O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Injuries to Fozzy, Davies, Mount & Marriott have cost us.

Plus having a rookie manager who has tinkered too much, hopefully he'll learn from it for next season.

If he's any sense, he'll ditch the players who won't be here next season and introduce a few of the youngsters - McDonald, Bird, Sibley, Babos, JML & Cresswell have all shown enough, consistently, to deserve chance.

Agree, although I worry about the roasting the fans would give them, week in, week out. 

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Says a lot that our best attacker got loaned to Hull. Marriott can't control a football, Waghorn is utter poo. Wilson is good at longshots but nothing else. Apart from Keogh tonight, nobody comes out of this game with any credit. Huddlestone had another mare, Andy King purely plays the ball backwards and sideways, which Butterfield got stick for. Jozefzoon once again ineffective. We're mid table nothing more, we need significant investment before we go anywhere. Wilson will never make it in the Prem.

Ask any Hull fan what they think of Martin...He is not good enough any more.  He is not the answer to the current form dip.  

Slow, no drive, no intensity. Absolute dross. Never once in that game thought we looked like scoring. 

We look completely toothless in attack. It's horrible to watch. 

Going into games now not looking forward to them at all. 

Sick of hearing interviews before and after the match and then they go out on the pitch and never ever back it up.

Absolutely pathetic performance yet again.

2 bang average sides.

We can’t break sides down. 1 good chance all game made it so easy for forest.

Going side to side poo all game!

our crossing is woeful not 1 good ball into the box! 

Roos 5 

Cole 5

Keogh 6

Tomori 7

Bogle 4

Hudds 5 

King 5

Wilson 4.5 

Holmes 6 

Waghorn 4

Marriott 5 

disappointed again.  

Sadly the last 4 performances I’m not sure we are going to win again ...62% possession with only 2 shots on target ..... the goal is the thing with the net behind it .... we were lucky to get a point against Ipswich didn’t turn up against Brighton .... the less said about Millwall game the better ... and I challenge anyone to give me something good that came out of that game ... it’s hard to be positive with performances of this calibre ... most concerning of all is the loanees we have are our best players .... take tomori Wilson mount out of this team and we are left in a sorry state ... Time to go cry in my cocoa ? 

Just now, GrimsbyRam said:

Ask any Hull fan what they think of Martin...He is not good enough any more.  He is not the answer to the current form dip.  

At least he can control the ball. Marriott and Waghorn repeatedly giving it away sure as hell ain't the answer. We never gave Martin a try.

The annoying thing is, we played alright tonight.

A big part of that was down to the fact that we conceded after 90 seconds, automatically forcing us onto the front foot. We played okay but we just didn’t create any clear cut chances.

I don’t care if people disagree; we need to build this team around Duane Holmes next season. He’s our best on-the-ball player by far and we should be going into next season with him in the heart of midfield. 

If we find another one or two on the cheap like him then we’ll be alright.

It is simple really, we cant break sides down. The worse thing that could of happened tonight was give them an early goal, it was downhill from there. Our only good chance came from an unintended pass that fell kindly to waghorn, we created nothing from our own good play. We are going nowhere fast, i thought forest were poor as well which makes it worse. Roll on our annual beating from villa.

I can't be bothered to write anything negative because I'd be up all night and the "f" key would get worn out, so I'll focus on something positive.

Duane Holmes is a lovely little player. Puts himself about, doesn't shirk his challenges, drops short to receive to feet and turns in possession to get us moving the right way. He can pick a through ball and never lets his head drop. He could be a very important player for us next season.

3 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

The annoying thing is, we played alright tonight.

A big part of that was down to the fact that we conceded after 90 seconds, automatically forcing us onto the front foot. We played okay but we just didn’t create any clear cut chances.

I don’t care if people disagree; we need to build this team around Duane Holmes next season. He’s our best on-the-ball player by far and we should be going into next season with him in the heart of midfield. 

If we find another one or two on the cheap like him then we’ll be alright.

Couldn't agree more about holnes I think hes class and always tries to be positive and try things that through ball for waghorn was beautiful at least he doesn't hide 

I dont go with the lampard hype....brilliant players very really make good managers. At the end of this season all deadwood is out of contract...so a perfect opportunity for frank to return to his beloved chelsea and for us to start afresh on all levels.

5 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

We are a worse side than last season. The football is no more enjoyable and we aren’t winning as much. I didn’t like Rowett but Frank isn’t doing much for me either, I’m starting to see that little purple spell months ago as a bit of an anomaly. 

I keep saying it, but what are we trying to do here? What’s the plan? We aren’t building anything in terms of a squad or style of football. 

I’m all for sticking with a manager at last, but I need to see something positive. 

Tonight was appalling. A very average Forest were still much better than we were. 

I feel dreadful.

Word for word what I was saying to my mates earlier, seriously being put off them at the minute, I want to enjoy watching, not feel like crap afterwards. Can't wait for the season to end, still trying to decide whether to renew, 30+ yrs of having ST when I have been able to, but now I may choose not to! 

Archived