Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I think if we're being brutally honest he'd have a decent chance of getting into our first team. 

I was trying to skate around that one - And mostly agree

Just had a lovely thought though - Strong, powerful midfielder with an eye for goal, a powerful shot and a solid work ethic - That's Lampard right? Think he might be able to get the very best out of Bradley Johnson?

16 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Breaking news, Collymore is still a banker.

I bet there must be loads of people out there with UEFA Pro Licences that can't get a job in the same way people leave University with a degree and can't get a job in their field. He obviously didn't do well in his interview wit Grimsby or wanted too much money, regardless of his qualifications.

Just now, cheron85 said:

Just had a lovely thought though - Strong, powerful midfielder with an eye for goal, a powerful shot and a solid work ethic - That's Lampard right? Think he might be able to get the very best out of Bradley Johnson?

I think there's a decent chance he could get the best out of a lot of our midfielders, but I don't think he and BJ are similar personally.

Elsnik's similar to young Lampard, but you'd have to combine traits of Bryson, Johnson and Butterfield to find Lampard in our seniors I think.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

My final point on this idiot, he's asking why Darren Moore wasn't in contention for us, when we still had a manager when he got a job? Nutter.

Pretty sure Darren Moore joined WBA when pardew did so hardly been there fore ages either. Why would he ditch them for us, is he insane?

clarkeram7

Will never forgive the guy for high fiving Dwight Yorke for purposely injuring Dean Yates.. 

The guy is an absolute scumbag. He doesn't seriously believe Sol Campbell is a better candidate, he just wants the attention. He's boring, don't entertain him! He's spent all morning replying to people on there Zzzzzzzzz

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No idea, but whenever I've heard Sol Campbell I've not liked what he has said. People generally speaking think he is a bit of a banker, and might not interview well. Not sure why Collymore is bringing the race card into this.

I agree with you and mr collymore believes he can do just that whilst nearly everyone else cannot even voice a normal rational opinion 

I think part of the appeal with Lampard and Gerrard is that they only recently finished playing so will still, to some extent be seen as a draw and their stock quite high. Campbell retired 7 years ago which is a long time in football.

Besides who would you rather play for Frank or Sol?

When I’ve interviewed qualified, arrogant people, I tend not to bother. There’s a difference between confidence and coming across as an arrogant git.

Maybe Campbell will realise that one day. Or reflect why he doesn’t land any manager positions and change his approach.

14 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I tend to think that ship has past, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Rampards face when someone tells him Butterfield and Johnson are our most expensive central midfielders and asks him what he can do with them!

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think there's a decent chance he could get the best out of a lot of our midfielders, but I don't think he and BJ are similar personally.

Elsnik's similar to young Lampard, but you'd have to combine traits of Bryson, Johnson and Butterfield to find Lampard in our seniors I think.

Not seen enough of Elsnik to know - But think Johnson has some Lampard-esque qualities - His passing is woeful which obviously Lampard's wasn't but when Johnson has one of his games he's threat - Strong presence, goal threat etc just like Lampard - If he can get that out of Johnson every single game we'll have a hell of a player on our hands

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Pretty sure Darren Moore joined WBA when pardew did so hardly been there fore ages either. Why would he ditch them for us, is he insane?

Pretty sure he took the WBA job 4 days before Rowett left for Stoke - So it would have been a little premature to approach him when we still had a manager...

Rob Dorsett: Any chance you'll name yourself as a player?

Lampard: (laughs) No, no.

Morris: Can you reconsider? 

?

Archived