Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

What a great interview and what a nice guy 

Definitely echoes that which has been said about him by Posh fans. His attitude alone should take him far.

I just hope Derby fans don't start getting on his back if he hasn't scored in a couple of games. Suspect he'll need a little time for players to get what he wants and vice versa. Can but hope...

10 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

What a great interview and what a nice guy 

exactly  - and got on the road to play football up and down the country in some crappy towns ......commitment

won't leave defenders alone......like that

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Definitely echoes that which has been said about him by Posh fans. His attitude alone should take him far.

I just hope Derby fans don't start getting on his back if he hasn't scored in a couple of games. Suspect he'll need a little time for players to get what he wants and vice versa. Can but hope...

Just watched the one with Lampard, made it clear the fees in the media weren't quite right. 

I would hazard a guess that we are paying around 4 guaranteed 

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Derby fans don’t do that,do they?!??

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Just watched the one with Lampard, made it clear the fees in the media weren't quite right. 

I would hazard a guess that we are paying around 4 guaranteed 

Yeah, I noticed that too. Both sides seem keen to dispel the rumours, which seems rare, don't usually comment on fees in interviews...

Well that’s it then he has signed - I have no idea how he will do but I hope he does well - we will need the others to produce the football because there is no indication he will hold the ball up or win headers very much - so it’s tap ins and penalty box stuff and harrying of defenders ( which is fine) basically a different version of Winnall 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well that’s it then he has signed - I have no idea how he will do but I hope he does well - we will need the others to produce the football because there is no indication he will hold the ball up or win headers very much - so it’s tap ins and penalty box stuff and harrying of defenders ( which is fine) basically a different version of Winnall 

Isn't that what a striker is? Tap ins and penalty box stuff

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

See a few bits comparing him to other Peterborough strikers so thought I'd do a quick comparison. His figures are actually near identical to Britt Assombolonga. 

Craig M-Smith. 

Games 228 / Mins 18,820 / Goals 96 / Pens %age 27% / Mins per goal 196

Sold for £2.25m

Britt Assombolonga 

Games 58 / Mins 5,007 / Goals 33 / Pens %age 15% / Mins per goal 152

Sold for £6.9m

Dwight Gayle

Games 29 / Mins 2,557 / Goals 13 / Pens %age 46% / Mins per goal 197

Sold for £4.77m

Conor Washington 

Games 94 / Mins 6,666 / Goals 32 / Pens %age 34% / Mins per goal 208

Sold for £2.97m

Jack Marriott 

Games 56 / Mins 4,896 / Goals 33 / Pens %age 15% / Mins per goal 148

Sold for ??? 

As is I said figures are near identical to Assombolonga and, had it not been for the bad injuries he's had I would have though BA would have been established in the Prem. 

A goal every 1.6 games for JM makes him marginally the most prolific. 

Don't let @David see this - he'll only say its 80% made up which must mean that the numbers for 4 out of those 5 are downright lies, falsehoods and fabrication.

(watch him deny it......?)

Just now, HantsRam said:

Don't let @David see this - he'll only say its 80% made up which must mean that the numbers for 4 out of those 5 are downright lies, falsehoods and fabrication.

(watch him deny it......?)

Looks to be 100% spot on to me, but don't take my word for it, this is the internet!

Archived