Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

I think if we sign Marriott vyds will be off can't see them both in the first team... Neither of them are target man. 

Quite a crazy couple of months or so. Derby lose to Fulham and everything surrounding the club is up In the air potential signings are players from Scotland and no one standout. Rowettball looms over dcfc along with ffp and fans grow concerned and edgey. Amazingly Stoke pay us for Rowett and we get this wonder boss who has attracted some absolute quality. Looking forward for next season now a long with 99% of the DCFC family. UTR

Bit excited about this. I believe Marriott is another Ipswich ‘Jordan Rhodes’ giveaway where the player was on their books, thought they’d never make it then went on to score sh*tloads of goals for someone else. Lovely. 

Even Keogh used to be a ball boy for them. 

Clueless tractor boys 

3 minutes ago, admira said:

Bit excited about this. I believe Marriott is another Ipswich ‘Jordan Rhodes’ giveaway where the player was on their books, thought they’d never make it then went on to score sh*tloads of goals for someone else. Lovely. 

Clueless tractor boys 

It's happening, been told......

33 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I thought this may be quite a bit of fun, the top 10 Championship top goalscorers from last season & what they did the season before:

Matej Vydra - 21 goals in 40 games - previous season 5 goals in 33 Championship games
Lewis Grabban - 20 goals in 34 games - previous season 3 goals in 16 Championship games
Bobby Reid - 19 goals in 46 games - previous season 3 goals in 30 Championship games
Leon Clarke - 19 goals in 39 games - previous season 7 goals in 23 League One games
Diego Jota - 17 goals in 44 games - previous season 8 goals in 27 Liga NOS games
Martyn Waghorn - 16 goals in 44 games - previous season 7 in 32 SPL games
Ryan Sessegnon - 15 goals in 46 games - previous season 5 in 25 Championship games
Britt Assombalonga - 15 goals in 44 games - previous season 14 goals in 32 Championship games
James Maddison - 14 goals in 44 games - previous season 2 goals in 14 SPL games (1 goal in 3 Championship games)
Albert Adomah - 14 goals in 39 games - previous season 3 goals in 38 Championship games
Jarrod Bowen - 14 goals in 42 games - previous season 0 goals in 7 Premier League games

There's only one that got over double figures, Britt. The top 3 got a combined 11 goals in a combined 79 games. 

Imagine thinking there was ever a thing as an attacker that's not a gamble at this level! 

I thought I would also reverse it a little, I wanted to see what the attackers who scored 14 goals the season before were up to now..

Chris Wood - 27 goals in 44 games - 10 goals in 24 Premier League games
Glenn Murray - 23 goals in 45 games - 12 goals in 35 Premier League games
Tammy Abraham - 23 goals in 41 games - 5 goals in 31 Premier League games
Dwight Gayle - 23 goals in 32 games - 6 goals in 35 Premier League games
Jon Kodjia - 19 goals in 36 games - 1 goal in 15 Championship games
Yann Kermorgant - 18 goals in 42 games - 2 goals in 25 Championship games
Cameron Jerome - 16 goals in 40 games - 6 goals in 33 Championship games
Ant Knockaert - 15 goals in 45 games - 3 goals in 33 Premier League games
Lasse Vibe - 15 goals in 34 games - 7 goals in 19 Championship games (before being sold)
Scott Hogan - 15 goals in 38 games - 6 goals in 37 Championship games
Tom Ince - 14 goals in 45 games - 2 goals in 33 Premier League games
Britt Assombalonga - 14 goals in 32 games - 15 goals in 44 Championship games
Sam Winnall - 14 goals in 36 games - 7 goals in 19 Championship games

Britt was the only player to hit 14+ in both years, which we knew, but the players that remained at that level all struggled to get into double figures. I guess Vibe & Winnall have their reasons. Kodjia, Kermorgant, Jerome & Hogan all off it. 

It just highlights the point I was making earlier.

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I thought I would also reverse it a little, I wanted to see what the attackers who scored 14 goals the season before were up to now..

Lasse Vibe - 15 goals in 34 games - 7 goals in 19 Championship games (before being sold)

Britt was the only player to hit 14+ in both years, which we knew, but the players that remained at that level all struggled to get into double figures. I guess Vibe & Winnall have their reasons. Kodjia, Kermorgant, Jerome & Hogan all off it. 

The sun's out you know it's quite  a nice evening.?

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Quite a difficult group for us to judge it on to be fair. Kodjia missed most of the season through injury, the same for Kermorgant and Hogan only managed 19 starts 

48 minutes ago, admira said:

Clueless tractor boys 

The 'clueless' tractor boys are making a decent profit on Waghorn.

6 hours ago, David said:

I'm honestly getting one with Mount on the back, rude not to. Just waiting on the numbers to be announced, sure he will be given 10 but it's an expensive guess to make.

He's been given number 69  

PistoldPete2
13 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

He's been given number 69  

mrs PistoldPete has mount and Pearce printed on her back, that's instuctions for me. 

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

mrs PistoldPete has mount and Pearce printed on her back, that's instuctions for me. 

My Mrs has Martin and Johnson on her back.

Helps me pick her out in a scrum.

The way the McClaren system used to function was by having two pivots in Eustace/Thorne/Mascarell and Martin and then two number #8s pushed up into the channel. This is what made Martin absoloutely pivotal to everything by receiving the ball with his back to goal.

Lampards system seems to have the three midfielders rotating positions and all playing a bit deeper with the wingers drifting inside and it’s almost as if they hold the ball up. 

This may free Marriott up to just be a nuisance up there, pressing from the front, not having to worry about playing football.

Archived