v Manchester United (a) Match tHread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Ramathorn said:

I thought that too. They both opened by saying “we know we’re a good team” which could have been considered bordering on cocky, but perhaps it’s just a case of self belief and confidence being instilled by the manager which you need in order to believe you can succeed... probably even something he picked up from his opposite number tonight when playing under him at Chelsea.

Absolutely, but it's not only confidence in themselves that came across, but they seem confident as a group. They believe they can play good football regardless of the opposition.  That's so welcome and refreshing to hear as a Derby fan, given that or last manager seemed to instill a fear of the opposition into his teams....and cautioned against creative play.  Interesting before the match too, that Keogh said how much has changed now that Lampard is in charge. Judging by the performance tonight, he is not wrong.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, rynny said:

Always one trying to spoil someone's enjoyment. 

He's just pissy because he thinks you set out to make him look a tit, which you didn't. Frankly, he needs no help in that department anyway. Forget about it. It's been a great night and you shouldn't let him in any way affect that ? COYR 

Still buzzin', first time I've recorded a match on Sky that i can put a K for Keep against,  ever.. Not only that,  we've got a perfectly comfortable sofa here,  but i stood all match pacing the lounge, kicking every ball, loved it,  absolutely loved it,  You Rams!!!

If you compare this performance with the performance last season against United it’s like chalk and cheese.....last season was a gutless performance but tonight I was proud of how well we played and showed great skill,effort,passion and character to come back from that early goal ....on sat it was noticed how the subs all ran and joined in the celebrations and tonight there was a real togetherness.

last season was dull and this season is a joy to watch , we will have ups and downs along the way but one thing is for sure , we should all remember what direction Frank is trying to take us in and get behind this group through thick and thin because they deserve our support  in good times and bad because there is clearly a lot of work being done on the training pitch .....fantastic to a man tonight Temori,Wilson and Mount were class and Bradley and Craig Bryson had really good games to pick a few out .....this just feels so good to be a rams fan.....well done everyone ??????????

I must admit I love Manchester for it's music. And I love Manchester for Phil Jones. I thought our Richie would be the man to twist our melons man at them penalty kicks but I said to my fellow Ram's man in the boozer they have Phil Jones and if anyone's going to make everyone on this football forum look like a professional footballer it's Phil Jones! How the ell does he get a game for the Manx and England?.........As Mad Cyril says...."We win together".....Enjoy!

Boys. Boys boys boys. And girls I suppose.

I live in Deansgate Manchester. I've been home about an hour and a half. I've got work in the morning but I'm drinking fine whisky. I haven't brought myself to come on here until now. I'm still shaking. I'm going through every single tweet about the game and liking, retweeting, savouring it all.

To a man every single player on that pitch today can be proud of themselves. The backroom staff and the fans too. And Lampard is an absolute genius.

I don't care who got man of the match today. I don't care whether we won on pens, conceded late, whatever. 14 heroes played today. Derby County dominated Manchester United (at times). I never ever thought I'd say that. The way we were pulling them out of position with 10 men, playing with width to drag them out, and when we were playing against 11 the little triangles in midfield were a pleasure to watch. There were backheels, flicks, through balls, chants of olé from the away fans.

Our very own Bogle held his own - especially in the second half - against Martial. Bennett had England left back Ashley Young on toast a few times. Keogh and Tomori looked so assured at the back (one moment aside). And how lucky are we to have Mount in our team. Mount and Lingard. Tell me which looked like the England World Cup midfielder today. A team of heroes. That's not to mention the best free kick I have ever seen live.

If we'd have lost that game I'd have been proud. Proud but disappointed, knowing that on another day we could have got a result. Well that day was today. I was there when Barnes scored twice and we lost 4-2. I was there when we "gave them a good game" but lost 2-0 with 30% possession earlier this year. Both times we thought, "hey, we did well, I'm proud". This time though was different from start to finish. It would have been an injustice if we'd have lost. I'm on top of the moon.

