O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

is crying out for a decent target man who can hold it up and bring others into play or draw a foul.

Absolutely. 4-3-3 under Mac was completely effective because of having a target man who could bring the midfielders and wingers into play. Currently, our strikers couldn't trap a ball to save their lives or bring anyone into play.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting a few people concerned Marriott isn’t performing. Can you remember the last time a decent ball was played into him? 

We haven’t become a bad team overnight. We’re struggling with confidence which shows when we get to the final third and the clinical cutting balls through are being replaced by lacklustre floated crosses that don’t find anyone 

40 minutes ago, Anon said:

I can't be bothered to write anything negative because I'd be up all night and the "f" key would get worn out, so I'll focus on something positive.

Duane Holmes is a lovely little player. Puts himself about, doesn't shirk his challenges, drops short to receive to feet and turns in possession to get us moving the right way. He can pick a through ball and never lets his head drop. He could be a very important player for us next season.

Mostly disappeared in the 2nd half. Talking up a okay player. Though I prefer his attitude to some.

5 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

If you cant defend for poo at 18 you are hardly going to become a top defender , he may become decent but I would like to see us sign a new right back instead of waiting about 4 years for him to be up to standard defensively.

Wisdom must be playing in clown shoes in training to not be getting a game .  Feel a bit sorry for him - he came in for two games and did well.   Not seen again for 8 matches.  

2 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

If you cant defend for poo at 18 you are hardly going to become a top defender , he may be come decent but I would like to see us sing a new right back instead of waiting about 4 years for him to be up to standard defensively.

Ok. Can’t defend for poo At 18 Etc etc is a bit short sighted 

when we have players that can’t do their jobs with years of experience. Bogle isn’t the reason our team isn’t working together.

We don't have a midfield.

We've got a few who can sit deep and screen the back four, but further forward we've got a load of number 10's forced into the 8 position.

King can't be Hudds replacement, we've already got Evans for that, but Wilson Mount etc are forwards masquerading as midfielders, even Holmes fits that description to certain extent.

I'd imagine the plan was for Holmes and Evans to have a watching/back up brief this season, ready to push on next year, Holmes is probably ahead of schedule in that regard, Evans slightly behind.

Take the goals out of Wilson and there's nothing there, no creativity, no physical presence and certainly no right foot, he doesn't even look comfortable standing on it, never mind using it!

3 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Ok. Can’t defend for poo At 18 Etc etc is a bit short sighted 

when we have players that can’t do their jobs with years of experience. Bogle isn’t the reason our team isn’t working together.

I am not blaming it all on him as half the team aren't good enough, but I feel if we are to be serious challengers next season we have to sign a right back who can actually defend.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Absolutely. 4-3-3 under Mac was completely effective because of having a target man who could bring the midfielders and wingers into play. Currently, our strikers couldn't trap a ball to save their lives or bring anyone into play.

I mentioned Madine as a possible target in January for this reason.  Marriott is strong and can turn a defender but will get nothing with the appallingly bad balls humped straight down his throat .

Regarding midfielders being brought in to play - i'm afraid we just don't have them .  Huddlestone was pedestrian at 17 ,nowadays it's like watching the opening credits to one foot in the grave

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Agree. It looked like one of those 0-0 local derby stalemates except we gave them a goal start. 

You’re right but Millwall was similar though, except we gave them a goal too.

The quality of opposition last few games bar Hull has been poor, we have just gifted them points though because of defensive lapses and our general play going forward. 

Wish I could think of more positives, sadly can’t right now.

Archived