v Ipswich Town (H) Match Thread

Derby blood

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players showed for the ball second half. Hope we remember to do that in the first 45 on Saturday.

Bogle MOTM for me. Was nearly as surprised that Bennett got taken off as I was that Lawrence stayed on. That free kick was the only thing he did all night. MOTM my arse!

9 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Poor Stevie Mac. Played 4, zero points and a -11 goal difference. Fookin ouch!!! ?

I was thinking of having a bet on Chris Martin joining them in the next 48 hours, and Mac being sacked on the weekend, but having rang around it’s odds on with all the bookies.

Bogle played well. So did Jozefzoon when he came on - beat his man and tracked back.

Fozzy had a decent game too - possibly playing his way back into #1 for LB. 

Still not convinced with the midfield. Ledley did well, Bryson did well enough, but as a unit it just doesn’t look right.

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Didn’t turn up for the first half yet again, has to be a nerves / confidence thing, hopefully the win tonight will get the monkey off the backs with the first home win and we can build against Preston 

game management needs work, 2-0 up and we’re still making silly mistakes and taking uneccessary chances, a better side would have pulled one back at the end and it would have turned into the alamo

Good three points and some positives to take from the game 

Having said that, what was that last free kick about? It’s bound to be the last kick of the game, or good as, I’m all for playing it into the corner when you’re one goal up with a minute to go, but why not use that opportunity to stick it in for a third. 

Also, although the overall result is positive, it’s a bit concerning that our goals came from a free kick and a corner. For all our ‘creative’ players, were not really creating much. 

2 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

Four changes in the starting line-up.

Three points in the bag.

What's not to like?

Anemic performance and two speculative goals that could have gone anywhere,against a woeful team,we have a serious hill to climb i fear.

14 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I reckon McLaren will chuck the towel in myself, mind you, there’s no pay off when you do that so I think McLaren might be the first out of the two thinking about it.

Never forgave Stevie Mac for walking out at the Gumps telling Doughty he didn't want any compensation.

Tomori is scary when the ball is in the air. He doesn't seem to be able to predict the flight! Other than that I quite like him.

Forsyth did well, Bogle too. Poorest game for Mount in a Derby shirt. JoFlo looked good too and he at least battles away. 

Our midfield creates weird passing angles. They kind of get in positions where you can either pass to all of them or none of them. They line up! They don't work in triangles. That's a pretty big balance issue for the team. 

Dribbledribble will be able to masturbate to the highlights tonight after another 92mins of being counter productive. 

Keogh... what's going on? Why you flapping in possession?

6 hours ago, Jortat said:

Suffolk Ram here. I can’t see the game tonight as I am on nights and start at 5:30pm, so it will have to be radio Suffolk’s biased pro  Ipswich shitty commentary with my 4 shift workers who are all Ipswich fans including my boss .

In the morning at 6am I hand over to the incoming day shift and again 3 of them are Ipswich fans , so I would sell my soul to the devil for a win tonight to keep them all in order or my life will be hell for the whole season regardless wether we win the return game or not , and they are all buzzing for tonight’s game and expect to roll us over big style.

This game for me is the biggest game of the season and a win tonight will allow my pure white ram beacon shine bright amongst the waves of Tractor boys blue shirts filling every area of my workplace.

Come on Derby... don’t let me down ????

COYR

Its all gone very quiet at work. The office is empty ,1 tractor boy has gone home "sick" and I am sitting smugly in my office witha big Derby screen saver on my PC. Cant wait for the handover at 6am to the real hardcore Tractor boys who went up to the match tonight.

I cant bloody wait lol .Well done Derby.Onwards and upwards.COYR

Winning is important, but we were pretty awful for large parts of tonight. Bryson doesn't look capable of playing this role, he was awful tonight. He only plays the way he's facing, and as such repeatedly just passes back to the centre backs in pointless passes. Evans looked good before he came off, surely Jozefzoon has to start the next game? He gave us an extra dimension when he came on, he has such quick feet. 

A tricky game against a team who hav'nt come for a win. The result definitely more important than the performance at this stage.  Thought Bogle and Forsyth played well and also Bennett when he got on to the ball - just felt we needed to feed him a bit more in the first half.  Puzzled by Lawrence MOM as he was really poor first half and really needs to stop giving the ball away and creating pressure on the defence and don't think he did much second half.  Midfield pretty poor tonight as well in creating anything so no surprise we hav'nt scored from open play A lot to improve on but a win is a win.

Archived