Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be a tough first day on the training ground for Frank in a months time. He has to make the right first impressions with all of the squad.

Therefore, my first bit of advice is to keep a straight face when watching Bradley Johnson trying to do the passing drills.

Just come out of s business meeting and real excited about this.

What it brings for me, my phone had been going nuts with text messages from people all round the country and abroad that follow different teams. He’s going to raise our profile, be a magnet for young players and create a huge feel good. 

So long as he and “we” remain calm when things go bumpy, as clearly he’ll be under the microscope, this could be a perfect match.

Good luck Frank, right behind you and can’t wait for the new season

Just now, Norman said:

It will be a tough first day on the training ground for Frank in a months time. He has to make the right first impressions with all of the squad.

Therefore, my first bit of advice is to keep a straight face when watching Bradley Johnson trying to do the passing drills.

There really is nothing wrong with his passing. The problem was he always looks to pass it forward and low and behold there’s nobody their as they were always on our 18 yard box defending. 

9 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The one thing that I am excited is to see is what Frank does in the transfer market.

Does he take the short term, boom and bust approach of Rowett or Bruce?

Or does he bring in and nurture young, emerging talent like Lee Johnson has been doing at Bristol City, for example?

I hope it’s the latter.

We have been weighed down in recent years by expectation and desperation to succeed.

It would be nice to recover some sense of forward planning and growth with a long term vision to buy into.

Already achieved!

i don't think there's been as much growth in middle aged derby men this morning, for a good few years!

Time for me to come off the fence.

I'm happy with this appointment but not sure it's for the right reasons.

Will definitely be good from a commercial point of view and judging by the reactions so far I think the majority of fans seem to be on board, hopefully bringing a bit of feel good factor back to the club.

The major downside for me is that I think Saturday 3pm home games will be at a premium this season as Sky will be all over us like a rash.

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

There really is nothing wrong with his passing. The problem was he always looks to pass it forward and low and behold there’s nobody their as they were always on our 18 yard box defending. 

Nah his passing is generally poor (more specifically his ball retention) and always has been. Even a side like Clement's where ball retention was the number 1 goal his pass completion was only 74% (compared to the other midfielders who were all in the mid to high 80s) and in most other seasons he's hovered around the 70 mark.

22 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Just come out of s business meeting and real excited about this.

What it brings for me, my phone had been going nuts with text messages from people all round the country and abroad that follow different teams. He’s going to raise our profile, be a magnet for young players and create a huge feel good. 

So long as he and “we” remain calm when things go bumpy, as clearly he’ll be under the microscope, this could be a perfect match.

Good luck Frank, right behind you and can’t wait for the new season

You are spot on!!

ive never seen so much coverage of us on sky!!! This would not have happened if my choice ( Warburton ) had been announced so might be a shrewd move by Mel...

Raising our profile will also mean that players that didn’t want to come here like Lookman would probably come here for sure ...what young player wouldn’t want to be influenced by a great player like our Frank??

also when we play a certain mr Rowetts team  there will only be one football legend shaking hands ....Swap Rowett for Lampard and get 2m!!!!! Get in!!!! 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Time for me to come off the fence.

I'm happy with this appointment but not sure it's for the right reasons.

Will definitely be good from a commercial point of view and judging by the reactions so far I think the majority of fans seem to be on board, hopefully bringing a bit of feel good factor back to the club.

The major downside for me is that I think Saturday 3pm home games will be at a premium this season as Sky will be all over us like a rash.

I just bought my Lamps Pass on Nowtv for next season. Guaranteed 20 live matches, not including cups.

Welcome Frank, and the best of luck.

talk about a baptism of fire. Where do you start in a new career ? 

Pick a club with desire, history and considerable support that is a league lower than it could be. Add in tight budget, aging squad, huge expectation from knowledgable fans and owner with a bit of a hire em fire em reputation. 

Sounds like a plan ! 

I’ll tell you what though ....Get it right and the world is yours (Well the bit of it round Derbyshire anyway)

Cant wait for the opening game ... hope Jody can point out the youngsters that need to be given a proper chance., after that well lets just press start and see where the music takes us. 

COYR

3 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

It's going to be an interesting summer now.

The fact that nobody knows how we are going to set up as a team makes that first game of the season even more exciting.

It will be interesting to see how fans react if he goes for Mourinho tactics. I guess he'd get less criticism than Rowett, due to not coming in with the 'long ball/defensive' reputation.

I heard someone on the radio this morning saying that Jody Morris sets up Chelsea youth in a 433 formation, so could we be going back to that?

Good luck Frank and I hope in 3 years you get that Chelsea job, because that will mean you've done a good job at Derby!

If he has done that well then I hope he stays

I am disappointed I didn't get it. My record in Fifa on PS4 should speak for itself..

Hopefully FL will remember that it's a simple game and you have to simply win every game 3-0 playing sublime football. 

Only one concern... Will he stick with us if he is successful and the Premiership come calling at xmas?

Archived