Watchable telly

dog

On 03/09/2020 at 10:25, TigerTedd said:

I just finished smashing through leaky blinders (side note: autocorrect changed that to leaky blunders, a fly on the wall documentary about crap plumbers). 

been meaning to watch it for ages based on lots of recommendations. It’s great. But I don’t think I liked the end of the last series. No spoilers, but it kind of broke the formula, and I liked the formula.

is that something to do with it loving to Netflix?

also, just smashed through cobra Kai season with my wife over a couple of nights. We very much enjoyed it. It’s kind of a remake of karate kid, in the same way that the force awakens is a remake of a new hope. Essentially the same plot, the same enough to be nostalgic, but just different enough to be interesting. 

Addictive.  Great till the last couple of episodes where it went a bit silly.  Looking forward to season 3 though.  Is it me or has Daniel Larusso turned into a nob .  Much prefer Johnny Lawrence and his 80's back catalogue keeping it real.

35 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Addictive.  Great till the last couple of episodes where it went a bit silly.  Looking forward to season 3 though.  Is it me or has Daniel Larusso turned into a nob .  Much prefer Johnny Lawrence and his 80's back catalogue keeping it real.

I just really my autocorrect corrected my autocorrect joke to something completely different. And even when I tried to correct my autocorrect it still autocorrected to something different. ducking autocorrect!!

but yes, that’s why I really enjoyed cobra kai, no one is really a bad guy, no one is really a good guy. It’s as morally ambiguous as game of thrones, while still being fun and nostalgic. It’s quite clever really. 

3 hours ago, TimRam said:

Not watched Who wants to be a Millionaire for years. Tuned in earlier in week and with Clarkson as host and format tweak (selectable second 'safety' amount and asking host) I think it's great. There have been some good contestants and very tense moments.

Caught last nights where he won, unbelievable scenes.

Humans passed me by when first broadcast. Couple of episodes into series 2 and it's great.
Binge watched Red Dwarf. Series 7 not a patch on the past ones. Think it did eventually improve though when he returned.

Edited by TimRam

3 hours ago, TimRam said:

Humans passed me by when first broadcast. Couple of episodes into series 2 and it's great.
Binge watched Red Dwarf. Series 7 not a patch on the past ones. Think it did eventually improve though when he returned.

*when Rimmer returned.

13 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Just to remind everyone that the entire reimagined Battlestar Galactica series is available on BBC iPlayer. Don’t let it’s sci-fi leanings put you off, it’s one of the best shows of the past 20 years...

Having last week watched the pilot episode for the third time, I intend to finally jump in and watch the series.

Slightly put off by mixed reviews of the end (I know what happens) but people seem to universally love it until then.

3 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

Having last week watched the pilot episode for the third time, I intend to finally jump in and watch the series.

Slightly put off by mixed reviews of the end (I know what happens) but people seem to universally love it until then.

I have no problem with the final episode. It’s not perfect, and leave a few things open ended, but it closes the series off in fine fashion

22 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Just to remind everyone that the entire reimagined Battlestar Galactica series is available on BBC iPlayer. Don’t let it’s sci-fi leanings put you off, it’s one of the best shows of the past 20 years...ng

Agree with this, nothing like the campy '80s version, deep, spiritual and thought provoking. Gaius Balter is a great character.

If you wanna give anime a go try Cowboy Beebop

On 23/06/2020 at 08:47, Anag Ram said:

New series of The Sinner on Netflix. 

First two series were pretty good and first episode of this one was intriguing enough. 

Bill Pullman excellent as the weary but dogged detective, channelling Columbo a bit and asking all the right questions. 

Just finished the 1st season of that, not sure how it slipped under my radar. Found the penultimate episode genuinely a bit unsettling, which is rare.

16 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Hope the Emmys won by Watchmen will remind anyone who hasn't seen it to get on it. Think it's in my Top 10 of all time. Thrilling.

I'll give it a look thanks - you might enjoy Pennyworth on Amazon which is the back story of Alfred The Butler from Batman. High production values and a good cast. Did mention it briefly earlier in the thread somewhere, think I paid 7.99 for the whole series 1 ten eps

16 hours ago, TimRam said:

'The 7.39' drama with Sheridan Smith is worth watching. Something different to what I'd normally tune into but the first part last night was very good. Second part tonight.

First part was, as you say, good. Second part was hugely predictable and ultimately rather disappointing. Sheridan Smith is a one though, she teeters between looking like she's completely let herself go and scrubbing up quite well indeed depending on the role.