v Manchester United (a) Match tHread

Boycie

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, falconram said:

Just got in and wow that was awesome.

Everything we could have asked for , chatting afterwards to Roy Mac and said to him this could well be the catalyst to something special same as the Clough side which beat Chelsea back in the late 60s in the league cup.

Its a great result but you can't compare this side to the greatest team ever to play for derby.

this side still has four outfield players who are 30 plus, and three loanees. Clough's side lasted for five to seven years.

Didn’t see it but have read all these wonderful posts ... inspiring !

Roll up Roll up be a RAM !

remember folks .. if you are a RAM you get these unique benefits :

1) Lose cannons get turned in to self propelled armoured fighting vehicles 

2) duds score goals

3) your central defender captain hits wining penalties

4) watch red armies trudge defeated before your very eyes

5) boys become men in just a handful of games

and finally .. a free bounce at every game 

COYR 

BRILLIANT flipping brilliant 

29 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

I wonder how Tom Lawerence feels this morning? He must really regret that silly tackle at Rotherham. We look so much more balanced with Bennett instead.  

I was slightly worried for bennett. His head looked to be dropping a bit after verbal volleys from a couple of team mates. He doesn't quite have the self belief that some others have. Frank will have to put an arm around him.

Just caught up on the comments and am feeling even more proud than I did last night if that's possible. £335m of so called world class talent resoundly outplayed and beaten.

As for Moaniho saying in his post match interview that Derby were "playing quite well"...quite well?! I'll take that performance as quite well any day. If, in May next year I get asked  "How did Derby get promotion?" I'll reply "Oh they did it playing quite well". What an absolute ****.

Not only was that great to watch it's great for our confidence and you could see the belief Frank is installing in each player, echoed by both Wilson and Marriott in their interviews. 

Special mention to Keogh. Rode his luck but what a pen. Bogle too. Had a real tough time against Martial but stuck to his guns and would have learned so much. 

Back to reality with Bolton. I'm bouncing....

Just reflecting on last night. I’ve listened to a lot of pundits / reporters saying how good our loan players were, and quite rightly so.  But what really stands out for me is that last night only 3 of the starting 11 were brought in by Frank. All the rest were here last year. There’s no denying that Mount, Wilson and Tomori are seriously classy players and have improved us, but Frank and Jody have taken the rest of the boys up several levels. It’s got to be down to the coaching / tactics because these players were here last season. I’ve never seen Bradley playing like this, he’s looked Prem class over the past few games. Everyone looks confident. Everyone looks happy, even the subs are celebrating like it’s them who’ve scored. I’m loving this and I’d still be saying the same if we’d lost last night. That level of performance is so impressive.

50 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

I wonder how Tom Lawerence feels this morning? He must really regret that silly tackle at Rotherham. We look so much more balanced with Bennett instead.  

Seems a silly comment to make. We don't have to find someone to pick on - especially when Bennett was probably the worst (of a very good bunch) last night.

9 hours ago, 86 points said:

I don't think so tonight. Maybe folk feared he would miss but I'd wager even his greatest critics would have been willing him to score tonight and not hoping they'd get a chance to 'pitchfork' him. It was a great pen too! 

I’d like to think that you’re right. Fabulous penalty, I’m thrilled that he scored after seeing the negative reaction that Phil Jones has received, that could have been Keogh at the end of that criticism. Never criticise a player for taking a penalty as it takes a lot of guts.

Archived