Sack Frank

DCFC27

25 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

I expected nothing from this season, due to the fact we had little or no money to spend. and when we did spend, it was by selling first.  When a club is carrying dead weight, it always seems to erode the seasons performance, or maybe I am reading too much into that.

Looking at the fact we have 5 loans at the club, who realistically won't be here next season, a number of players out of contract and academy lads doing well, there is a lot to be done in the summer.

I think next season will see FL mould a team that will challenge, unless Chelski come and give us £5m and let us keep the loans FOC.

I didn't expect us to be challenging but I did expect us to be playing a certain type of football and for improvements in our performance as the team gelled and understood what was expected of them by the management.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

What did JR say?

He would walk into this team at the minute.

He was asked about Mac & the Newcastle job, he implied that Mac never really put it 'to bed' and the players expected him to go (paraphrasing). Watch his interview it's good, yet bad! ?

6 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not an excuse but it’s part and parcel of football.

No wonder why every year is dejavous for you, until you accept simple things like this then you will always be wanting a change of some sort.

Don't make it personal. Change of some sort? What like us to be winning games and playing better football?

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

True but, maybe he accepts that some of his signings were mistakes and he's learned from those mistakes. I don't expect vast amounts of funds to become available in the summer but perhaps with a clear out there might be an opportunity to bring in the sort of players he can work with.

Don't forget, he was faced with a transfer window last summer at a time when he'd never even managed a team before. Hopefully this summer he will be a little older (obviously) and a lot wiser.

For me, even if we fell off a cliff and ended up finishing mid table or just below then I wouldn't be looking to sack him. 

Exactly this.

And to all the (very few) trigger happy folk here, it's worth remembering that a certain Mr Clough finished his first season at the Rams in a lower league position than the manager he replaced.

Thank goodness Mr. Longson let that rookie manager learn the ropes a little longer.

How many people on here suggested Frank had picked the wrong side last night?

Once they get on the pitch it's up to them.

Losing King was a shame because I think he would have relished the central role. In the first half we had both him and Huddlestone playing the simple pass and poor Duane trying to up the pace but with Wilson and Marriott out of form and Waghorn closely marked.

Christ on a bike. Yeah, let's sack yet another manager and give someone else 5 minutes to fix half a decade's worth of issues shall we, as that's worked brilliantly thus far, hasn't it? 

Even if you are of a mindset to give up on this season with a 3rd of it still to go, the summer window remains critical. We will be having a major clear-out at that point and Frank will for the first time, be able to enjoy an aggressive net-spend. Add that to the fact that our youth teams are absolutely flying right now, then sitting 7th in the league right at this point, only 2 points out of the play-off slots doesn't really seem worthy of such cringeworthy hissy-fits as we're seeing from some quarters, does it?

37 minutes ago, CapeTownRam said:

Couldn't agree more! Lampard has done damn well so far! Give him time and the team he needs to succeed.

How has he done 'damn well'? he's done an average job at best... his transfer dealings haven't been too good either... Josefzoon Flop - Waghorn - Flop Evans - Flop ……. Wilson's been very good - Mount hasn't lived upto expectations - Holmes hasn't really done anything but he looks like a decent player is there and Marriott has had an okay season. 

All in all you look at where we were this time last year and now and you have to say he's taken the club backwards and with no particular style of play evident it doesn't look like he's building towards something.... you just have to look at Farke, Wilder and Johnson last year all their teams didn't manage to get play off but they had a style of play and you could tell something was being built. I'm afraid FL hasn't done that with us, look I don't seriously want him gone but he needs to prove his pedigree in the next 13 games as he's going to have to spend a lot in the summer it seems with so many players out of contract... I'd prefer we didn't let him spend if he can't get us exciting fans between now and the end of the season.  

39 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Christ on a bike. Yeah, let's sack yet another manager and give someone else 5 minutes to fix half a decade's worth of issues shall we, as that's worked brilliantly thus far, hasn't it? 

