Sack Frank

DCFC27

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Do you know FL or you just assuming he would do all the things you say?  You are basing it on gut feeling, nothing more, I’m thankful or hopeful that out club will never be run based upon judging someone without even asking that question.

Would you have hired and backed Eddie Howe, or are you saying let’s only accept sub standard managers with no ambition. 

As for the short term, your words not mine, some bad results and Mel will have to pull the trigger I think you put, unless of course you do know this is the case ?

I'm basing my argument on logic, not gut feeling.

Yes, if we were a League 2 club I'd have promoted a coach like Eddie Howe to take charge. They were a lot smaller than Derby and Howe had more experience than Lampard. 

You seem to be proposing that Lampard should be given lots of time because he used to be a good player. Are you basing that on fact or gut feeling?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Lost my patience this season now, nowhere near as good as we should be, but the worst part is there is no passion in that team. Poor results you can deal with bad performances can be frustrating but we haven’t turned up for a game since before Christmas, what is completely unacceptable is not turning up to play at all against your bitter rivals. Embarrassment.

Utter dipstick

20 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Lost my patience this season now, nowhere near as good as we should be, but the worst part is there is no passion in that team. Poor results you can deal with bad performances can be frustrating but we haven’t turned up for a game since before Christmas, what is completely unacceptable is not turning up to play at all against your bitter rivals. Embarrassment.

Finally figureed him out, either a Stoke or Villa supporter wumming...

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm basing my argument on logic, not gut feeling.

Yes, if we were a League 2 club I'd have promoted a coach like Eddie Howe to take charge. They were a lot smaller than Derby and Howe had more experience than Lampard. 

You seem to be proposing that Lampard should be given lots of time because he used to be a good player. Are you basing that on fact or gut feeling?

When have I said that, I’d be very surprised if I have said anything if the such, not doubting you though with my memory.

But Howe left for what he perceived to be a bigger job, yet here you are saying that it’s wrong to give FL a job based upon logic that he may leave if he is successful? 

What would be your selection criteria be then ? Excuse me if you have any intention on leaving we can’t give you the job, I’d say 99% of managers would like to further their career at some point, also what happens if they say I’m not going anywhere, do you not give it them ? Why reappoint EH, I mean. he left once why wouldn’t he jump again, logic would surely say he would or maybe that all important interview between the manager and owner is a better barometer than guesswork ?

Sounds like by my logic you don’t like him, I have no foundations for that of course, but Ino that would be a better reason for not appointing someone than they may leave based upon logic ?

6 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

Agreed something not right, also agree with many on here that it's not Frank.

Frank (and Jody, maybe even more so) has done a great job in linking the 1st team with U23s and youth as well as beginning to bring youngsters into the fold, sounds like doing a good job of reducing the wage bill, did a great job of connecting us with some great loan signings (Mount been unlucky with injuries obviously) its just the lack of consistent performances from the 1st team. 

Maybe Franks should be Director of Football 

Interested to know about linking in first team, U23's and youth...what are they doing that is different to anywhere else? 

Also any information regarding him doing a good job of reducing the wage bill please?

2 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

We are really missing Lawrence at the moment,someone who is direct and commits defenders. It says a lot about our fan base that they can’t wait to get on his back every time something doesn’t come off,no wonder all the players are taking the safe option all the time.

We talking about Tom Lawrence ? Or do we own another player who’s surname is Lawrence who does all the above.

tom Lawrence’s last however many games pre injury and I’m thinking Preston in particular he was nothing short of absolutely abysmal, literally couldn’t find a rams shirt if his life had depended on it 

theres trying stuff and trying to be positive which I’ll always support and embrace which I realise doesn’t always come off but then there’s being just downright cheap with the ball

if our season is relying on our tom coming back I’ll book my summer holidays now lol

21 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Definitely worth the discussion, if this was another manager we’d be calling for it already but as it’s Frank why is it any different... another manager wouldn’t survive much longer if we carry on as we are. 

That’s why he’s here you turnip. 

If we’d appointed John Jones fans like you would be all over it after the first defeat. 

Appointing someone like Lampard buys us a bit more time for the manager to develop a style and a football philosophy. 

See, it’s took you two defeats. 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

We talking about Tom Lawrence ? Or do we own another player who’s surname is Lawrence who does all the above.

tom Lawrence’s last however many games pre injury and I’m thinking Preston in particular he was nothing short of absolutely abysmal, literally couldn’t find a rams shirt if his life had depended on it 

if our season is relying on our tom coming back I’ll book my summer holidays now lol

Divides opinions but imo TL is our best wide player. Bennett, Flo, Holmes, Waghorn all players who can play in that position however none of them can win a game in an instance like TL has and can do.  Add in Wilson and Mount and you have a front three where the opposition  can’t let them play in front of you and that’s when the space appears for others.