And I can't wait for work in the morning ?

Been to a gig in Birmingham tonight so I missed the game but was checking the score between acts. When I saw them go 1 up in the first few minutes I feared the worst, but from what I hear and from watching the highlights it's apparent we fully deserved the victory.

Walking out of the venue my friend told me we had just won on penalties and I shouted "COME ON YOU RAMS," to which two grateful City fans behind me replied with many hearty congratulations.

Fantastic night. And lovely to see the Forest fans foaming at the mouth. That's how you beat a real premier league team, not one of their Arsenal/Newcastle third string team borlocks.

COYR

25 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Boys. Boys boys boys. And girls I suppose.

I live in Deansgate Manchester. I've been home about an hour and a half. I've got work in the morning but I'm drinking fine whisky. I haven't brought myself to come on here until now. I'm still shaking. I'm going through every single tweet about the game and liking, retweeting, savouring it all.

To a man every single player on that pitch today can be proud of themselves. The backroom staff and the fans too. And Lampard is an absolute genius.

I don't care who got man of the match today. I don't care whether we won on pens, conceded late, whatever. 14 heroes played today. Derby County dominated Manchester United (at times). I never ever thought I'd say that. The way we were pulling them out of position with 10 men, playing with width to drag them out, and when we were playing against 11 the little triangles in midfield were a pleasure to watch. There were backheels, flicks, through balls, chants of olé from the away fans.

Our very own Bogle held his own - especially in the second half - against Martial. Bennett had England left back Ashley Young on toast a few times. Keogh and Tomori looked so assured at the back (one moment aside). And how lucky are we to have Mount in our team. Mount and Lingard. Tell me which looked like the England World Cup midfielder today. A team of heroes. That's not to mention the best free kick I have ever seen live.

If we'd have lost that game I'd have been proud. Proud but disappointed, knowing that on another day we could have got a result. Well that day was today. I was there when Barnes scored twice and we lost 4-2. I was there when we "gave them a good game" but lost 2-0 with 30% possession earlier this year. Both times we thought, "hey, we did well, I'm proud". This time though was different from start to finish. It would have been an injustice if we'd have lost. I'm on top of the moon.

And I can't wait for work in the morning ?

Wonderful.simply wonderful

A night to never forget

As I sit watching blue Monday by new order, on you tube ,grinning like a loon....

50 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Absolutely, but it's not only confidence in themselves that came across, but they seem confident as a group. They believe they can play good football regardless of the opposition.  That's so welcome and refreshing to hear as a Derby fan, given that or last manager seemed to instill a fear of the opposition into his teams....and cautioned against creative play.  Interesting before the match too, that Keogh said how much has changed now that Lampard is in charge. Judging by the performance tonight, he is not wrong.

The group ethos, assurance and belief really showed through didn't it? Took it in their strides and didn't seem surprised that they'd just gone toe to toe with Man Utd at Old Trafford, were unlucky not to win in regular time, but held our nerve and showed incredible quality to take it in the shootout,

And you just know that the hard work will start again tomorrow or Thursday and Frank will keep banging on about intensity. I am falling in love with our intense brand of football.

38 minutes ago, Saity said:

If you compare this performance with the performance last season against United it’s like chalk and cheese.....last season was a gutless performance

I don't think thats true. We played quite well last season. What knackered us was the failure to go for it in the last 15 mins. Instead growett brought jamie hansen on as sub?

yes really. 

And the game drifted away from us.

What a night. What a result. What a club.

Lampard is doing something amazing with this side and I love that he's managed to get it to click so quickly. One of the best team performances I've ever seen from a Derby County side. I don't know if we'll go up this year but Lamps and Morris have brought back positivity around the club that hasn't been here since Mac 1. 

Love everything about this club at the minute and bringing Frank in this summer was a stroke of genius by Mel

Archived