O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

Just now, Seaside Ram said:

Depressing ain't it ?

The depressing part is that we bring good players in and either put them out of position or bring good players in and try to play in a way that their not used to.

Im critical of certain players as we are all guilty of doing, but it’s a square peg in a round hole with this season and I might be being harsh in certain players 

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About make the journey back down the A52, and I'll use the journey to gather my thoughts a bit better before giving my opinion on the game itself... but one thing I will say, and I'm just being honest... the atmosphere tonight was unbelievable, rarely have I experienced electricity like that in a football stadium before. 

Well goodnight everyone, I am so upset losing to them lot I have nothing to say, and I will not sit on here slagging everyone off, losing to Forest hurts to much for me, so a couple more cans then off to bed. But we will have the last laugh over the scum down the road. Keogh star man again, and it hurts him to lose against the dogs as it does to us, wish all our players had his attitude and heart every game.

We need to navigate our way out of this. Somehow, we need to just get back on it. Lampard was all about work in his interview, but the play didn't need the players to just work harder, they needed to have a plan, they needed to have ideas they needed courage - yes, they could probably do with being a yard sharper all round, but it's the lack of fluidity that is killing us, players not having the same idea at the same time, balls played where they think the run should be not where the run is actually being made, telegraphing intentions for easy interceptions....it needs some better guidance from the manager.

This time last year, we were as bad as this and we worked our way out of it and got into the play offs and went out to the play off winners.

This feels like the first proper low point of the season, and the first time a sticky patch has hung around. Stay together and we'll get through it.

1 minute ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Holmes, Marriott, keogh, Waghorn- can all be key next season to be honest. I think this season has exposed our weaknesses, and has put us in good stead for next season. 

Waghorn has been anonymous on the wing but decent up top. Need to decide who our first choice striker is, him or Marriott....

6 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Well goodnight everyone, I am so upset losing to them lot I have nothing to say, and I will not sit on here slagging everyone off, losing to Forest hurts to much for me, so a couple more cans then off to bed. But we will have the last laugh over the scum down the road. Keogh star man again, and it hurts him to lose against the dogs as it does to us, wish all our players had his attitude and heart every game.

Spot on. Yet some still call him. Had more passion and desire than most, genuinely could have been worse without him tonight.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Waghorn has been anonymous on the wing but decent up top. Need to decide who our first choice striker is, him or Marriott....

Hard to call as waghorn just isn't being played to his strengths at all....Frank needs to build the team around him if it's going to work.

Marriott's the poacher but doesn't seem to bring in the rest of the squad into play....but he has been the more successful player under Frank.

Neither have been prolific tho which is worrying.

1 minute ago, goldstar said:

Of course it's appropriate. Other managers never got this far without being asked, why is Lampard any different? 

Of course it isn't. We're playing like relegation contenders just now but, we're still 7th (not for much longer I suspect). It's his first ever season as a manager, Mel has been criticised for being too trigger happy in the past and I suspect he will give Frank at least another transfer window.

Also, what purpose would asking the question serve? 

Why not ask more pertinent questions like, what would you put the fall off in performance that we've seen for a month or so down to? What do you think you can change for Saturday? What has happened to our high press game? I doubt we'd get anything remotely useful in terms of answers but they might be better questions that asking one about his job security. 

So, do you think he should be sacked?

5 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

He can't defend properly, we definately need to look at bringing in a new right back in the summer unless he improves his defensive game drastically.

It is a big ask for an 18 year old, and as one he’s done well. He makes mistakes, he did tonight, but what do you expect? A world class RB at 18?? 

We have the team ffp let us have this season and as much as bogles mistakes have made me cringe, I would want to hold on to him for the future. Imagine at 23 or 24 with those years behind him 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Of course it isn't. We're playing like relegation contenders just now but, we're still 7th (not for much longer I suspect). It's his first ever season as a manager, Mel has been criticised for being too trigger happy in the past and I suspect he will give Frank at least another transfer window.

Also, what purpose would asking the question serve? 

Why not ask more pertinent questions like, what would you put the fall off in performance that we've seen for a month or so down to? What do you think you can change for Saturday? What has happened to our high press game? I doubt we'd get anything remotely useful in terms of answers but they might be better questions that asking one about his job security. 

So, do you think he should be sacked?

Just because Mel has been criticised in the past for being trigger happy doesn't protect Lampard from tough questions.

I've already said no I don't think he should be sacked.

Perhaps asking would give us an insight as to what's going on by his answer as things are currently looking very murky and something is not quite right.

This forum is for opinions, repeatedly asking me if I think he should be sacked and being argumentative won't change my views. You're allowed yours, I'm allowed mine

Slightly improved performance.

Unlike some others i thought we improved without Huddlestone. He gave away a daft free kick which cost us. And generally his play is far too safe and too pedestrian. No point sitting on the bench bitching Tom, you need to start producing some star quality. Frankly i don't think its there to be had. Bradders gave the ball away a couple of times, but no more than tom, and we were more focussed on going forwards without huddz. Holmes did ok.  I thought we were quite good in possession with one notable problem. Absolutely no threat. 

Interesting conundrum for frank.

i think the mistake we made this season was thinking that its possible to build a promotion team from championship signings. The championship is very even, and there are very few premier league standard players scattered across the league. Furthermore championship players cost too much. We've repeated a bit of what harry Redknapp tried at birmingham by paying £5m for waggers, and £3m for jozefzoon. These championship players are not good value and maybe not good enough. its not possible to build a winning team from those type of signings. You either run out of dosh, or fall foul of ffp - as birmingham did. Huddersfield and Norwich both found a source of better value, good quality players.

Thats what we have to do. 

In my opinion Bogle was at fault for the goal. As a defender if you can’t or aren’t certain you can get a good clearing head on a ball like that you take the safety first option and put it behind for a corner. Then regroup and deal with the next ball. You don’t have to be experienced to know that, just switched on. 

7 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

It is a big ask for an 18 year old, and as one he’s done well. He makes mistakes, he did tonight, but what do you expect? A world class RB at 18?? 

We have the team ffp let us have this season and as much as bogles mistakes have made me cringe, I would want to hold on to him for the future. Imagine at 23 or 24 with those years behind him 

If you cant defend for poo at 18 you are hardly going to become a top defender , he may become decent but I would like to see us sign a new right back instead of waiting about 4 years for him to be up to standard defensively.

37 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Ask any Hull fan what they think of Martin...He is not good enough any more.  He is not the answer to the current form dip.  

He’s probably not the answer, he was but a series of bad loans have ruined him I suspect. However, our reluctant lumping the ball, when nothing else is happening, is crying out for a decent target man who can hold it up and bring others into play or draw a foul.

Forest fans hated Martin because he suckered them and was effective, they don’t have any reason to hate our current forwards because we were largely too easy to play against.

Archived