFP reasons.

We're going to take 2 steps back to take 3 steps forward. So buckle up, because it might get ugly. Sorry to break this news to you at ST renewal time, but it's the case.

Doing “their bit” for you!?

11 hours ago, Inglorius said:

If you realistically believe that the board are going to come out and say hey we intend to piddle around in mid table obscurity for the next few seasons whilst we regroup then it's not going to happen 

So wrong where have you been the past few seasons

2 minutes ago, Ramet said:

2 minutes ago, Ramet said:

Last time we finished mid table was under Nige wasn't it? Been in the promotion hunt most seasons recently haven't we?

42 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Last time we finished mid table was under Nige wasn't it? Been in the promotion hunt most seasons recently haven't we?

Pearson Mac Rowett season we finished 11th I think, somewhere round there 

21 hours ago, Carnero said:

It's not though is it.

Mount injured

Lawrence injured

Bryson injured

Marriott injured (until recently)

Wilson out of form

It's a squad game and Mount bar Mount none have been out for more than a couple of weeks. 

Freedom of speech, everyone entitled to their opinion but the title of this thread is bonkers, misleading and encourages doom mongering around the club. 

I do think his "power" move if you want to call it that was completely wrong and his rotation policy just isn't going to work with a squad of our ability and lack of quality. Let's not write Evans off but he simply isn't as good as Huddlestone. He just isn't. We don't have the luxury of resting our best players. Play your best XI! Sadly he still doesn't know what this is but I'm not calling for his head. We need some continuity and somehow we are still in the mix this season. 

The players need to take as much responsibility as the manager. However 4 home games. IF and its a BIG IF we can get ourselves back on track with 9 or 10 out of 12 points then we that will reinvigorate everyone at the club for the final run in. 

I'm not bypassing Saturday as it was not good enough, however who was really expecting a result at Villa with our recent form and record there over time? The manner of performance was worrying but the result wasn't surprising.  

Like I said we are still in the mix having not played well since October so lets do what we can for them the next 4 games and hope they can get back on track! 

37 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Like I said we are still in the mix having not played well since October so lets do what we can for them the next 4 games and hope they can get back on track! 

? Back on track?

I reckon these upcoming games will show the fans whether Lampard gets what you say about limiting squad rotation and playing your best team...

59 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

? Back on track?

I reckon these upcoming games will show the fans whether Lampard gets what you say about limiting squad rotation and playing your best team...

Lampard got it right with the team he played against Villa apart from dropping Bogle.

PS He has injuries to key players like Mount and Lawrence and Wilson was ill 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh, that doesn't bode well then?

Mate Villa were always up for that game particularly with Grealish back who is class. 

Max Bird got his first start and I’d stick  with him and give him first team playing time as he will be good for us 

Frank has injuries to key players like Mount and  Lawrence and Wilson had been ill. 

The future isn’t that bad IMO 

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Mate Villa were always up for that game particularly with Grealish back who is class. 

Max Bird got his first start and I’d stick  with him and give him first team playing time as he will be good for us 

Frank has injuries to key players like Mount and  Lawrence and Wilson had been ill. 

The future isn’t that bad IMO 

Yep there is value in looking at it long term as opposed to short term around blooding players and trying to rotate squad players a bit just now with injuries we have , certainly in certain games and situations ,do any of us have real faith that playing hudds in his current form or Bradley with his real proven inability to not constantly give away position cheaply would have been likely to get us a win away at villa? I’m not convinced it would have helped a great deal , we don’t have a decent enough midfield with the injuries we have and I think frank knows that ,not helped by the derby jinx of bringing in king in jan only for him to be ruled out for the season in feb 

yet again we are not having the best of luck with injuries and it’s taking its toll 

At the moment I have serious doubts about Frank Lampard’s judgement on a few things. Constant changes, releasing players on loan that are an improvement on what we are left with, signings, tactics, lack of an organised defence, team hardly getting a shot off in games, defence being generally confused, expecting Marriott to deal with high balls against 6ft 3 defenders. Apart from that he is clearly a fking genius. 

When you have a great team spirit you see everyone rallying round their teammates, doubling up on tackles, making themselves available for the easy pass and running unselfishly to make space for others.

You also see them geeing each other up and directing each other to get into position.

I haven't seen that for about six weeks.

Meanwhile Frank stands with hands in pockets and Keogh just looks exasperated.

It all seems so stagnant, though obviously I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes

Archived