O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I mentioned Madine as a possible target in January for this reason.  Marriott is strong and can turn a defender but will get nothing with the appallingly bad balls humped straight down his throat .

Regarding midfielders being brought in to play - i'm afraid we just don't have them .  Huddlestone was pedestrian at 17 ,nowadays it's like watching the opening credits to one foot in the grave

Not convinced Madine is the answer, but I don't think Marriott is either with this current midfield. Either the midfield doesn't hold it enough or offer anything, or the strikers don't help them. Either way, it isn't balanced at all.

7 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I am not blaming it all on him as half the team aren't good enough, but I feel if we are to be serious challengers next season we have to sign a right back who can actually defend.

OMG ..... ffp has stopped us filling roles that were a concern. We had to sell Vydra because of it. We had to play Bogle, who could have done with another year being outstanding in the U23s  with few games, but not to be relied on!

Just now, Andicis said:

One striker fired us to top of the table before injury and a playoff final, don't remember any of our other strikers doing that? Why is it delusional to want that striker back?

Because he clearly isn't that good. Frank isn't the first manager to realise this and now he's struggling to get in a hull team. He only scored that many goals for us because we played for him.   Look at his whole career he's never been prolific overall.  The fact we let Martin go is not the reason we aren't in the play offs.

Just now, Simsy said:

Frank isn't the first manager to realise this

And he isn't the first manager to be subpar with us either. The last successful manager was the one who utilized him fully.

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

The fact we let Martin go is not the reason we aren't in the play offs.

Completely agree. I still think we'd be a better side with him though.

Just now, Andicis said:

And he isn't the first manager to be subpar with us either. The last successful manager was the one who utilized him fully.

Completely agree. I still think we'd be a better side with him though.

Nope. Chris Martin isn't in high demand for a reason. He was at his very best for us but time to look forward not back.

23 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I am not blaming it all on him as half the team aren't good enough, but I feel if we are to be serious challengers next season we have to sign a right back who can actually defend.

Again , very harsh, would you have played Wisdom? I didn’t read that from you, he was an alternatetive, why weren’t you asking for him to play?

also, how do you know we aren’t looking at players for wing back positions for next seasons?

Early days for FL is something almost every Wrist slasher forgets

4 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Again , very harsh, would you have played Wisdom? I didn’t read that from you, he was an alternatetive, why weren’t you asking for him to play?

also, how do you know we aren’t looking at players for wing back positions for next seasons?

Early days for FL is something almost every Wrist slasher forgets

I was not asking for Wisdom to play today  as he has played very poorly this season and has seemed to have lost pace and confidence,  however I would probably start Wisdom on Saturday , as Bogle got destroyed by Villa earlier on in the season and needs to be dropped after a poor run of form.  We might be looking for fullback positions for next season, it is impossible to tell. I was just saying that I really hope we are, not a criticism of Lampard for being forced to play Bogle due to a lack of quality options. 

19 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Deluded.

It is quite deluded as CM in his last 2 seasons looked slower, a stone overweight. Had a drink with him in Belper on a Friday night and he was hammered!?? With a game on Saturday!?

his last game against Burton screamed he was done at Derby. Wishful memories I think ?

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Without the ball mostly. And not too well when he did manage to convince someone to pass forwards along the floor

One eye on his Anfield return? Can’t comment as didn’t see the game. Many predicted a loss, so no surprise. Goals scored is a worry for me more than this loss.

Just now, REDCAR said:

One eye on his Anfield return? Can’t comment as didn’t see the game. Many predicted a loss, so no surprise. Goals scored is a worry for me more than this loss.

He was furious with keep being ignored. He tried it was just none of them can read each other  

Archived