Mason Mount

Cam the Ram

21 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Maybe they will let us have lofted cheek in January having seen how well the other two are getting on 

Ive lofted a few cheeks in my time.?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

To be honest I think he will go on to be a much better player than will because of his goal scoring ability, I think Hughes will go on to play for England ( hes already good enough) and have a good career but Mount is only 19 so has the potential to be world class and play either for Chelsea or one of the top clubs in Europe or ideally derby in the Prem.

At that age young William had already played a couple of full seasons for us with over 70 appearances......best ever.

2 hours ago, David said:

I don’t think we should send him back once the loan is up.

Hold him hostage at Moor Farm until either Chelsea agree to let us have him on the cheap, or wait until his contract expires and sign him through the tribunal system.

Would he wasted at Chelsea, look at Loftus Cheek right now twiddling his thumbs, Mount will need a foreign passport to get a game there regardless of how good he is. 

It's not the Chelsea first team we should be worried about. Abraham did well in the championship and got a prem loan the following year. 

The only way we're keeping him and Tomori is if we go up this year it seems. 

Just now, RamLad1884 said:

It's not the Chelsea first team we should be worried about. Abraham did well in the championship and got a prem loan the following year. 

The only way we're keeping him and Tomori is if we go up this year it seems. 

I don’t mind getting promoted to keep him, we can do that, well up for it.

19 hours ago, Rampage said:

Spot on. ?

great money earner for Chelsea take mount as an example before he came to us what was he worth 2 mill? we no doubt paid a loan fee of 1 mill at least what he worth when he goes back at the end of season got to be worth at least 6 mill next season loaned out again to prem club or champion high flIer  got to be worth at least 3 mill for loan again whats he worth at the end of it 12 mill?So he would earn Chelsea 16 mill and hasnt kicked a ball for them in two seasons.Not bad business IMO

20 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

great money earner for Chelsea take mount as an example before he came to us what was he worth 2 mill? we no doubt paid a loan fee of 1 mill at least what he worth when he goes back at the end of season got to be worth at least 6 mill next season loaned out again to prem club or champion high flIer  got to be worth at least 3 mill for loan again whats he worth at the end of it 12 mill?So he would earn Chelsea 16 mill and hasnt kicked a ball for them in two seasons.Not bad business IMO

If Maddison is worth 25m Mount will be around that price tag too. Especially as he is owned by a premier league club.

49 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Thats exactly chelskis business model as my Chelsea mate says it. Make a few 10m profits here and there on youth and then blow your wad on a Hazard or Morata etc.......the objectiive there is to make the football club self-sufficient.

5 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

If he was worth £2 mil before coming to us we would have bought him. I would wager he would have cost a lot more than that if we’d wanted to buy him

7 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

If he was worth £2 mil before coming to us we would have bought him. I would wager he would have cost a lot more than that if we’d wanted to buy him

Yep, that 2 million valuation is way off. Roma paid over 15 million for Kluivert who's the same age as Mount and who was outperformed by him in the same league last season. Plus Ajax are a team much more likely to sell than Chelsea, so that 2 million needs multiplying by 10 at the very least

21 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yep, that 2 million valuation is way off. Roma paid over 15 million for Kluivert who's the same age as Mount and who was outperformed by him in the same league last season. Plus Ajax are a team much more likely to sell than Chelsea, so that 2 million needs multiplying by 10 at the very least

I'd say in the current market based off his age the fact he is English and he is a goal scorer I  would say he would be valued at around £30 million.

The fear for a club loaning a young player to get games, is that they don't get games. Beccause of this, the DET says Mount (and Tomori) could be recalled in January, but only if they haven't reached a contractual threshold in terms of playing time, which is fair enough.

Lampard has picked Mason for every game and Fikayo has played most of them. Of course we never know the minutiae of contracts, but it sounds as though they Chelsea can't do a Liverpool in terms of Jordan Ibe.

22 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Thats exactly chelskis business model as my Chelsea mate says it. Make a few 10m profits here and there on youth and then blow your wad on a Hazard or Morata etc.......the objectiive there is to make the football club self-sufficient.

It may be coming to an end. News today that fifa plan to limit outgoing loans to 8. Chelsea currently have 30 players out on loan. 

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The fear for a club loaning a young player to get games, is that they don't get games. Beccause of this, the DET says Mount (and Tomori) could be recalled in January, but only if they haven't reached a contractual threshold in terms of playing time, which is fair enough.

Lampard has picked Mason for every game and Fikayo has played most of them. Of course we never know the minutiae of contracts, but it sounds as though they Chelsea can't do a Liverpool in terms of Jordan Ibe.

Lampard apparently said at today's press conference that there is no recall clause. Mount is here for the season. 

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Lampard apparently said at today's press conference that there is no recall clause. Mount is here for the season. 

From the report:

"However, Lampard is not concerned about losing the highly-rated teenager and [the DET} understands that he can only be recalled in the new year if he fails to play a certain number of matches at Derby."

Stating the obvious really by lamps but still good to hear. Mount has a huge amount more in his locker than his already impressive record imo. Always going to take him time to adapt to the league but he’s got massive potential and if he starts hitting that while here then we could have one of the leagues best players without a doubt imo, and maybe even an England international.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

It may be coming to an end. News today that fifa plan to limit outgoing loans to 8. Chelsea currently have 30 players out on loan. 

The FIFA restriction is only on loanees that aren't produced by the club's academy though so it won't really affect us that much considering we have only 7-8 non club trained loanees. 

By the way, we hardly ever do loan recalls. Even if the loanees are not getting enough gametime in the past, it hasn't really been in our philosophy unless the player himself wants to end the loan spell and doesn't meet playing time requirements. Mount wouldn't have been recalled no matter what he does from now up until January. Especially considering we have Kante, Kovacic, Fabregas, RLC, and Barkley all fighting for the same spot that Mount would play in. We don't recall loanees if their loans are going well. I expect both the Chelsea lads to see out the season - hopefully there's next season too.

Archived