O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

I just watched the game in an Irish pub in New Orleans with my native mates.

"I thought you said this was the biggest game of your season. Why aren't they trying?"

I replied by ordering another double whisky.

I really like Frank, and I want to see him given time. I like a lot of things at Derby atm.

But currently, the lack of apparent effort from basically every player, in every game, is really pissing me off. 

Not even the performances. Bad form happens. But where's the ducking effort? 

Players can't pass, can't control the ball, can't find space, can't cover for each other. With their current performances, every single player would be facing calls to be dropped from a League 2 side. 

They're ducking professionals.

Frank and his team need to QUICKLY learn how to motivate this group.

And these players need to QUICKLY remember how to play football.

Mason Mounts return is surely not going to affect any players ability to do the fundamentals.

We are way beyond poor system choice here.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Come away from that feeling less dissapointed than I did vs Millwall, however 

Very disappointing goalkeeping for the goal, thankfully Carson is back fit

Subsitutions were very confusing, Wilson was looking threatening 

Nothing could be as bad as Millwall. 

Yes, he should have come out, but have you ever seen Carson come off his line? 

Pity. Wilson wasn't on for that Waghorne free kick. 

1 minute ago, superzak said:

I dont go with the lampard hype....brilliant players very really make good managers. At the end of this season all deadwood is out of contract...so a perfect opportunity for frank to return to his beloved chelsea and for us to start afresh on all levels.

i very really believe you

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

The annoying thing is, we played alright tonight.

A big part of that was down to the fact that we conceded after 90 seconds, automatically forcing us onto the front foot. We played okay but we just didn’t create any clear cut chances.

I don’t care if people disagree; we need to build this team around Duane Holmes next season. He’s our best on-the-ball player by far and we should be going into next season with him in the heart of midfield. 

If we find another one or two on the cheap like him then we’ll be alright.

I agree it wasn't so bad tonight, neither side was good, but they got the break and we didn't.

Holmes again a bright spark, easily our best player apart from Tomori and Keogh, we're just a wee bit poo in comparison to the top teams.

It is a bit unfair to single any particular player out for that piss poor display, but Johnson was absolute poo and I hope he never plays for us again and I also think Waghorn is crap as a winger, and should either be played upfront or not at all, he turns like a tank and is not nimble enough or fast enough to be a good winger. Also , I think we have gone backwards from last season with the loan signings and Marriott's goal poaching ability the only things saving us from being a completely poo lower midtable team. I really hope Lampard addresses the midfield and brings in some quality in there , as he should have addressed it in the summer but wasted funds by buying too many attacking players instead, and that is why we have had another failure of a season.

25 minutes ago, goldstar said:

I didn't say he should but it's a question that should be asked

It's not a question that should be asked. First of all, you're probably not going to get an honest answer and secondly it's not appropriate. There is surely zero chance of him being sacked, despite the poor performances for the last month or so. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

It's not a question that should be asked. First of all, you're probably not going to get an honest answer and secondly it's not appropriate. There is surely zero chance of him being sacked, despite the poor performances for the last month or so. 

Of course it's appropriate. Other managers never got this far without being asked, why is Lampard any different? 

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Time to take Bogle out the team as well.

I've been saying for weeks that we should keep him in. But he's not doing well enough now. 

Infact both of the last 2 goals we have conceded were his fault.

He can't defend properly, we definately need to look at bringing in a new right back in the summer unless he improves his defensive game drastically.

12 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

The annoying thing is, we played alright tonight.

A big part of that was down to the fact that we conceded after 90 seconds, automatically forcing us onto the front foot. We played okay but we just didn’t create any clear cut chances.

I don’t care if people disagree; we need to build this team around Duane Holmes next season. He’s our best on-the-ball player by far and we should be going into next season with him in the heart of midfield. 

If we find another one or two on the cheap like him then we’ll be alright.

Holmes, Marriott, keogh, Waghorn- can all be key next season to be honest. I think this season has exposed our weaknesses, and has put us in good stead for next season. 

What with the talk about FL building his own team, what’s the situation with the summer transfer window and FFP?

Are we still in the position of having to raise funds before we can spend, or are things meant to be a little better given the amount of wages were freeing up from out of contract high earners?

It’s all well and good beating Man Utd in the cup, but Lampard’s record against our rivals this season has been utter rubbish. 

Beaten twice by Leeds. One a proper thrashing. A solitary point against Forest.

We should be fired up for these games! The fans are - why aren’t the players? Something clearly up behind the scenes when we play like that against our bitter rivals...

Archived