v Manchester United (a) Match tHread

Boycie

Next up is Manure away.

I’m not going, I’ll go next season though as it’s an annual fixture isn’t it?

We have a good record at Old Trafford if I remember right, not recently though, but we’ve done em there a few times over the years.

Same team?

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the reward for today's performance is the same first 11 starts.

Harsh on the fringe players hoping to impress to force their way in, but it was such a vibrant, energy-filled performance that it sends a poor message to the squad to drop people. Frank sounded conflicted in his post-match interview, saying he didn't know what he was going to do.

Yes it would be good for Holmes, Waghorn, Marriott, Huddlestone, Wisdom, Roos, Malone, Josefzoon to get another starting place shot (as I type that it does show the strength of this squad) but everyone will want to start at Old Trafford and today's starting 11 deserves it. I don't think they need resting because (who could ever have believed we'd say this last season) the team is so young  and full of running!

It's a chance for Mason Mount to announce himself properly in the national consciousness. He does seem to get better every game, which is a frightening thought in terms of the level he'll be at later in the season.

It's a new era. We've played a lot of good sides over recent years when we've been doing decently in the Championship, and we've never threatened victory - it's been more about containing the game and keeping the score respectable. But this is a free hit and I don't think we'll be going as sacrificial lambs to meekly exit the competition. We'll be going to win.

18 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Next up is Manure away.

I’m not going, I’ll go next season though as it’s an annual fixture isn’t it?

We have a good record at Old Trafford if I remember right, not recently though, but we’ve done em there a few times over the years.

Same team?

Match tread. Are you over-tyred?

35 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think the reward for today's performance is the same first 11 starts.

Harsh on the fringe players hoping to impress to force their way in, but it was such a vibrant, energy-filled performance that it sends a poor message to the squad to drop people. Frank sounded conflicted in his post-match interview, saying he didn't know what he was going to do.

Yes it would be good for Holmes, Waghorn, Marriott, Huddlestone, Wisdom, Roos, Malone, Josefzoon to get another starting place shot (as I type that it does show the strength of this squad) but everyone will want to start at Old Trafford and today's starting 11 deserves it. I don't think they need resting because (who could ever have believed we'd say this last season) the team is so young  and full of running!

It's a chance for Mason Mount to announce himself properly in the national consciousness. He does seem to get better every game, which is a frightening thought in terms of the level he'll be at later in the season.

It's a new era. We've played a lot of good sides over recent years when we've been doing decently in the Championship, and we've never threatened victory - it's been more about containing the game and keeping the score respectable. But this is a free hit and I don't think we'll be going as sacrificial lambs to meekly exit the competition. We'll be going to win.

I think Frank will play a decent side but the league is his priority so he will rest a few and give some of the others a game..

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think Frank will play a decent side but the league is his priority so he will rest a few and give some of the others a game..

I wouldn't complain and can see the sense in that too. Professional sport is a different thing from amateurs and you are right the rational priority is the Championship. 

Maybe we need to give Curtis Davies a run out? Or I could see both Johnson and Bennett struggling with knocks after today. Or is this a game to try Marriott or Waghorn up top again? Definitely a tough call as Frank finds his feet in management. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I wouldn't complain and can see the sense in that too. Professional sport is a different thing from amateurs and you are right the rational priority is the Championship. 

Maybe we need to give Curtis Davies a run out? Or I could see both Johnson and Bennett struggling with knocks after today. Or is this a game to try Marriott or Waghorn up top again? Definitely a tough call as Frank finds his feet in management. 

Not back in training until next week so it's unlikely we'll see Davies. Huddlestone for Johnson would not be a surprise, in fact it would make a lot of sense with his vision and range of passing in a game that we will largely be on the back foot.

Be a shame for Bennett to miss out, pretty sure he would want to be out there even with a broken leg, this is Old Trafford.

Carson, Forsyth, Tomori, Keogh, Bogle, Huddlestone, Mount, Bryson, Wilson, Waghorn, Bennett for me.

Archived