O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

The time has come for me to step forward into the match thread breach. This game against the gumps arrives at the perfect time for us. We need a moment, or a match, to kickstart our season and the final playoff push. Lady luck smiles and finally casts her gaze down onto the Rams. How we have missed her. But she has scheduled this game for us just when we needed it most. Not just a game. A DERBY.

The time has come for the players to stand up and be counted.

This is the match when, if we truly want to be promoted, we take all our frustrations out on our neighbours, show them the joyous football we were playing earlier in the campaign and brush them aside as the inconsequential also-rans and wannabees that they'll always be.

This is the game when the season turns. When we begin the march up the table that ends with victory at Wembley Stadium on a glorious 27th May Bank Holiday afternoon.

Are you with me? As fans do we keep the faith? Do we stand by our team? Do we sing with one voice? This is not a game for the faint-hearted. For those fickle enough to cry "meltdown" and turn on the team they claim to love. No! This is the game when if being a supporter means anything we start to believe again. When fans and team and management and owners are united as one, for only when we are together, shall we prevail.

Together, we can win this. Together, we are Derby. Together, the gumps will look upon us and be sore afraid. And we shall taste their fear and find it to our liking. Oh yes indeed.

Come on you Rams!

PS What do you guys think?

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Can we bring Nigel back for this one?! 

He had this tie nailed even in our darkest times. He just got it. 

As much as I like that game surely any video against them lot has to be the legendary 10 men? I watch it every time before we play them, it’s lrobably my favourite ever game.

4 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

As much as I like that game surely any video against them lot has to be the legendary 10 men? I watch it every time before we play them, it’s lrobably my favourite ever game.

Absolutely. 

Wasn't a massive fan of Nige's outlook on football but he'll always hold a dear place in my heart for the calls of play on when Forest's player was down badly injured. Shithousery at it's finest. Gareth Roberts to Jamie Ward and the rest is history. 

Archived