Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44952971

"Derby County have completed the signing of Peterborough United striker Jack Marriott on a three-year deal.

Posh had previously rejected three bids from Frank Lampard's Derby for the 23-year-old, who scored 27 goals in League One last season."

There it is again - Frank Lampard's Derby. I'm interested to see what finally supersedes this -  'championship leaders Derby', 'championship favourites Derby', 'early season pacesetters Derby', 'freescoring Derby', 'unbeaten Derby', 'cup winners Derby'?

Just now, Rample said:

"Derby County have completed the signing of Peterborough United striker Jack Marriott on a three-year deal.

Posh had previously rejected three bids from Frank Lampard's Derby for the 23-year-old, who scored 27 goals in League One last season."

There it is again - Frank Lampard's Derby. I'm interested to see what finally supersedes this -  'championship leaders Derby', 'championship favourites Derby', 'early season pacesetters Derby', 'freescoring Derby', 'unbeaten Derby', 'cup winners Derby'?

Champions League winners Derby

3 minutes ago, Rample said:

Frank Lampard’s Derby is here to stay, no matter what happens. Frank Lampard’s top-of-the-table Derby. Frank Lampard’s play-off chasing Derby. Frank Lampard’s ex-team Derby.

I’m fine with it, rolls off the tongue.

I like the fact he’s been the breadth of country looking to find football and improve. Worked his socks off improving all the time and hopefully now he will carry on where he left off scoring goals and helping getting us to the promised land

Bit of a flavour of what he brings, first half of the season some scrappy goals and right place right time, as it went on he seemed to have more confidence and tried a few more things. Looks a decent finisher and not bad with his head, and I'm sure we can serve him a fair few chances up.

10 minutes ago, Rample said:

Bit of a flavour of what he brings, first half of the season some scrappy goals and right place right time, as it went on he seemed to have more confidence and tried a few more things. Looks a decent finisher and not bad with his head, and I'm sure we can serve him a fair few chances up.

I like how a fair few of them were instinctive, improvised finishes.  We wasted a lot of chances the last few seasons with players trying to get the ball down, to side foot it, when in a great position, allowing a defender or keeper to close them down.  I like the cut of this lad's jib...

5 hours ago, David said:

Can I just say how I love that the first picture posted in that topic was the donkey. 

Anytime it gets embedded now that face will get me.

I propose that similar threads in future should have the same image posted first up. 

This could be the start of something beautiful.

16 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Already there and involved in the open training session today (apologies for the dodgy picture ..... got it from DCFC's Twitter video)

9c8a2fd3319a8fa747b6fd4b35260a37.png

No GT, CD, or MV?  Mind you, no keepers there either!

Archived