Mason Mount

Cam the Ram

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably going to be in the minority here but has Mount really shown anything this season that would make you think he is ready for an England call up?

Hughes has been starring for Watford yet was overlooked for the last squads.

Suppose if Southgate is just monitoring his progress it is good but would hate to see Mount thrust into the limelight like so many youngsters before him, when he is probably not yet ready.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Probably going to be in the minority here but has Mount really shown anything this season that would make you think he is ready for an England call up?

Suppose if Southgate is just monitoring his progress it is good but would hate to see Mount thrust into the limelight like so many youngsters before him, when he is probably not yet ready.

Honestly. on Saturday, every time he was on the ball you could tell he was a class above every other person on the pitch. And he has shown enough, maybe not this season, but definitely last season where he was more highly regarded than Justin Kluivert who went for 20m last summer and has also played for the dutch national team. He seems like the type of midfielder that England miss, and he has trained with the seniors before as well, so if Southgate thinks he's good enough, why not?

2 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Honestly. on Saturday, every time he was on the ball you could tell he was a class above every other person on the pitch. And he has shown enough, maybe not this season, but definitely last season where he was more highly regarded than Justin Kluivert who went for 20m last summer and has also played for the dutch national team. He seems like the type of midfielder that England miss, and he has trained with the seniors before as well, so if Southgate thinks he's good enough, why not?

I just think there are players that should be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Would also like players to serve their time in the u21s rather than rushed into the senior team. 

Fair play to Southgate though for looking to youth and also the Championship.

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I just think there are players that should be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Would also like players to serve their time in the u21s rather than rushed into the senior team. 

International squads are big. Getting called up doesn't mean playing, and simply being in the training environment is a risk free method of the manager getting a better idea of his ability to step up. 

There are probably 4 or 5 English players unequivocally ahead of him in his position, but are there many more that don't start a debate? And if you're the England manager, if a few of the players ahead of him are getting on in age, would you not want to bring through the youth in friendlies etc. ?

He could turn out to be one of those players who's level of performance is complete unchanged by the opposition. If he is you'd want to find that out pretty early.

All I can say with any confidence, mind, is that he's better than any of our lot.

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

To be fair Hughes is  ahead of Mount at the moment but its fair to say if they both play for England most people will bet on Mount having the better club & international career 

Might be more of a case of Southgate keeping an eye on & watching the development of these young players. He’s had mount & Foden training with the England first team before the world cup. He also goes on about this ‘pathway’ from the Under 21 to the first team. If he genuinely sees Mount as a future star would it hinder his development to have him around the squad? Saying that i do think Hughes is deserving of a call up 

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not entirely sure you’re in the minority. He’s not been performing to the level of 13/14 Bryson from a similar sort of role. Granted he’s not in as good a team or as balanced a midfield and may well flourish later on in the season but for a midfielder supposedly destined for the top I’d expect more. A bit of me thinks he’s too intelligent for his team mates to be fair, playing the right balls for players not making the right runs.

His best performance tonight though, excellent performance. That’s what we want to see, showing for the ball in the channels, linking up play creative and a super free-kick. That’s what we want to see week-in week-out. 

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 23:05, cannable said:

Tomori’s best game for us tonight as well.

Don't think I've seen him do anything wrong since he's played. Sometimes he makes it look as if he's been beaten, but he knows the pace he has will cut any problems out. Considering Keogh and Davies are both heading towards the end of their careers, I'd be interested to know how much Chel$ea would want for Tomori. I'd love him to be here permanently if possible.

Do people realise how lucky we are to have Mason Mount at Derby? If he gets an England call up this season which i expect him to do, Then we have one of our players (on loan from CFC i know) playing for the England first team! How long has it been since we could say that? Yes he is a Chelsea player, but over the last 2 seasons they have done nothing to improve him, All the work has been done by Vitesse and Derby. Would be great for us to have a current England international at the club.

Mount is also a far better player than Grealish - From skill and technique to his attitude.....

I don't think he will get an England call up this season, whether he deserves it or not.  While Southgate's stock has risen a lot, I doubt he would be brave enough to call up a kid from the Championship.  If he does, then our already microscopic chances of signing him permanently would reduce to the size of a quantum particle.

9 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Do people realise how lucky we are to have Mason Mount at Derby? If he gets an England call up this season which i expect him to do, Then we have one of our players (on loan from CFC i know) playing for the England first team! How long has it been since we could say that? Yes he is a Chelsea player, but over the last 2 seasons they have done nothing to improve him, All the work has been done by Vitesse and Derby. Would be great for us to have a current England international at the club.

Mount is also a far better player than Grealish - From skill and technique to his attitude.....

He is good enough. However, I don't know if England have the balls to put a player who isn't in the Prem into the squad.

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

I don't think he will get an England call up this season, whether he deserves it or not.  While Southgate's stock has risen a lot, I doubt he would be brave enough to call up a kid from the Championship.  If he does, then our already microscopic chances of signing him permanently would reduce to the size of a quantum particle.

What better time then in a friendly? Dont need the same players in both friendlies during a break. They need to try some youngsters....

Sorry to pour cold water on dreams but I think we have next to zero chance of signing either Tomori or Mount. Both of them are, already, Prem class and I have no doubt that they will both go on to play for England. Enjoy them while you can, they are both a delight to watch but not for ever I am afraid.

Can anyone name a young talent that has gone out on loan from one of the big clubs to a smaller club and ended up signing for them? Bamford comes to mind but besides that it hardly ever happens - that is not why they are here.

As for us, we bought Martin, Bent and Ince after loans but the usual clamour to sign up the likes of Palmer, Winnall, Osman etc just comes to naught.

16 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Sorry to pour cold water on dreams but I think we have next to zero chance of signing either Tomori or Mount. Both of them are, already, Prem class and I have no doubt that they will both go on to play for England. Enjoy them while you can, they are both a delight to watch but not for ever I am afraid.

Can anyone name a young talent that has gone out on loan from one of the big clubs to a smaller club and ended up signing for them? Bamford comes to mind but besides that it hardly ever happens - that is not why they are here.

As for us, we bought Martin, Bent and Ince after loans but the usual clamour to sign up the likes of Palmer, Winnall, Osman etc just comes to naught.

I am not sure tomari would be played by Chelsea so that option may be possible if he fancied it but in an ideal world we get promoted and keep them on loan and we benefit from them and Chelsea see how they do but that’s a heck of a long way off 

Archived