Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See a few bits comparing him to other Peterborough strikers so thought I'd do a quick comparison. His figures are actually near identical to Britt Assombolonga. 

Craig M-Smith. 

Games 228 / Mins 18,820 / Goals 96 / Pens %age 27% / Mins per goal 196

Sold for £2.25m

Britt Assombolonga 

Games 58 / Mins 5,007 / Goals 33 / Pens %age 15% / Mins per goal 152

Sold for £6.9m

Dwight Gayle

Games 29 / Mins 2,557 / Goals 13 / Pens %age 46% / Mins per goal 197

Sold for £4.77m

Conor Washington 

Games 94 / Mins 6,666 / Goals 32 / Pens %age 34% / Mins per goal 208

Sold for £2.97m

Jack Marriott 

Games 56 / Mins 4,896 / Goals 33 / Pens %age 15% / Mins per goal 148

Sold for ??? 

As is I said figures are near identical to Assombolonga and, had it not been for the bad injuries he's had I would have though BA would have been established in the Prem. 

A goal every 1.6 games for JM makes him marginally the most prolific. 

32 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Do sense a sudden feeling of underwhelming negativity coming on ?

How can anyone be negative. Sun is shining, we're signing 2 strikers because we look poor up front in pre-season.

One very effective in this league, one is probably the striker with the best chance ever of someone making the step up.

Both should get better service than last season, and importantly Marriott is ours, not a player we see go back at the end of the season.

The only thing that could dampen my spirit would be Lawrence leaving and even then I reckon we could cope.

Oh, and props to Mel for backing his man yet again.

16 minutes ago, Rample said:

How can anyone be negative. Sun is shining, we're signing 2 strikers because we look poor up front in pre-season.

One very effective in this league, one is probably the striker with the best chance ever of someone making the step up.

Both should get better service than last season, and importantly Marriott is ours, not a player we see go back at the end of the season.

The only thing that could dampen my spirit would be Lawrence leaving and even then I reckon we could cope.

Has anyone made a bid for Lawrence?

Surely it would be Vydra or Lawrence going, not both?

My Luton supporting Nephew is delighted. LTFC get 25% of the fee which is a fair old wedge at that level and probably explains why there was so much hype around the price from Posh 

What their fans can’t figure out is will they get the same with the add ons 

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Has anyone made a bid for Lawrence?

Surely it would be Vydra or Lawrence going, not both?

Lawrence will not be going.vydra im told has been a done deal for some time but leeds told it wont happen unless replacements where made(hence the time being taken).also told that some players contracts maybe cancelled by mutual consent.how true any of it is im not sure guess we will find out in the coming days.

28 minutes ago, Rample said:

Mel has always backed his manager and that at  times has been the down fall iv been saying it for sometime now.yes mel has made mistakes but i can only keep saying we as fans only know half the story and as mel is a true professional owner there is alot that will never come to light.plus it sell papers when the storys that (are often made up) get put out

No chance of making the top 10 transfer topics now, should have saved it until tonight, with a push could have broken the 200 pages with a few false failed medical rumours and has he signed yet posts

Just now, David said:

No chance of making the top 10 transfer topics now, should have saved it until tonight, with a push could have broken the 200 pages with a few false failed medical rumours and has he signed yet posts

Only 143 pages and not a patio set in sight...poor show really ?  Welcome Jack though, good signing ?

2 minutes ago, David said:

Probably don't want it overshadowing the Waghorn transfer later today..............................

2 minutes ago, CumbriaRam said:

Only 143 pages and not a patio set in sight...poor show really ?  Welcome Jack though, good signing ?

I can only assume he pushed for a patio set in his contract, B&Q have a sale on now with summer coming to an end so shouldn't have cost us too much to get one for him

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

See a few bits comparing him to other Peterborough strikers so thought I'd do a quick comparison. His figures are actually near identical to Britt Assombolonga. 

Craig M-Smith. 

Games 228 / Mins 18,820 / Goals 96 / Pens %age 27% / Mins per goal 196

Sold for £2.25m

Britt Assombolonga 

Games 58 / Mins 5,007 / Goals 33 / Pens %age 15% / Mins per goal 152

Sold for £6.9m

Dwight Gayle

Games 29 / Mins 2,557 / Goals 13 / Pens %age 46% / Mins per goal 197

Sold for £4.77m

Conor Washington 

Games 94 / Mins 6,666 / Goals 32 / Pens %age 34% / Mins per goal 208

Sold for £2.97m

Jack Marriott 

Games 56 / Mins 4,896 / Goals 33 / Pens %age 15% / Mins per goal 148

Sold for ??? 

As is I said figures are near identical to Assombolonga and, had it not been for the bad injuries he's had I would have though BA would have been established in the Prem. 

A goal every 1.6 games for JM makes him marginally the most prolific. 

Can we offer a job to whoever goes out and scouts strikers for them???

Archived