v Ipswich Town (H) Match Thread

Derby blood

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Will probably do a proper write up in a minute, but just like to say how sorry I feel for George Evans. Really looked like what we were missing, sitting and recycling the ball. Sadly looked a very serious injury, walked off crying down the tunnell, think it’s an ACL... Gonna have to rethink letting Huddlestone go because I don’t think we’ll see him this year again

Agree with that would certainly think it is ligaments

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rampage's full match report. 

2-0 win against Ipswich. Rocking horse performance.

Two good goals in a sea of mediocrity. 

Come back Davies and slightly save the day, please. 

6 points out of 12 having played Leeds! 

4 points adrift, could be a lot worse after these performances.

I am personally clueless as to how to turn it around. 

Newsflash - Weimann has 4 goals!!!! 

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

3 points; clean sheet; poor spectacle. Midfield still the issue; Evans looked like an improvement but at present we are very average with no pattern, shape or game plan. We can not control midfield or hold the play...the structure is not right and we won’t improve just by playing more games. We have an inchoate assembly of individualists. It’s a way off being a team with a chemistry. 

Inchoate? Have you eaten a dictionary? ?

After back-to-back defeats and discontent growing, we'll take a win by any means necessary. You don't get any points for style, after all.

Two more wins before the international break and suddenly there's momentum and a platform to build on.

Better and more fluent performances will surely come when we start to play a settled XI and Frank grows into the role. I refuse to believe we peaked in pre-season.

The only concern for me is that so far, only Mount looks better than what we already had and again brings into question why we made 9 signings.

10 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

I’m sorry but that was just awful 

Dreadful football 

Embarrassingly poor 

Will always want Rams to win 

But I don’t intend spending my hard earned leisure time and money doing that again anytime soon .  And I’m a season ticket holder....

TBF, if you’re a season ticket holder then you’ve already spent your hard earned money. So you may as well give your arse a wipe and go support the team every week.

Carson 6- nothing to do

fozzy 8 my MOTM

Keogh 7 solid 

Tomori 6.5 just rushes into things at times 

bogle 7 looks good 

ledley 7 extra point for goal 

Bryson 5 struggled 

mount 5 struggled 

lawrence 6 extra point for goal 

nugent 6 ran and ran 

Bennett 4 didn’t help Bogle out at all kept cutting in leaving us with no width 

subs 

josefzoon 7 he filled them gaps by running into them and creating problems, really like the look of him

Can see what Lampard is wanting to do with this team and we will get there eventually, international break for me will be when we can start to settle down and have a settled squad and injured players back.

I really cant wait for Davies to get back though, him and Tomori would be my CB pairing. Thought Evans looked solid, really hope his injury isnt too serious as he just sat in front of the back 4 and offered good protection. Forsyth had a really good game and Bogle was decent too.

Now this wont make a lot of people happy with him being a cult hero but really dont see what Bryson offers, yes he runs around alot but for me he is always a step behind where he should be and its just pointless running, when he does get the ball he doesnt have much quality on it.

Mount wasnt in the game much but for me this is as much down to Nugent as it was Mount, he wants to be in the space between midfield and defence so he can run at the back 4, with Nugent up front there isnt any space for him to play in, Nuge needs to stretch the defence so more spaces open up.

Lawrence put in a real shift, always wanted the ball even in tight positions, seemed to have 2 men on him all first half. Bennett started well but faded, Jozefzoon is just rapid, turned a good LB in Knudsen inside out at one point.

Would like to see Holmes on the bench so he could come on in games like tonight and try to offer something different to Bryson or Mount if its not quite working for them.

3 points, first home league win and a clean sheet. Good basis to start from and we will improve, we just need to give it time.

Not great but we needed that win tonight, to get some of the boo boys off our back, can not believe how some supporters act these days, 4 games for n and fans moaning none stop, but that's up to the individual, I go to support my team through thick and thin, and I believe you can only start to judge a team after 16 games, and I still think once we get Davis and Tom back we will be much stronger, and Frank will grow as a manager, hope we get the 3 points on Saturday and play with more confidence, because that is what is lacking confidenc, so come on pp let's get behind the lads and give them the confidence to play without fear.

Sith Happens

Thought would log on see what's going on 

Came away thinking great we won, still a lot of work to do but some positives and a very good first 10 minutes or so.

Gutted to find out i must have got confused cause reading some of the posts i assume we must have lost

Ah well. Nay mind.

5 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Another season and the boo boys are off already, let's give the team and Frank a chance. I go to the football because it's  in my blood, and I love my club, this is our club antill we die, so I try to enjoy it.  Life is better with a smile.

Guys, it wasn't perfect, and at times it looked lethargic, but look at the bigger picture. We've literally had a mediocre-ish game and comfortably beaten a fellow championship side. Imagine when we're actually up and running.

When we were 4-1 down against Leeds I said to my mate I was happy we kept actually trying to do the right thing, not going into our shell or lumping it forward aimlessly. Same principle here. We're getting there. We missed Evans when he went off, and hopefully Huddlestone can play that role.

We looked to do the right things today but it still needs to be quicker. Today was quicker than the first half at Millwall, which was quicker than Leeds, which was quicker than the first half at Reading. There's honestly a noticeable improvement in tempo at times in each game and we need to build that eventually into full game performances.

Work in progress, can’t win them all playing well and nice to win when we don’t, much improved 2nd half

agree with most on ineffective midfield, only shored when Ledley came on, bogle impressed most, Bryson for all his running was ineffective so baffling to hear rams tv gave him mom 

Game we don’t normally win so bonus 3 points!

Archived