Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exciting appointment and good luck too him and us, hopefully he adds a a bit of experience to his team as well.

It will be very interesting to see what he makes of our squad and the style of football he goes for!

Fascinating summer ahead, lets give him time!

2 minutes ago, Saity said:

Welcome Frank....not my choice but when I read post by archied in the early days after GR had gone it definitely makes sense ....good luck Frankie you will have my support from day one ...may be a rollercoaster but this is still going to more exciting than Rowett hooooof ball ...welcome to DCFC

COYR #excited ??

Cheers saity ,, I’m so excited by this appointment,, I love to be excited by derby and it’s not been that way for a while 

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I know this is very pessimistic of me and I'm sorry but all I keep thinking is 

Paul merson, Stuart Pearce, john barns, tony Adams, Paul ince, sir David platt, Alan shearer, Chris Sutton........ frank lampard? 

Holy duck !!!!!! What have we done

i hope with every bone in my body I'm wrong I just have a bad feeling about it.... probably cos being a derby fan so long u come to expect the worse lol 

duck it ,, dare to dream Notts ram ,, we’ve spent too long expecting and waiting for things to go wrong or collapse , just enjoy the now mate

Yes!! I am so excited and optimistic about this appointment. Great move by Mel. Thankyou. Welcome Frank. This is a real boost not only for our club but the city of Derby. I'm old enough to remember the days under Brian and there was a real buzz in what was then the town of Derby. Yes it's a gamble but a few weeks ago I was not looking forward to the start of the season very much at all. Now I can't wait. It's going to be so exciting to be a small part of something hopefully great. Let's all get behind our club and get our stadium rocking. No doom n gloom merchants please.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

After the novelty wears off, we're still going to have restrictions on budget, high expectations, likely to lose Vydra and others. It's going to be a tough season, one most decent managers would be considered to be ok with upper mid table.

So let's just give Lampard some time and trust. With little real difference between 7th and 21st let's just enjoy the season and hope the team is a bit entertaining.

Exactly. As long as the football is entertaining and utterly the opposite of what the last manager made us endure I'll be very happy.

2 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Tin hats at the ready...

Does anyone think that Lampard could spark a revival in Jacob Butterfield?

He has been dreadful since Clement left, but before that he was a strong performer. 

He clearly has technical ability - maybe Lamps could help him put that to good use.

You are right, there is a player in there somewhere.

Sometimes a change of personality can help. Who knows

2 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Tin hats at the ready...

He has been dreadful since Clement left, but before that he was a strong performer. 

He clearly has technical ability - maybe Lamps could help him put that to good use.

I’m not sure on butterfield.. think he will do in Lawrence tho

PistoldPete2
3 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Tin hats at the ready...

Maybe 

The one thing that I am excited is to see is what Frank does in the transfer market.

Does he take the short term, boom and bust approach of Rowett or Bruce?

Or does he bring in and nurture young, emerging talent like Lee Johnson has been doing at Bristol City, for example?

I hope it’s the latter.

We have been weighed down in recent years by expectation and desperation to succeed.

It would be nice to recover some sense of forward planning and growth with a long term vision to buy into.

Archived