O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful. Absolutely awful. No imagination, no movement from the front 4. Too many liabilities around the pitch. 

Don’t like to single players out but Bogel needs benching. Huddlestone deserved to come off. 

Someone asked if it was time for Johnson, well you got his repitoir. A few good passes. Missed control, passing a few 5 yard passes to the team in red, fouls galore, and a few skied shots. 

A nothing match with few chances but theirs gifted them again by Bogel. Yes he’s young, but his inability to head a ball is ridiculous. Also his positionsing, crossing and tackling. 

I could go on but it’s getting depressing now. 

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

I agree - something isnt quite right. The players don't look like they are playing for Lampard. 

Bit of a pattern forming...

1 minute ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Is it just me or are we playing the exact same way we played in the first half against Reading on opening day? No development throughout the season it seems, except a slightly good run in November. 

Playing ourselves into trouble from the back time and time again,

Very few players making themselves available for forward passes through the lines,

Gifting possession away far too casually for professional footballers,

...yeah, it seems there are some parallels with that pretty dire game, and we even somehow managed to win that one.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I wonder if Lampard might be thinking now he'd have rather kept CamJam or Martin at the club over Nugent. Say what you want about the pair of them but they're big and it would give us something to aim at when teams like Forest stick their entire 11 plus the entire bench along with the coaching staff in the penalty area. I understand wanting to play football 'the right way' but you need a plan B for situations like this.

With regards to today we need Mount back as soon as possible and I'd like for the Holmes as a CM experiment to end, it's just not working at all.

This team has been toxic for a while in which players dont look interested fair play to clough when he was manager the players wanted to play for derby and gave everything just shame he couldn't take us to the next level in which he got us on the platform of playing good football and 13 14 was mainly his team and already played the decent football that maclaren tweaked but just dont see one player giving any passion fight or heart apart from possibly keogh what happened to playing for your shirt 

Archived