Stay in touch with the play offs with 5 games to go and with these three fit we have a chance.

Lampards effectively had a free hit this season and needs to be mindful of this for next season when inevitably his position will come under far more scrutiny if we are seeing the same level of performance from his players.

Did Mel Morris publically set Lampard any performance targets for this season or was it the we're aiming to finish as high up the league as we can wishy washy mantra.

The problem is (and always has been) the recruitment. We need clarity about our scouting and player recruitment. The last I heard about our scouting was that we identified Kilian Mbape as a player with promise....

Frank and his team only have so much knowledge, they need help, especially with the pursestrings being tightend. 

11 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

We need to remember that Forest now have a man at the helm who is already in the top tier of managers as far as I’m concerned.

He learned under the Great Man himself.

All Frank has going for him is being a great player, a great England ?‍✈️ captain and a steep learning curve. He is a fine medium term acquisition for the Rams ? He needs time and support mingled with realistic aims and objectives.

Rome wasn’t managed by Cloughie back in the day it was built either!

I was here when he arrived and we finished lower in the league than in the previous season ! 

Whilst the performances have been abject recently i think this season is the best to give someone a chance to truly rebuild. 

The old guard are mostly gone in the summer. There is a decent base to build from in Carson, Davies, Keogh, Huddlestone, Holmes, Marriott.

We will need Franks contacts to try and find a new midfield and get in some more loans. That along with blooding some youth players is our new model and a whole lot more sustainable that the last 5 years. 

Both Leeds, Norwich and Sheff U have done well using this.

Come back to me in 12 months.

10 hours ago, topgun06 said:

It is the same rhetoric we hear every year. "Sack x manager". And evidently it is what tends to happen, we've had five full time managers in the last three years. But nothing changes. When people are angry after several poor results it is the default argument, "sack the manager". It is boring. 

But why? What are people after? Promotion? Free flowing attacking football? Okay, but why the rush? Why the need for immediate promotion? Why does the goal have to be achieved in less than 12 months? Yes, some teams appoint a manager and it just seems to click. But for the vast majority, it doesn't work like that. What is wrong with a bit of fortitude? Is 9 months the limit of peoples' patience?

Many have already stated that we don't have the money to invest properly in the squad or the money to fully support a transition period. But how is piddling more money up the wall on new managers, new backroom staff, new ideas going to get us closer the the goal?

I'm not convinced. We've all seen it over the past years, changing managers doesn't work. So I'm not convinced on changing this one. 

We all know that at the end of the season a bunch of players are out of contact, several are returning to their parent clubs, at least one is retiring. So next year we have another opportunity to try and build a squad. 

Do people really want to get promotion this year? Based on the squad and performances? I personally don't want to scrape up through the playoffs and endure a torrid season in the Prem. I'd like to give it a go when were in a better position as a club, as a squad, as a team. 

I don't see the rush. Okay, so we sack the manager, replace him with... someone. For what? To get promotion? To scrape up? Nah, not for me. I don't see the harm in waiting and trying again next year. On the whole, barring the last few games I've been enjoying this season. We've seen what Frank has been trying to achieve at the start/mid period of the season. 

Maybe I'm not the typical fan. Maybe I have a bit more patience and less of a desire for instantiations success. Maybe I'm not as fussed about getting promotion. Maybe I'd prefer a little more stability than the average fan. Or maybe myself too is just delirious. 

We know what you meant!?

4 hours ago, LordBeamish said:

How many managers have Derby had in the same time that my club, Burnley FC have had Sean Dyche in charge(Autumn 2012)?

Maybe the problem is that your Club never gives managers time? 

Lampard is learning on the job. He needs at least until the end of next season to judge him. He’s managing with mainly the same players that have come up short for the past 4-5 years. 

So someone who doesn't even support the club can see this clearly (no disrespect @LordBeamish) yet we still have rabid kneejerkers like the OP who claim to be Rams fans who can't. Don't know whether to laugh or cry really.

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Christ! Are folk really moaning about Frank putting his hands in his pockets now? Tell you what chaps, if it bothers you so much lets get this guy in charge, shall we?

giphy.gif

The money we'd save on a club suit would be handy.

Archived