Mason Mount

Cam the Ram

11 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Grealish is a bit inconsistent, but yes, overall probably the best player in the division.

Depends how you rate a player - his 3 goals and 5 assists last season hardly had him close to being the perceived best player in the division last season 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Depends how you rate a player - his 3 goals and 5 assists last season hardly had him close to being the perceived best player in the division last season 

It's how you look at a player - we always said Will Hughes was one of the best in the division but never had the goals and assists for a midfielder to back it up. Jack is similar to Will, the way he massively influences games but without scoring or assisting. They both love to get on the ball and get things going. As somebody else said before, Mason is completely different to these two (a bit more like Jack with his ability to float around the pitch and take players on) and won't influence games as much but will get in dangerous areas to create and score.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

It was six assists and it’s worth baring in mind that his first start didn’t come until the 21st game of the season due to a split kidney. 

For the current cries of getting Maddison in the England team I don’t think he’s as good in general play as Grealish. The area in which he’s better and which made him so productive last season were his set pieces, in which; two of his goals were free-kicks, four penalties and eight of his assists were from dead balls. 

Tomori did well too and made 2 last man tackles to stop dangerous Latvia attacks. He went down injured and looked in a lot of pain late on but came back on to finish the game. He didn't look to be moving too well but hopefully it was just a minor knock and isn't going to result in him missing any games for us

I don’t think we should send him back once the loan is up.

Hold him hostage at Moor Farm until either Chelsea agree to let us have him on the cheap, or wait until his contract expires and sign him through the tribunal system.

Would he wasted at Chelsea, look at Loftus Cheek right now twiddling his thumbs, Mount will need a foreign passport to get a game there regardless of how good he is. 

39 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Mason Mount to play for Englands senior side this season....

Based on England's poor performance against Spain with a lack of any creativity he could do come March if he is tearing up the division and doing very well with the under 21's, him and Phil Foden of Man city are England's most promising players for along time.

6 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Based on England's poor performance against Spain with a lack of any creativity he could do come March if he is tearing up the division and doing very well with the under 21's, him and Phil Foden of Man city are England's most promising players for along time.

After William of course.

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

After William of course.

To be honest I think he will go on to be a much better player than will because of his goal scoring ability, I think Hughes will go on to play for England ( hes already good enough) and have a good career but Mount is only 19 so has the potential to be world class and play either for Chelsea or one of the top clubs in Europe or ideally derby in the Prem.

41 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

For all the talk of a an English Modric or a James Maddison I’d argue it’s a new Michael Carrick we need.

The reason we have so many defenders comfortable on the ball is because the idea behind the system is enticing the press and then effectively counter-attacking them. So ideally you need somebody instead of Henderson who can fire it into one of Sterling, Alli or Lingard. 

It’s an instigator we need, not a creator. That being said Mount fits the system and it’s now a case of him showing he’s better than Lingard or Alli.

1 hour ago, David said:

I don’t think we should send him back once the loan is up.

Hold him hostage at Moor Farm until either Chelsea agree to let us have him on the cheap, or wait until his contract expires and sign him through the tribunal system.

Would he wasted at Chelsea, look at Loftus Cheek right now twiddling his thumbs, Mount will need a foreign passport to get a game there regardless of how good he is. 

Maybe they will let us have lofted cheek in January having seen how well the other two are getting on 

22 hours ago, Ambitious said:

The way Mount plays & the trust he has from Lampard. I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least meet Vydra's tally from last season. He's young & could have a dip, but he's always producing something. 

It makes me laugh that Grealish is so highly rated by the media, yet Mount has one more goal in August than he managed last season in all competitions. Grealish has abillity, sure, but Mount just strikes me as one of those players that will score regularly because he's got too much ability on the edge of the box. It's his speed of thought as much as his quality. 

The step over to allow the ball into Jozefzoon, not many - if any - teenagers would think about not having that shot there at that point in the game. In fact, barely any players in world football wouldn't have that shot - not just teenagers.  

Spot on. ?

Archived