v Manchester United (a) Match tHread

Boycie

43 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Just reflecting on last night. I’ve listened to a lot of pundits / reporters saying how good our loan players were, and quite rightly so.  But what really stands out for me is that last night only 3 of the starting 11 were brought in by Frank. All the rest were here last year. There’s no denying that Mount, Wilson and Tomori are seriously classy players and have improved us, but Frank and Jody have taken the rest of the boys up several levels. It’s got to be down to the coaching / tactics because these players were here last season. I’ve never seen Bradley playing like this, he’s looked Prem class over the past few games. Everyone looks confident. Everyone looks happy, even the subs are celebrating like it’s them who’ve scored. I’m loving this and I’d still be saying the same if we’d lost last night. That level of performance is so impressive.

I was just saying the same thing last night it’s not just the loan players Lamps and Morris have improved our players,Bradley and Bryson look like different players. ???

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Lawrence get back into the team after these last two performances? I don't want to scapegoat anyone after last night but the team looks more fluid & cohesive without his individualism. I like him but he gives the ball away a lot & always looks for the shot before the pass.

You can also tell Mason's been almost TOO desperate to score these past couple of games so he can retain his place in the team.

1 hour ago, Remy the hare said:

I wonder how Tom Lawerence feels this morning? He must really regret that silly tackle at Rotherham. We look so much more balanced with Bennett instead.  

He should feel left out and it should stay that way currently 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I was slightly worried for bennett. His head looked to be dropping a bit after verbal volleys from a couple of team mates. He doesn't quite have the self belief that some others have. Frank will have to put an arm around him.

He needs a goal and nearly got one yesterday 

12 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I was just saying the same thing last night it’s not just the loan players Lamps and Morris have improved our players,Bradley and Bryson look like different players. ???

The same Bryson Rowett sent out on loan to win a promotion to be replaced by a Dutch clogger who couldn’t sign his name correctly and spend £150,000 on him which never happened due to stupidity 

1 minute ago, derbydaz22 said:

I was once told (at my very low level of playing regional youth football) that football is 90% mental and 10% physical. It’s always one of those things that sounds a bit weird, but I fully got what my coach meant. The coaching and the player management of the likes of Forsyth and Johnson have received has took them back to their very best. That management was there under Mclaren, Simpson and Steele and that team performed. There’s a similar air now with Lampard, Morris and Given. It was non existent under Rowett and it made them ‘not good enough’. Reality is all footballers are good enough, its up to managers to coach them correctly.

I think Bennett will drop to the bench for Saturday and Jozefzoon will start.

Bennett is so desperate to score that he is shooting when he could have passed to someone else.

Last night Wilson was completely unmarked when he Bennett got in behind the Utd defence, as well as last Saturday when Tomori broke from defence into the Brentford penalty area and all Bennett needed to do when give the one-two pass and Derby would have been 4-1 up, yet he had a shot which went yards over the bar.

There's no doubt he's playing well but his head does drop, especially if anther player has a go at him.

7 minutes ago, Gil said:

Does Lawrence get back into the team after these last two performances? I don't want to scapegoat anyone after last night but the team looks more fluid & cohesive without his individualism. I like him but he gives the ball away a lot & always looks for the shot before the pass.

You can also tell Mason's been almost TOO desperate to score these past couple of games so he can retain his place in the team.

We are a squad. Frank rules. If Tom Lawrence is picked he gets my 100% support.

7 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

I think Bennett will drop to the bench for Saturday and Jozefzoon will start.

Bennett is so desperate to score that he is shooting when he could have passed to someone else.

Last night Wilson was completely unmarked when he Bennett got in behind the Utd defence, as well as last Saturday when Tomori broke from defence into the Brentford penalty area and all Bennett needed to do when give the one-two pass and Derby would have been 4-1 up, yet he had a shot which went yards over the bar.

There's no doubt he's playing well but his head does drop, especially if anther player has a go at him.

Have to agree. But Bennett is still on a learning curve and I have no doubt this'll be coached into him. Glad Frank's giving him the chance but yeah, Jo'zoon for me on Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Have to agree. But Bennett is still on a learning curve and I have no doubt this'll be coached into him. Glad Frank's giving him the chance but yeah, Jo'zoon for me on Saturday. 

I think Josefzoon and Marriot for Saturday. Marriot should be buzzing and it would be smart to capitalise on that and let him have a start. 

Finally calmed down, gathered my thoughts - 

Unbelievable to think that we went toe to toe with one of the biggest teams in the world, and quite frankly extracted the urine.  The passing before Jozefzoon's header was poetry in motion.  

Every player put an incredible shift in, but Bradley Johnson...  OMFG did he play well.  He was everywhere!!!  We know he's got an engine, but he was composed in possession, and 95% of the time picked the right pass, at the right time.  If you want proof that Frank & Jodie's coaching skills are the real deal, compare Bradley of this season to the Bradley of last season...  Night & day.

Tomori is an absolute boss.  Great composure, great pace.  Once Davis gets back into the side, he'll improve even more.

Wilson/Mount are going to have big careers.  At times when they received the ball they had 3 Utd plays swarming over them, yet still played their way out.  Outstanding.

As for Wilson's free kick ? If that was Ronaldo, Messi, or in particular, Neymar,  the whole footballing world would be jizzing over it more months.  I'm glad Jamie Redknapp was giving it the credit it deserves.

So pleased for Marriot to get his first goal, if he gets a couple of starts, I can see him banging them in at a steady rate.  Very confident penalty as well.

