v Ipswich Town (H) Match Thread

Derby blood

Not a game that will live long in the memory, but a comfortable win against a team who’s main aim was to turn up and be hard to beat.

Dont think I’ve ever seen a set of fans (not everyone of course!) that are so miserable about comfortably winning a game though.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jimbo jones said:

Not a game that will live long in the memory, but a comfortable win against a team who’s main aim was to turn up and be hard to beat.

Dont think I’ve ever seen a set of fans (not everyone of course!) that are so miserable about comfortably winning a game though.

Because let's be honest, we were pretty atrocious. We were almost Paul Clement esque with the amount of sideways and backwards passing we did. A win is a win, but I can't see us doing well if we continue in that style.

Some okay performances tonight. Still looking sloppy but we're getting there. If Evans is out long term then we have to either use Thorne or dip into the loan market, as soon as he went off tonight we instantly looked a poorer side. Ledley just can't play that role and neither can Johnson. 

I’m sorry but that was just awful 

Dreadful football 

Embarrassingly poor 

Will always want Rams to win 

But I don’t intend spending my hard earned leisure time and money doing that again anytime soon .  And I’m a season ticket holder....

Just now, Andicis said:

Because let's be honest, we were pretty atrocious. We were almost Paul Clement esque with the amount of sideways and backwards passing we did. A win is a win, but I can't see us doing well if we continue in that style.

It wasn’t great, it was a long way from being exciting but atrocious? Really? It’s still a work in progress, Ipswich never looked like scoring. To me atrocious would be chasing the opposition round for 90 minutes barely getting a touch of the ball...

Dont get me wrong, I’m not saying we should be cartwheeling down the road declaring we’re going to smash the league or anything, but some of the miserable sods I’ve had to listen to have been way over top ?

Not great. Took an hour to get going.

big hole in midfield with Mount playing almost as a second striker, looking a bit of a luxury. 

Bryson did well. Bogle too. Forsyth looked strong. Good shot from Ledley.

Thats was about it.

Evans looked decent before his injury. another ACL? - hopefully wrong on that.

15 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Tomori is scary when the ball is in the air. He doesn't seem to be able to predict the flight! Other than that I quite like him.

Forsyth did well, Bogle too. Poorest game for Mount in a Derby shirt. JoFlo looked good too and he at least battles away. 

Our midfield creates weird passing angles. They kind of get in positions where you can either pass to all of them or none of them. They line up! They don't work in triangles. That's a pretty big balance issue for the team. 

Dribbledribble will be able to masturbate to the highlights tonight after another 92mins of being counter productive. 

Keogh... what's going on? Why you flapping in possession?

Well ! That was the match I saw as well ?

great first 10 minutes then it all went a bit flat and the promising Evans fell to the curse of the Derby DM 

Bogle was excellent .. exciting on the ball and didn’t shirk his defensive duties. Worked really well interchanging with Bennett early on. I think Bennet might be a military grade all terrain vehicle made out of something very solid and unyielding someone ran in to him at one point and bounced off him like a rubber ball hitting a concrete block 

One of the best bits was seeing Fozzie at the end sliding in, leg exposed, full blooded to put the ball out. He had a cracking game. Think he’s got his confidence back

loved FloJo when he came on .. pure winger with great feet and avoids traffic .. end product in sight. 

keogh didn’t play badly, won headers and made some solid tackles but he has those windows 95 moments when he seizes up for no reason. Come on Rich, Tomori’s heading may not be great but he quick, a good tackler and sound on the ball. Don’t worry so much man .. chill out 

Midfield balance isn’t right .. needs work ..need to find the right pairings. I wonder if he’ll tweak it for Saturday ? 

It was a bit scrappy and some of the little touches just aren’t quite happening but give it time. 

other than that .. very very happy .. crucial win for so many things over and above 3 points. 

3 points; clean sheet; poor spectacle. Midfield still the issue; Evans looked like an improvement but at present we are very average with no pattern, shape or game plan. We can not control midfield or hold the play...the structure is not right and we won’t improve just by playing more games. We have an inchoate assembly of individualists. It’s a way off being a team with a chemistry. 

Another goal for Lawrence which is only going to help his confidence not his best game like slot of others tonight, but he is the one most likely to create something and get us a goal at present.

Helped when Flo came on too and we had another player to cause the full backs a problem of on the opposite flank.Saw once again tonight Bennet is better of the bench against tiring defenders either Flo or Wilson to start Saturday.

Will probably do a proper write up in a minute, but just like to say how sorry I feel for George Evans. Really looked like what we were missing, sitting and recycling the ball. Sadly looked a very serious injury, walked off crying down the tunnell, think it’s an ACL... Gonna have to rethink letting Huddlestone go because I don’t think we’ll see him this year again

Good win tonight and happy with the result, Ipswich clearly came for a point.

Think the problem first half was that the middlefield 3 were just not making the right runs or making themselves available for the ball. We kept going down the wings instead and was literally the same thing everytime. Carson > Tomori > Forsyth > Tomori > Keogh > Bogle > Bennett > Bogle > Keogh > repeat until we lose the ball. Was improved second half but still not great.

Think Frank needs to learn quickly how we can break teams like Ipswich down as a lot of teams are going to play the same way against us this season.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Will probably do a proper write up in a minute, but just like to say how sorry I feel for George Evans. Really looked like what we were missing, sitting and recycling the ball. Sadly looked a very serious injury, walked off crying down the tunnell, think it’s an ACL... Gonna have to rethink letting Huddlestone go because I don’t think we’ll see him this year again

Let's hope it's one of those things that seem bad at time but turn out to be quite minor.

Archived