Even if you are of a mindset to give up on this season with a 3rd of it still to go, the summer window remains critical. We will be having a major clear-out at that point and Frank will for the first time, be able to enjoy an aggressive net-spend. Add that to the fact that our youth teams are absolutely flying right now, then sitting 7th in the league right at this point, only 2 points out of the play-off slots doesn't really seem worthy of such cringeworthy hissy-fits as we're seeing from some quarters, does it?

I don't think Franks the right man, his signings so far haven't captured the imagination unless we get some experienced heads along side him to help buy the players we need someone else... look at his signings none have really consistently performed bar Tomori and Wilson. Mount has been average. Marriott hasn't done enough. Waghorn has been a flop. Holmes hasn't really done much though I concede he does look like he has potential. Evans - not good enough. 

1 minute ago, DcfcJB said:

I don't think Franks the right man, his signings so far haven't captured the imagination unless we get some experienced heads along side him to help buy the players we need someone else... look at his signings none have really consistently performed bar Tomori and Wilson. Mount has been average. Marriott hasn't done enough. Waghorn has been a flop. Holmes hasn't really done much though I concede he does look like he has potential. Evans - not good enough. 

For the sake of clarity, I've highlighted the bits I think are utter tosh.

16 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

Definitely worth the discussion, if this was another manager we’d be calling for it already but as it’s Frank why is it any different... another manager wouldn’t survive much longer if we carry on as we are. 

Certain, more experienced managers maybe, but I'd like to think the fans & the club as a whole would give any young coach enough slack to implement his ideas.  If we were 20th you might have a point, but we're 7th FFS

3 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Ohh look we've lost a game let's sack the manager.......

11 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

How has he done 'damn well'? he's done an average job at best... his transfer dealings haven't been too good either... Josefzoon Flop - Waghorn - Flop Evans - Flop ……. Wilson's been very good - Mount hasn't lived upto expectations - Holmes hasn't really done anything but he looks like a decent player is there and Marriott has had an okay season. 

All in all you look at where we were this time last year and now and you have to say he's taken the club backwards and with no particular style of play evident it doesn't look like he's building towards something.... you just have to look at Farke, Wilder and Johnson last year all their teams didn't manage to get play off but they had a style of play and you could tell something was being built. I'm afraid FL hasn't done that with us, look I don't seriously want him gone but he needs to prove his pedigree in the next 13 games as he's going to have to spend a lot in the summer it seems with so many players out of contract... I'd prefer we didn't let him spend if he can't get us exciting fans between now and the end of the season.  

That argument doesn't add up because only Farke was new to his role at Norwich, both Wilder & Johnson have been in charge for several seasons, ie. they've been given time to shape their squads.  Frank's had 7 months!!!

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

For the sake of clarity, I've highlighted the bits I think are utter tosh.

Hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ... why don't you actually come back with a counter argument, or do you not have one? 

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

That argument doesn't add up because only Farke was new to his role at Norwich, both Wilder & Johnson have been in charge for several seasons, ie. they've been given time to shape their squads.  Frank's had 7 months!!!

Farke was in charge last year. You could tell when they cam to our place last year they had a style of play which he has recruited for this year and has done well, however Frank hasn't set that foundation with us this year, I don't see a style of play apart from trying to play from the back but then what do we do? 

2 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Farke was in charge last year. You could tell when they cam to our place last year they had a style of play which he has recruited for this year and has done well, however Frank hasn't set that foundation with us this year, I don't see a style of play apart from trying to play from the back but then what do we do? 

I know he was, you've just proved my point because they finished 14th last season, and now look at them...  Also Farke has been managing for 10 years, hardly a novice like our manager...

17 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

JB, I'm confused.  According to this you '......don't seriously want Frank gone' but you start a topic headed "Sack Frank" and your post 10 minutes ago starts with the words ' I don't think Franks the right man (sic)'.

I think - but may be wrong - that you do actually want him sacked and gone.  That is the overall impression you give.

16 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

You class yourself as an exciting fan? l Personally i put you in the over excited class,just a pity you show very little knowledge where football is concerned you call Evans a flop after 4 games you say mount hasnt lived up to expectations the guys been out injured since January during which time  Derby won 4 pts .You obviously have limited knowledge of football

Archived