Sack Frank

DCFC27

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why? 

Because it indicates that his signings, training regimen and tactics are not the basis on which to build. That's not to say I've written him off now, just that this is the point where he proves himself or fails - and reinforcing failure is always a mistake.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Nailed it in my opinion.

Frank has picked up all the square pegs left behind in a wake of managers, who for what ever reason haven't been given time to build their own teams.

So now we really do need to give Frank time, to get rid of those expensive bystanders and build his own team.

Surely, only then can you really judge him on his own performance/merits

He's bought in a few square pegs of his own, plus playing some he doesn't have to...

Agreed something not right, also agree with many on here that it's not Frank.

Frank (and Jody, maybe even more so) has done a great job in linking the 1st team with U23s and youth as well as beginning to bring youngsters into the fold, sounds like doing a good job of reducing the wage bill, did a great job of connecting us with some great loan signings (Mount been unlucky with injuries obviously) its just the lack of consistent performances from the 1st team. 

Maybe Franks should be Director of Football 

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Because it indicates that his signings, training regimen and tactics are not the basis on which to build. That's not to say I've written him off now, just that this is the point where he proves himself or fails - and reinforcing failure is always a mistake.

True but, maybe he accepts that some of his signings were mistakes and he's learned from those mistakes. I don't expect vast amounts of funds to become available in the summer but perhaps with a clear out there might be an opportunity to bring in the sort of players he can work with.

Don't forget, he was faced with a transfer window last summer at a time when he'd never even managed a team before. Hopefully this summer he will be a little older (obviously) and a lot wiser.

For me, even if we fell off a cliff and ended up finishing mid table or just below then I wouldn't be looking to sack him. 

We really can't keep changing manager because we don't get success in the first season. If we'd have sacked Brian Clough in his first season we'd never have enjoyed those glory days. And anyway what is success? We are not sitting at the bottom of the table in a relegation battle. I never expected promotion this season and hope that Frank will be with us for all of next season at least. We desperately need a period of stability and get behind our players and our manager. During tough times we should stick together not panic or moan when things aren't going our way. We have a lot to be thankful for.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's bought in a few square pegs of his own, plus playing some he doesn't have to...

No one is perfect, but I guess he is learning his trade just like we have all had to do throughout our professions.

Not many get their jobs right the first time

I expected nothing from this season, due to the fact we had little or no money to spend. and when we did spend, it was by selling first.  When a club is carrying dead weight, it always seems to erode the seasons performance, or maybe I am reading too much into that.

Looking at the fact we have 5 loans at the club, who realistically won't be here next season, a number of players out of contract and academy lads doing well, there is a lot to be done in the summer.

I think next season will see FL mould a team that will challenge, unless Chelski come and give us £5m and let us keep the loans FOC.

14 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Definitely worth the discussion, if this was another manager we’d be calling for it already but as it’s Frank why is it any different... another manager wouldn’t survive much longer if we carry on as we are. 

No its not mate.

10 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

No one is perfect, but I guess he is learning his trade just like we have all had to do throughout our professions.

Not many get their jobs right the first time

Most people don't get to do the 'top job' when they've previously only watched it. I've become less convinced by his ability to 'get' the Championship as the matches go on. Plus I'm also starting to think that even if he gets it partly right, then just like Mount, Harry & Tomori, we've only got him on loan. After listening to the Johnny Russell interview I wonder if the players feel that a little bit too? 

#COYR (Not #COFLR - that's started to bug me too) Lol, maybe Mac has ruined football afterall! ?

8 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

I expected nothing from this season, due to the fact we had little or no money to spend. and when we did spend, it was by selling first.  

Why does this get repeated over and over again?

How much has FL spent? He's bought in players on loan and purchased - they've been his choice. Afterall maybe he would have sat Vydra on the bench or played him wide!

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Most people don't get to do the 'top job' when they've previously only watched it. I've become less convinced by his ability to 'get' the Championship as the matches go on. Plus I'm also starting to think that even if he gets it partly right, then just like Mount, Harry & Tomori, we've only got him on loan. After listening to the Johnny Russell interview I wonder if the players feel that a little bit too? 

#COYR (Not #COFLR - that's started to bug me too) Lol, maybe Mac has ruined football afterall! ?

What did JR say?

He would walk into this team at the minute.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So the same as all managers - no excuse then.

Not an excuse but it’s part and parcel of football.

No wonder why every year is dejavous for you, until you accept simple things like this then you will always be wanting a change of some sort.

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not sure if I have mis-understood you. 

Forgive me but with regards to Frank, not only has he watched it, he has played it and I am pretty sure he has been mentored by top managers. (This won't necessarily make him a top manager)

But my main point is, if you or I went into a new job, whether you have any experience or not. You would expect to be given a little time to settle in and gain the experience in that role.

Get sacked after a short while and business would never survive.

All this sack the manager has been proven not to work. At least let him build his own team and then if he falls on his sword he would have no one else to blame.

Constantly chopping and changing is not the answer

Archived