Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Just logged in for the first time today and read this. Feel like going back to bed.  

giphy.gif

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious ‘tingle down the spine’ job..... Fascinating, exciting, optimistic for our future. If you can’t get on board with this appointment then I despair for you. Of course it might not work out but we’ve just begun a whole new ball game in more ways than one....... THIS IS BLOOMING WONDERFUL!!! Get in you Mighty Rams! 

Press conference 1400 hrs!!!!

I’m gonna wash the motor to celebrate

You Are My Derby! Ohhhhhhh Frankie Frankie

2 hours ago, mike93rh said:

Over the bloody moon.

He's a very intelligent bloke. Not just academically, but you can tell he has a wise head on his shoulders from his interviews/comments. He'll know the Chelsea job is at least 5 years away, realistically, and he has a lot to do to prove he's worthy of that post before then. Which is why it benefits us.

Sure, he'll make mistakes, and will be doing his learning with us. But I just can't see him being a terrible manager, and who in their right mind wouldn't be inspired by him in the dressing room? 

Anybody can get Chelsea playing well with all their billions! ? Now the real sign of a great manager is to get Derby County playing well and established in the Prem and then he can pop over to Chelsea when he's earned it.

I think he will bring the same determination to be the best to his management as to his playing career and I am looking forward immensely to seeing him do it.

5 years sounds just about right. ?

3 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Not on Twitter but saw one from Jenas that is even better, a red dog wishing him well ?

I think it's nice we have a manager who could still get into the first team at the City Ground...

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

I think it's nice we have a manager who could still get into the first team at the City Ground...

I think if we're being brutally honest he'd have a decent chance of getting into our first team. 

Welcome to Derby Frank.

My reservations are expressed elsewhere and not getting repeated today - it's great seeing so much excitement on here & so much positive media attention nationally. There will be tough times ahead but initial goodwill really helps.

Credit also to DCFC marketing for that video of him walking into PP - stirring stuff.

Archived