Sack Frank

DCFC27

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, RamNut said:

This is a totally embarrassing thread.

God knows what frank and mel must make of it.

To be fair, if anything If Frank and MM were to bother looking at this thread. Other than the title, it has a lot of positives and good reasons why we shouldn't sack Frank.

The cups have been a massive distraction in my view , seen it so many times over the years where promotion chasing sides loose their way after the excitement of playing very well in the glamour games , it s great to do well in them and the feel good factor whilst progressing can be a real positive and motivator for team and fans but the eventual loss can really take the wind out of player and fans sails, 

another poss factor may be the training policy where it’s full pelt by all accounts all the time and I have a slight nagging doubt that it’s perhaps better suited to bigger prem clubs with bigger pool of real quality players to step and replace each other and maybe not so productive for a club like us at this point , I say this because over our recent poor run players seem to be a bit jaded and flat energy wise ,, course I could be totaly wrong or it may be a factor that frank and his team spot and adjust ,

but to sack him at this point??? Bloody bizarre thinking , things may not be going the way he wants performance wise at present but  he has the right philosophy and is working to try to achieve it , our profile is massively lifted and with it the chance to maximise revenue streams for the club and the raised chance of attracting the kind of players that we just would struggle to get near our club at this point without frank and his team ,

theres plenty of plus points for keeping frank and being pleased he is at our club and very few if any for sacking him 

bit long winded this post as it might have been easier just to tell a few posters to stop being eternal knobs

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

The cups have been a massive distraction in my view , seen it so many times over the years where promotion chasing sides loose their way after the excitement of playing very well in the glamour games , it s great to do well in them and the feel good factor whilst progressing can be a real positive and motivator for team and fans but the eventual loss can really take the wind out of player and fans sails, 

another poss factor may be the training policy where it’s full pelt by all accounts all the time and I have a slight nagging doubt that it’s perhaps better suited to bigger prem clubs with bigger pool of real quality players to step and replace each other and maybe not so productive for a club like us at this point , I say this because over our recent poor run players seem to be a bit jaded and flat energy wise ,, course I could be totaly wrong or it may be a factor that frank and his team spot and adjust ,

but to sack him at this point??? Bloody bizarre thinking , things may not be going the way he wants performance wise at present but  he has the right philosophy and is working to try to achieve it , our profile is massively lifted and with it the chance to maximise revenue streams for the club and the raised chance of attracting the kind of players that we just would struggle to get near our club at this point without frank and his team ,

theres plenty of plus points for keeping frank and being pleased he is at our club and very few if any for sacking him 

bit long winded this post as it might have been easier just to tell a few posters to stop being eternal knobs

Your analysis has a bit of merit on the carabao cup, where the Chelsea game might have exacerbated Mason mounts injury. 

But the rest is not credible. We've shown equally in previous seasons that lack of an fa cup run has not stopped our league results sliding.

Chelsea's approach for years is to try to win every competition they are in. They don't target one over another. That's probably where Frank draws his experience from.

On 25/02/2019 at 21:57, superzak said:

We sit behind Frank so can see his demeanour during the game. Against millwall his hands never came out his pockets. 

Well that goes a long way to explaining most of your posts - you don't watch what's going on on the pitch - too busy being fascinated by where the manager has got his hands.

14 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Look everyone, I know the solution to this. It's clear to me we're missing one key person.

Adam Bolder.

Ever since Norwich away when he was on commentary, our performances in the league haven't been great. It must be the curse of Craig Ramage. Sub Ramage for Bolder for the rest of the since, we might have a chance.

More logical than sacking the manager....... :')  

No keep ramage get rid of bolder he is bouring to listen too.

One of the main things I would like to see Frank do is to show much more passion from the technical area. More shouting, waving of arms and handing out strong words  when required. It may not be in his nature but I think it is certainly something that should be done given some of our performances this season. 

1 hour ago, Hector was the best said:

One of the main things I would like to see Frank do is to show much more passion from the technical area. More shouting, waving of arms and handing out strong words  when required. It may not be in his nature but I think it is certainly something that should be done given some of our performances this season. 

I agree.

As you say,it may not be in his nature and could only be symbolic as it may not actually make much difference but at least it might convince some doubters that he does share our passion and have a message that he's trying to get out to the players.

Well this thread may seem ridiculous but no more so than those who were showering the praise on Frank (and, for some unknown reason, Jody Morris as well) when we were brilliant for 5 or so games in October.

It generally takes a year or so to find out if anyone is any good, not just the most recent results. I find that looking at the final league table helps this judgement.  

1 minute ago, Brummie Steve said:

A manager is only as good as his team’s last result.

Guess who said that.

Clue:- Initials are BC. No, not Bobby Charlton, Billy Crystal or Billy Connolly, close, but no cigar.

barbara cartland?

Barbara-Cartland-010.jpg?width=620&quali

Archived