v Manchester United (a) Match tHread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Gil said:

Does Lawrence get back into the team after these last two performances? I don't want to scapegoat anyone after last night but the team looks more fluid & cohesive without his individualism. I like him but he gives the ball away a lot & always looks for the shot before the pass.

You can also tell Mason's been almost TOO desperate to score these past couple of games so he can retain his place in the team.

Still think Lawrence gets in our best 11 as he is more of a goal threat than Bennett but it’s nice to have options.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

I think Bennett will drop to the bench for Saturday and Jozefzoon will start.

Bennett is so desperate to score that he is shooting when he could have passed to someone else.

Last night Wilson was completely unmarked when he Bennett got in behind the Utd defence, as well as last Saturday when Tomori broke from defence into the Brentford penalty area and all Bennett needed to do when give the one-two pass and Derby would have been 4-1 up, yet he had a shot which went yards over the bar.

There's no doubt he's playing well but his head does drop, especially if anther player has a go at him.

Bennett had every right to shoot last night. I would be more concerned with a striker that doesn't shoot from there. Not sure how Wilson can complain after he missed on Saturday when he could have squared it, and again last night when their keeper touched it just round the post, he could have squared it (see it is ridiculous to moan that a player has had a shot from a decent position) 

1 minute ago, mozza said:

Seems odd waiting 'til saturday, any idea what time/channel.? 

When is the EFL Cup draw?

The draw takes place from 9pm on Saturday, September 29, during the EFL highlights show on Quest.

How can I follow the draw?

The draw will be televised live on Quest, which you find on Freeview channel 37, Freesat channel 167, Sky channel 144, Virgin channel 172 and BT TV channel 37.

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 13:41, OohMartWright said:

An interesting call indeed. Am I the only one (apart from B4!) who genuinely believes we can get through this tie?

I refer all of you honourable ladies and gentlemen to my earlier post.

I am now hoarse from the singing and nursing a whisky hangover after our hotel ran out of beer.

A brilliant night to be a Ram.

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Yes. Best angle for sure.

I hadn't spotted before how the ball swerves right before turning left in mid air.  Not wonder the keeper was totally outwitted by it.

Aye that's the defining characteristic of a knuckleball. The effect is replicated in a lot of sports, they all get the same name, which was coined in baseball I believe. Can only imagine how hard it is to hit a zigzagging pitch with a baseball bat ? 

I read a physics paper on them a couple of years ago, it's pretty cool. Quite a complex technique when you get into it, which is why not many footballers do it. Wilson's technique seems far more polished than Lawrence's - but I suppose we don't have a large pool of Wilson's attempts.

7 minutes ago, SuperFrankieL said:

It really is a ridiculous freekick. It looks amazing from every damned angle... The live shot of it had me thinking how the hell has he got the ball moving like that and right into the corner..

Not a patch on Camara's against Leicester. (May he rest in peace)

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Bennett had every right to shoot last night. I would be more concerned with a striker that doesn't shoot from there. Not sure how Wilson can complain after he missed on Saturday when he could have squared it, and again last night when their keeper touched it just round the post, he could have squared it (see it is ridiculous to moan that a player has had a shot from a decent position) 

Bennett didn’t miss the keeper made an excellent save, sure a possible pass to Wilson was there and the rebound could ease lay have found either of them 

actually we created three excellent chances in open play one we scored one was a good save from Bennett and one was an excellent save by grant from jo flo 

Archived