v Manchester United (a) Match tHread

Boycie

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been so proud to be a derby fan after that performance, I can barely even believe how well we played . Wilson's goals was an absolute stunner and he has provided the spark the team has been missing, and our penalties were unreal. When Keogh and Forsyth stepped up I was pooping it but even though I have criticised them before , they deserve a lot of credit for taking such composed penalties for defenders. If we can play like that home and away games in the league we will have a great chance of promotion , we have proved we can do it now we need to show that level of desire and passion  in away games in the league against the likes of Bolton and against physical teams like Rotherham. We have a great chance of going up but even if we don't I will be very happy as long as we put that level of effort in and try and always play fast and on the front foot.  I wouldn't be surprised to see us go unchanged again on Saturday, the only possible changes I can see are  Malone in for Forsyth and either Waghorn or Jozefoon in for Bennet just to freshen things up and give some of the new signings a chance to stake a claim in the starting 11.

2 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Have waited 48 years for this result,who remembers Sheffield 1970 when Man U knocked us out of the F A quarter finals,tonight is our night.

Do you mean the semi final in 1976?

28 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

Back in 1970 I was in the Ozzie end watching us win the Watney Cup 4-1 against  a Man U team which included Best and Charlton. I felt genuinely sorry for Bobby Charlton who was in tears as he had been in Mexico a few weeks before.

I feel no sympathy for any of the players in red today.

Just an immense pride in the Rams!

Great performance in a hard fought and thoroughly deserved victory.???????????

I was there as well Steve brummie....if I remember rightly we scored a fantastic free kick in thst game as well from a certain Mr Dave Mackay?

Archived