Mason Mount

Cam the Ram

1 minute ago, Dethorn said:

I haven't got to a game yet this season but I am guessing then that the televised games have been his weaker performances ?

Because dare I say it, I haven't seen a lot - do not get me wrong, what I have seen is good, but not quite as good as I was expecting or as I hear here.

There are a few videos showing his skill which, during a match, we might not notice. Looks a future star in the making.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 20:41, EulogyForEvolution said:

Yeah, the dream scenario would be for him to help us get promotion this season. Then get loaned back to us for our first season in the Prem. Then Chelski decide to flog him to us after that.

The chances are slim, but it wouldn't be the first time Chelsea have let talent go without properly recognising their potential.

See Keven De Bruyne. See Mo Salah. See Romelu Lukaku. See Arjen Robben.

The list goes on.

The good thing is that it is Chelsea. They don't rate their own. They would rather buy someone in. Prime example. Loftus-cheek. More than capable of flourishing in that Chelsea team, but no, get Barkley in and loan LC out. I can see the same with Mason.

2 hours ago, Dethorn said:

I haven't got to a game yet this season but I am guessing then that the televised games have been his weaker performances ?

Because dare I say it, I haven't seen a lot - do not get me wrong, what I have seen is good, but not quite as good as I was expecting or as I hear here.

Think he's getting better with each match. He needs to get on the ball more in order to influence the game but every game he shows some great skill(great touches, flicks, and takeons, etc.). I reckon the introduction of THudd will also allow him to get on the ball more and the midfield will be more in control of games. His best performances have probably been Preston and the Hull cup game. Was a solid showing against Hull in the league match too with a clever stepover/leave for Zoon's winner to top it off.

2 hours ago, Dethorn said:

People are raving about him because he’s having regular tangible impacts on games  and producing game winning moments of brilliance, which at his age is amazing. But I agree, we could do with him having a greater impact on general play.

Currently he’s working hard and pressing with the odd flashes of brilliance. He needs to do more. He needs to aim to have a similar impact to the one Bryson did in 13/14 in terms of general play at the very least. 

Bryson in 13/14 was averaging 44.3 passes a game with an 85% accuracy. On top of this he was making frequent off the ball runs to stretch the play. Mount’s averaging  27.1 passes a game with only 69.7% of those accurate. 

Get him a bit deeper and get him involved with the game, even if he isn’t having a tangible effect on the match then get him stretching the game with deep runs and by keeping the ball ticking over. He’s intelligent enough and fit enough to do this without it impacting on his goal threat. 

32 minutes ago, cannable said:

People are raving about him because he’s having regular tangible impacts on games  and producing game winning moments of brilliance, which at his age is amazing. But I agree, we could do with him having a greater impact on general play.

Currently he’s working hard and pressing with the odd flashes of brilliance. He needs to do more. He needs to aim to have a similar impact to the one Bryson did in 13/14 in terms of general play at the very least. 

Bryson in 13/14 was averaging 44.3 passes a game with an 85% accuracy. On top of this he was making frequent off the ball runs to stretch the play. Mount’s averaging  27.1 passes a game with only 69.7% of those accurate. 

Get him a bit deeper and get him involved with the game, even if he isn’t having a tangible effect on the match then get him stretching the game with deep runs and by keeping the ball ticking over. He’s intelligent enough and fit enough to do this without it impacting on his goal threat. 

If we have Huddlestone and Johnson fit he will have greater freedom to support the front three.

If that three was Josefzoon, Waghorn and Wilson we could pose some serious threat!

19 hours ago, Dethorn said:

I'm pretty sure he's scored more goals than all our strikers put together this season. Surely that's all you need to know.

31 minutes ago, Shang said:

I'm pretty sure he's scored more goals than all our strikers put together this season. Surely that's all you need to know.

Oh silly me - thats alright then

although as pointed out by an earlier poster both could have been saved.

47 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Oh silly me - thats alright then

Pretty much. 

As ive said previously in the many discussions about Mount, he’s an attacking midfielder, his job is to create and score goals in the final third. 

Some people seem to have been under the impression we was signing a centre mid who will dominate a game. He is not that player. he is more tom Lawrence than will Hughes. Anyone expecting him to run the show from midfield will be disappointed. 

On 06/09/2018 at 11:35, Dethorn said:

48 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

..............but weren't 

If you want to win the lottery, you've got to buy a ticket. Lampard is Chelsea's all-time top scorer and he had loads of shots. 

Mount could have had ten goals already this season; he is like his mentor in terms of always getting into good positions and at least having a go. It's so much better to see than previous shot-shy Derby teams who passed it sideways instead of having a go. He might well be a 20 goal midfielder this season. 

The way Mount plays & the trust he has from Lampard. I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least meet Vydra's tally from last season. He's young & could have a dip, but he's always producing something. 

It makes me laugh that Grealish is so highly rated by the media, yet Mount has one more goal in August than he managed last season in all competitions. Grealish has abillity, sure, but Mount just strikes me as one of those players that will score regularly because he's got too much ability on the edge of the box. It's his speed of thought as much as his quality. 

The step over to allow the ball into Jozefzoon, not many - if any - teenagers would think about not having that shot there at that point in the game. In fact, barely any players in world football wouldn't have that shot - not just teenagers.  

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It makes me laugh that Grealish is so highly rated by the media, yet Mount has one more goal in August than he managed last season in all competitions. Grealish has abillity, sure, but Mount just strikes me as one of those players that will score regularly because he's got too much ability on the edge of the box. It's his speed of thought as much as his quality. 

I’m not sure that’s entirely fair though… Grealish constantly backs up play, keeps things ticking and can carry it through tight spaces whereas Mount is pure numbers 

On 05/09/2018 at 15:09, Dethorn said:

To be fair I wasn't knocking the lad just asking if I had missed the best of him ?

14 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The way Mount plays & the trust he has from Lampard. I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least meet Vydra's tally from last season. He's young & could have a dip, but he's always producing something. 

The step over to allow the ball into Jozefzoon, not many - if any - teenagers would think about not having that shot there at that point in the game. In fact, barely any players in world football wouldn't have that shot - not just teenagers.  

He also let the ball run to Nugent for the goal at Millwall instead of taking a touch.

Archived