Sack Frank

DCFC27

13 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

This is the same team that has been in the playoffs all season until very recently

It's not though is it.

Mount injured

Lawrence injured

Bryson injured

Marriott injured (until recently)

Wilson out of form

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Carnero said:

It's not though is it.

Mount injured

Lawrence injured

Bryson injured

Marriott injured (until recently)

Wilson out of form

Am not sure how valid it is quoting Bryson being injured a contributory factor in our recent slide when he has been playing am not entirely sure what postive impact's he has made apart from running round a lot 

10 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Am not sure how valid it is quoting Bryson being injured a contributory factor in our recent slide when he has been playing am not entirely sure what postive impact's he has made apart from running round a lot 

Sometimes the positive impact is not noticed in lots of players until they are out injured

13 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I was responding to the claim that "this is the same side that has been in the play offs all season".

Bryson, however he was or wasn't performing, HAS been a regular in that team along with Mount, Lawrence, etc so this is not the same team!

5 hours ago, Barnetbyram said:

Sacking Frank would be ridiculous, look at Norwich’s Daniel Farke his 1st season they finished 14th now look at them, I wrote the playoffs off weeks ago, it is depressing how poor we are atm, and I’m not sure it’s going to steady, but we have been ravaged by injuries, and I believe funding for more quality players due to having to stay within FFP, hopefully next season with more money available, a lot of players whose contracts are up gone, fresh faces in and Franks inspiration we can go that extra mile

If this is a guaranteed solution that if we are patient he will come good, I’m with you.  

Thing is 2019 has done nothing to show he will become a good manager.  At the moment I am concerned that we could wait until the end of time fo him the come good.  Next few games are bloody important to show he has what it takes.  Cmon frank show us you can do it, I really do not want you to fail but you’re ain’t looking very pretty at the moment 

6 hours ago, Inglorius said:

If you realistically believe that the board are going to come out and say hey we intend to piddle around in mid table obscurity for the next few seasons whilst we regroup then it's not going to happen 

They won't say it, you're right, but it is now very likely to happen as a result of years of expensive failure. Regardless of manager, we have to get replace the several first team players who are about to walk away for free. Yes, this helps with the wage bill but sadly, their replacements won't be free. Do we know if FFP gives us the wiggle room to fund a deficit? If not, we'd have to sell one of our decent players just to replace the average ones that make up a squad.

I really hope the board don't plan to stick their fingers in their ears and not have something in place for when the financial past comes back to haunt us. 

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

If this is a guaranteed solution that if we are patient he will come good, I’m with you.  

Thing is 2019 has done nothing to show he will become a good manager.  At the moment I am concerned that we could wait until the end of time fo him the come good.  Next few games are bloody important to show he has what it takes.  Cmon frank show us you can do it, I really do not want you to fail but you’re ain’t looking very pretty at the moment 

Where were the obvious green shoots with Norwich and Bristol last season? Genuine question as I don't know the answer.

What would you expect someone else to do with the current playing staff?

Yes let's SACK FRANK ! ....................... 

Bring in Johnny Knownowt , I've heard he's good , on FIFA at least , let him stuff us up with lots of his players on long contracts/big money then get rid of him 9 months down the road and be in poo street once again.............Jeez H C ! , havent we been there before,  done that?, still suffering the consequences ? Have some of you numpties got no patience at all ?

14 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Where were the obvious green shoots with Norwich and Bristol last season? Genuine question as I don't know the answer.

Neither do I, I don’t follow them.  Not saying this is an easy decision either way.  This year frank seems confused, no clear direction, changing his team based on reading this site ? I don’t know for sure but I am losing the hope I had for him

So we sack Frank. Then we appoint a new manager. The new manager brings in new players. The ones we've already got don't fit his team plan. We have a honeymoon period, several injuries then play badly and we sack the manager. Round and round getting absolutely nowhere. Far better in my humble opinion to stick with Frank, give him time to build his own team and hopefully hone his management skills. This ram is backing Frank.

21 minutes ago, Duracell said:

well norwich flogged Maddison - their one assumed star - to Lesta. And still improved it seems.

We've done the same with Vydra but the jurys currently out on the quality of the purchases.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Dappled Ram said:

So we sack Frank. Then we appoint a new manager. The new manager brings in new players. The ones we've already got don't fit his team plan. We have a honeymoon period, several injuries then play badly and we sack the manager. Round and round getting absolutely nowhere. Far better in my humble opinion to stick with Frank, give him time to build his own team and hopefully hone his management skills. This ram is backing Frank.

You posted in the wrong forum....far too sensible that. ??

i wrote somewhere else that the Board (or rather Mel) simply has to decide whether to trust frank with the cash (whatever number that might actually be) for a rebuild. There's one coming for sure, we just don't know if its going to be well funded, or a few u23's, loans and a couple of L2 wannabees.

Next year needs a strong coach wanting to build an identity.

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

well norwich flogged Maddison - their one assumed star - to Lesta. And still improved it seems.

We've done the same with Vydra but the jurys currently out on the quality of the purchases.

I think the jury have already returned a majority verdict that we've dropped a couple of clangers.

p.s. Norwich didn't just sell cheating diver they also sold the Murphy sisters. Total income £45million!

Archived