Watchable telly

dog

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Does every fire stick come with stuff on that isn't available elsewhere, or do you have a special one? IOW, wtf is going on??

Normal firestick but its the software you need to add (so I'm told 😉)

On 29/12/2023 at 11:04, Bob The Badger said:

What did you think?

We're 6 episodes in, and I think it's effing brilliant.

Other than finally finding The Sopranos, It may be the best thing I've watched all year.

If you liked Kin , check out Love/Hate on ITVX , it`s a Dublin set drama about the same world , but a lot grittier , starts slow but just gets better and better , a bit like our performance at Oxford !

Started watching the first season of Traitor last night.

I can definitely see why it may become compulsive, especially for Mrs Badger.

I'm a bit surprised at how thick they all are or how little they seem to know about human psychology - wouldn't you try to learn if you were coming on a show like this?

The last thing a traitor would do is be quiet. They would be leading the conversations, which appears to be exactly what the three traitors are doing. Having said that, I suppose editing may deliberately mislead the viewer.

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Started watching the first season of Traitor last night.

I can definitely see why it may become compulsive, especially for Mrs Badger.

I'm a bit surprised at how thick they all are or how little they seem to know about human psychology - wouldn't you try to learn if you were coming on a show like this?

The last thing a traitor would do is be quiet. They would be leading the conversations, which appears to be exactly what the three traitors are doing. Having said that, I suppose editing may deliberately mislead the viewer.

I’m not sure. Wouldn’t a traitor want to try and keep a low profile and not stand out/attract attention? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I watched it for the very first time last night and, whilst I can see the appeal, it wasn’t really for me.

On 04/01/2024 at 11:54, Wolfie said:

After only catching bits here & there of the first series, I've decided to watch this one properly - starting last night with S2 Ep1.

I fast-forwarded through the challenge bit, though, and can't for the life of me work out why they exist. After all, it's in everyone's interest to bump up the prize fund (not as if the traitors have to try and make them fail).

Well after 2 episodes I'm thinking Traitors isn't for me.

Too many annoying personalities (especially Diane & Paul - who was recently also on Deal-or-no-Deal, apparently). Also all the annoying tension building BS. Plus of course the pointless challenges.

Nah.

Its definitely more a Mrs Chester programme than mine...but she has seen all the recent hype and wanted to watch. 

I reminded her that we watched maybe 10mins twice during last season and thought it looked rubbish.

Unperturbed she pushed on, and we watched 5mins of it this week and promptly agreed it still looked cheap and rubbish.

Only thing I could compare it to, was like watching 'Deal or No Deal' maybe.

Lots of aimless, over excited chat from people I didn't care about, regarding a really basic childish game.

Obviously I'm missing a lot, but it wasn't interesting me at all.

Edited by Chester40

I pay to watch professional entertainers not members of the public.

You can stick your reality TV where the sun don’t shine as far as I’m concerned.

So many programmes now where adults have to be beastly to each other in the name of entertainment. And as a nation we lap it up!

No wonder standards of behaviour are so poor in schools and in the workplace.

6435353B-6D9B-451D-810D-9D4E2882E12B.jpeg

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

You can stick your reality TV where the sun don’t shine as far as I’m concerned.

So many programmes now where adults have to be beastly to each other in the name of entertainment. And as a nation we lap it up!

6435353B-6D9B-451D-810D-9D4E2882E12B.jpeg

Couldn't agree more. Hate reality TV. Manufactured tripe by producers psychologically profiling people to ensure you get a group of self-centred, opinionated people who never get passed the storming phase of storming, forming, norming, performing then chucking it out in the name of entertainment. Think Big Brother, Love Island, TOWIE or any of the reality dross MTV produces. Give me Sopranos, Peaky Blinders, Gangs of London, Taboo etc any day of the week.

13 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Couldn't agree more. Hate reality TV. Manufactured tripe by producers psychologically profiling people to ensure you get a group of self-centred, opinionated people who never get passed the storming phase of storming, forming, norming, performing then chucking it out in the name of entertainment. Think Big Brother, Love Island, TOWIE or any of the reality dross MTV produces. Give me Sopranos, Peaky Blinders, Gangs of London, Taboo etc any day of the week.

Thing is - that very first series of Big Brother was astonishing, ground-breaking stuff - we'd never seen anything like it and it was captivating. But from that moment on, reality TV became self-aware and the magic was gone. All just scripted/guided performative crap by people craving careers in showbiz.

The Traitors is not much more than a party game, and as my youngest lad pointed out - there has been an online video game called Among Us since 2018 that is pretty much the same but you can actually play it in real life with strangers if you're into that sort of thing

5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

So many programmes now where adults have to be beastly to each other in the name of entertainment. And as a nation SOME lap it up!

FIFY 👍 

31 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I recall that The Tourist was quite an enjoyable romp. Well The Tourist (2) is a complete pile of festering w***.

Agreed. Watched the first series and was reasonably impressed but after 20 minutes gave up and won't be going back to it, couldn't decide whether they were trying to jntroduce an element of comedy into it - if so, it failed miserably.

On 04/01/2024 at 22:13, Premier ram said:

Mr Bates vs Post Office powerful stuff, shocking subject

5 hours ago, Phoenix said:

It defies belief. There are post office employees who should go to prison fpor some of this stuff.

And how can a judge sack himself?

Read about this scandal many years ago in Private Eye. Absolutely disgusting behaviour from the people involved. Senior managers of the software company, senior managers of the post office and senior members of the government were all happy to destroy working peoples lives rather than admit summatt was wrong.

"Hello dear, how's your day been?".

"Oh, you know, i managed to feck someones life up to protect my bonus". 

"Marvellous dear, well done".

What sort of people can do this knowing the devastation they are causing?

42 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Read about this scandal many years ago in Private Eye. Absolutely disgusting behaviour from the people involved. Senior managers of the software company, senior managers of the post office and senior members of the government were all happy to destroy working peoples lives rather than admit summatt was wrong.

"Hello dear, how's your day been?".

"Oh, you know, i managed to feck someones life up to protect my bonus". 

"Marvellous dear, well done".

What sort of people can do this knowing the devastation they are causing?

Remember when that team of George Osbornes mates, sorry experts in their field, made their accounting error on it's privatisation of a mere 750 million that they revalued a day later.  Good job they corrected it so promptly, or those shares they bought in  droves on their original valuation wouldn't have pocketed them a few million when they were immediately sold the following day.