O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

1 minute ago, REDCAR said:

One eye on his Anfield return? Can’t comment as didn’t see the game. Many predicted a loss, so no surprise. Goals scored is a worry for me more than this loss.

He’s a million miles away from

the Liverpool first team probably needs at least another loan next season

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I was not asking for Wisdom to play today  as he has played very poorly this season and has seemed to have lost pace and confidence,  however I would probably start Wisdom on Saturday 

Hmmm OK. You say bogle was destroyed by villa, but you would rather play..... well , the above? 

I don’t get your logic?

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Hmmm OK. You say bogle was destroyed by villa, but you would rather play..... well , the above? 

I don’t get your logic?

Basically they are both as poo as each other and we may as well flip a coin to see which one plays each week becuase neither are good enough, but I feel Wisdom's more defensive approach maybe more suitable for Saturday. 

27 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I was not asking for Wisdom to play today  as he has played very poorly this season and has seemed to have lost pace and confidence,  however I would probably start Wisdom on Saturday 

@WAGHORNY RAM99 read your post, it is quite  a statement. With that argument I don’t think you can be critisising a team selection ever again ????

6 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

@WAGHORNY RAM99 read your post, it is quite  a statement. With that argument I don’t think you can be critisising a team selection ever again ????

it's like choosing what punishment you would rather accept 50 laps in the freezing cold with nothing but boxers on and the whole school watching? Or an after school  detention every day for a year, neither are desirable but the you have to try and find the lesser of two evils. Wisdom seems the wise choice.

43 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Ok, I’m not looking for an argument on the forum but the above is not really defendable, in my opinion of course.

lots of fans completely wrote off Wisdom.

im guessing from you’re post you might be  one of them. But with all that “lack of pace” -  and “confidence”  - and with” playing poorly” - on top of that to replace bogle with him, really?

2 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Ok, I’m not looking for an argument on the forum but the above is not really defendable, in my opinion of course.

lots of fans completely wrote off Wisdom.

im guessing from you’re post you might be  one of them. But with all that “lack of pace” -  and “confidence”  - and with” playing poorly” - on top of that to replace bogle with him, really?

I was just pointing out that he looks to playing miles worse than a few years ago , becuase he doesn't seems as fast and looks a worse player in general , it's probably a lack of confidence and match sharpness which he might be able to get back with a run in the team. I don't know how he trains so it is hard to say, but if Bogle carries on he might be due a start.

7 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I was just pointing out that he looks to playing miles worse than a few years ago , becuase he doesn't seems as fast and looks a worse player in general , it's probably a lack of confidence and match sharpness which he might be able to get back with a run in the team. I don't know how he trains so it is hard to say, but if Bogle carries on he might be due a start.

Wisdom has never been near the player we had on loan. I don’t think it’s confidence and he’s had enough match time.

you have Bogle or Wisdom.

Bogle being a potential great player or Wisdom that is as good as it gets, to be honest @WAGHORNY RAM99 we are both frustrated about the same things, it’s how we move forward next season COYR!!

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

He’s a million miles away from

the Liverpool first team probably needs at least another loan next season

He's got a great left foot, something that will never leave him, he doesn't have much else though. He's always lacked in his all round game, but at the moment he'd give Conor Doyle and Ruben Zadkovich a run for their money. He's been our worst player through February and it hasn't been close. 

The fact Forsyth has double the assists this season speaks volumes. He's miles away from being at Tom Ince's level, never mind what it needs to be to play for Liverpool. 

Just back in. Went on the Roadrider today. First time ever. Not sure I'd use it on a longer trip but for a local game it was great. For those of you that have to suffer the A52 and Pride Park roadworks with regularity you have my very sincere commiserations. God knows what they must be like at rush hour.

And to the match. First time I've been there for many a year. I've decided I loathe the place and the people - there's just something about the whole set up that gets under my skin. Don't feel quite like that about any other club with the possible exception of Millwall, but there you go.

It doesn't help that we lost to a useless goal that Bogle should probably have cleared better and Kelle caught before it got to the mask man. Two youngsters getting caught out very early in the game. Waghorn should have scored and thereafter we dominated without being overly dominating, they were pretty average but didn't allow us any more clearcut chances (and nor did we allow them any). We've had a problem for several seasons with teams that strangle us, make space in short supply, unless we score first and get on top. Oh to have Georgi back. 

I don't think we deserved to lose nor, probably, to win despite all the possession. Keogh was excellent, so too Bradley when he came on; Duane Holmes got better as the game went on; Cole did well. In truth there's not too much wrong that a win and a goal or two wouldn't put right. I doubt that's going to come at Villa Park so the three home matches that follow will be more than important. 

And a word for Frank. Some good substitutions at good times. Not much wrong with the tactics either. And the players. Gave their all - a gutsy, hard working and passionate performance. They, and we, need a bit of the rub of the green, a bit more courage on the ball and a bit more accuracy with the crossing. It'll come. Well done for thanking the fans at the end.

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

Just back in. Went on the Roadrider today. First time ever. Not sure I'd use it on a longer trip but for a local game it was great. For those of you that have to suffer the A52 and Pride Park roadworks with regularity you have my very sincere commiserations. God knows what they must be like at rush hour.

And to the match. First time I've been there for many a year. I've decided I loathe the place and the people - there's just something about the whole set up that gets under my skin. Don't feel quite like that about any other club with the possible exception of Millwall, but there you go.

It doesn't help that we lost to a useless goal that Bogle should probably have cleared better and Kelle caught before it got to the mask man. Two youngsters getting caught out very early in the game. 

Roos is 26 , not really a kid?!

I felt sorry for Holmes last night.

He was the only player who took the ball and advanced with intent. Trouble is, everyone else just stood and watched, thinking 'ooh, I wonder what Duane is going to do?'

He needs a foil. Someone prepared to take the ball from him and lay it off first time. We have lost that from our play.

The whole team looks like it had been told they can't play. The safety first passing gets embarrassing.

As a result of Sky moving the game to Monday night I had to settle for Watching the game on TV in a dreadful ‘Irish’ bar in Prague (only the second time I’ve missed this fixture at the City Ground since 1971). 

I didn’t think we played that badly apart from a lack of cutting edge up front. I thought Holmes had a great game in midfield, his movement between the lines and his willingness to offer himself for the ball from defence was excellent and something that we’d been sorely missing in the Brighton and Millwall games. We are also missing Mason Mount to link the midfield and attack. We were the better footballing side on the night and I’d much rather watch the style of play that Lampard is trying to achieve than the ‘anti football’ that O’Neill has set Forest up to play. They’re just a modern day version of his ‘pub side with floodlights’ Leicester team from back in the Dark Ages.

Archived