Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jimbobram said:

Have we found out what the actual fee is ? Pboro chairman saying its a lot more than initally reported ? Unless it was genuine and leaked and that's why hes annoyed

All we really know is that one place reported £2 million initial fee, then 2 or 3 papers/journalists came out all around a similar time and said £3 million. I think the Peterborough chairman is probably trying to keep their fans pleased. He suggested the £6.5 million figure reported as their asking price was wrong and it wasn't that high. News come out we've signed him in a deal worth up to £5 million and he starts saying it's more than that, but won't tell us the actual fee. We'll probably not find for another year or 2 until he randomly states how much they got for him in a Twitter reply or interview 

1 hour ago, Redcar said:

Wonder what’s he’s on at Pboro.... and what kinda dosh he will get at Derby? Of course we don’t know, but I can’t even guess.

I imagine it's a jump from like £2000-a-week to £12000-a-week based on absolutely nothing but gut feeling. 

Happy hes signing and that, don't get me wrong. 

But recent years of managers and their usage of quick strikers has led me to think "oh poo we're going to stick him out wide aren't we?"

Surely not this time..?

40 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Happy hes signing and that, don't get me wrong. 

But recent years of managers and their usage of quick strikers has led me to think "oh poo we're going to stick him out wide aren't we?"

Surely not this time..?

Lampard won't at least! If that goes tits up and a new man came in....I dread to think.

2 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Do sense a sudden feeling of underwhelming negativity coming on ?

It's 2.25am in Mexico so we've probably got around 6 hours, plenty of time to get the signing done and have an hour or two of positive belief that this season it could be our year. 

Archived