Watchable telly

dog

On 27/10/2020 at 00:27, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Joyous. If their were a TV healing ointment for this grimmest of years it'd be Ted Lasso. Beneath the wonderful goofiness of it all, there's real craft and substance. It won't be for everyone, but I absolutely love it. 

I've heard the trailer during several podcast ad breaks and I think I'd rather drill a hole through my skull than even attempt watching it.

decided to watch my first ever Anime series last night, by accident though. I read the synopsis, and being interested in Greek mythology, pressed play. Hmmm, it took getting used to, it isnt smooth animation like I'm used to on the Disney/Pixar type things, it's more solid background and zoom/move, I felt nauseous for a few minutes.

Anyway, the programme was on Netflix and called Blood of Zeus, it started off really well, but like an action film, the fight scenes in latter episodes kind of ruined it for me.

Craig Forsyth/10 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

finally got around to watching FARGO

About 9 episodes in, absolutely brilliant so far.

Only watched the first season, never got round to anymore after that.

Martin Freeman’s American accent has a lot to answer for! Billy Bob Thornton plays his role brilliantly.

On 03/11/2020 at 17:02, Anag Ram said:

Really enjoying the Undoing on Sky Atlantic.

Hugh Grant and Nicole Kidman as the couple who have it all before it all comes crashing down.

Great stuff!

Hmm. 

Jury back out now. 

Episode three - nothing of significance happens until the last five minutes.

Could be developing into one of those series.... 

7 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Watched the first series of Sneaky Pete. Quite liked it. Is it worth sticking with though? Few episodes into season 2 and not really feeling it.

Did much the same I'm afraid, lost interest so not sure if it picked up. 

I have done exactly the same with Goliath. Liked series 1 but series 2 is much weaker so far....on the verge of pulling the plug. 

15 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Watched the first series of Sneaky Pete. Quite liked it. Is it worth sticking with though? Few episodes into season 2 and not really feeling it.

8 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Did much the same I'm afraid, lost interest so not sure if it picked up. 

I have done exactly the same with Goliath. Liked series 1 but series 2 is much weaker so far....on the verge of pulling the plug. 

Stick with it, it builds up to a clever climax and I thought season 3 was even better.