Speaking of penalties, jesus christ on a bicycle, how good were they??!?!?!??!?!  Especially Forsyth's.  Great credit to the Sky director cutting to the laughing Derby fans as Keogh stepped up.  Come on, we were all thinking the same thing ?

Even though it was an under-strength Utd side, they should be ashamed with the shift they put in.  Only Ashley Young seemed to give a toss.  And as for Pogba waiting to leave until the camera was trained on him, disgraceful.

Oh and how ducking sour are the Scum up the road???  Saying we're going over the top with celebrations.  Bit hypocritical considering they practically gave Eric Lihaj the freedom of the city when they beat a 3rd string Arsenal team last season.  Salty c****

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Seems a silly comment to make. We don't have to find someone to pick on - especially when Bennett was probably the worst (of a very good bunch) last night.

I wasn’t picking on him? Tom would have played against Brentford and last night if he hadn’t been sent off for the silly challenge? Just saying it’s mason’s shirt to lose now. I doubt and hope Tom isn’t put back in v Bolton on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

Finally calmed down, gathered my thoughts - 

Unbelievable to think that we went toe to toe with one of the biggest teams in the world, and quite frankly extracted the urine.  The passing before Jozefzoon's header was poetry in motion.  

Every player put an incredible shift in, but Bradley Johnson...  OMFG did he play well.  He was everywhere!!!  We know he's got an engine, but he was composed in possession, and 95% of the time picked the right pass, at the right time.  If you want proof that Frank & Jodie's coaching skills are the real deal, compare Bradley of this season to the Bradley of last season...  Night & day.

Tomori is an absolute boss.  Great composure, great pace.  Once Davis gets back into the side, he'll improve even more.

Wilson/Mount are going to have big careers.  At times when they received the ball they had 3 Utd plays swarming over them, yet still played their way out.  Outstanding.

As for Wilson's free kick ? If that was Ronaldo, Messi, or in particular, Neymar, and the world footballing world would be jizzing over it more months.  I'm glad Jamie Redknapp was giving it the credit it deserves.

So pleased for Marriot to get his first goal, if he gets a couple of starts, I can see him banging them in at a steady rate.  Very confident penalty as well.

Speaking of penalties, jesus christ on a bicycle, how good were they??!?!?!??!?!  Especially Forsyth's.  Great credit to the Sky director cutting to the laughing Derby fans as Keogh stepped up.  Come on, we were all thinking the same thing ?

Even though it was an under-strength Utd side, they should be ashamed with the shift they put in.  Only Ashley Young seemed to give a toss.  And as for Pogba waiting to leave until the camera was trained on him, disgraceful.

Oh and how ducking sour are the Scum up the road???  Saying we're going over the top with celebrations.  Bit hypocritical considering they practically gave Eric Lihaj the freedom of the city when they beat a 3rd string Arsenal team last season.  Salty c****

Did anyone else pick up on Jamie Redknapp refereeing to Derby as "we" at the end of the programme? Its a family affair!

35 minutes ago, Gil said:

I think Lawrence, and possibly Wisdom, are where they need to be right now, much like Wilson was when he was injured. Have a few games out, watch the game and see what is needed from you and how you can improve the team once you get back in. Wilson’s looked a different player and is having a better influence on games. I’m sure Lawrence will do once he’s back in too.

45 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I think Josefzoon and Marriot for Saturday. Marriot should be buzzing and it would be smart to capitalise on that and let him have a start. 

Definitely. He took his chance well - it wasn't an easy header all considered. Penalty was confidently slotted too. Could be the kick start he needs. 

Well, What. A. Night.

Got in around 12:30 and was up till 2:30 reading and listening to all the reaction. Still buzzing form the game and was an honor to be there to witness such a massive night for the club!

How refreshing is it to see a performance like that against one of the worlds best, We dominated them for 75 minutes. From front to back the lads worked their socks off and stuck to the playing style. The whole team seems to have this bond, a bond weve not seen since the Mac1 days, i think its actually better. 

The Wilson goal being right in front of us travelling fans made it hard to react quick enough to the net bulging, I was in shock. Weve just scored at Man U and how did the ball end up there? As soon as i got in i found some highlights and OMFG did he hit that ball well. One of the best goals ive ever seen us score.

Marriott doing what he does best, scoring goals inside the box! great penalty too. Loved the reaction and celebration from the boys. Got quite emotional towards the end, Such a proud moment for me to witness a night like that especially after all the rubbish over the last few years. And then to dig in and keep our heads and win it in that fashion and on penaltys was amazing. Fans were going mental, players were going mental, Frank and staff went mental i heard Ed Dawes going mental. 

What a great occasion and night. We still have work to do to improve but if we can play like that 80% of the time we wont be far off this season. Scary to think that weve got players such as Davies, Evans and Lawrence to come back into contention yet, i dont know where they will get in but we have such quality in our side it is crazy.

Now. If i was to be picky i would say that Wisdom is not good enough at right back and seems to look more like a center half. Also, all this talk about Tommy Lawrence its starting to annoy me the treatment he gets - I would love to of seen the reaction Lawrence would of got if he had missed Bennetts chance?

Other than that. What a great night. Love you Frank & Jody and all the Players of DCFC.......oh not forgetting Phil Jones, Love you too mate.

so proud and honoured last night to attend that game and see a DCFC side work so hard and have pride in wearing the shirt , Wilson and Mount will get all the plaudits , rightly so , but i would like to give a big shout out to Brys and Johnno , their workrate and never say die attitude in midfield was immense , and special praise to every fan that was there with me last night , our vocal support was outstanding , finally a big thank you to Mel for getting us FL and JM long may they reign and we achieve all the success this club and fans deserve , COYR

Archived