Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

We've never had this much coverage on Sky ?. I think this is a master stroke by Mel.

Got 2m for that snake whilst getting rid of boring football.

Not looked forward to a new season this much since Jim smith joined.

I think this is why Mel went for Frank instead of Smith etc, he must’ve known that Rowetts style of play wasn’t popular and the lack of atmosphere was mentioned at the fans forum I went to.

Full house for our first game of the season, Mel’s not daft!

4 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

We've never had this much coverage on Sky ?. I think this is a master stroke by Mel.

Got 2m for that snake whilst getting rid of boring football.

Not looked forward to a new season this much since Jim smith joined.

I'm impressed if you looked forward to the season where Jim Smith came in. I remember being a little underwhelmed when he was appointed. The following few years highlight how little I knew.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

And that's the impact  isn't it? When was the last time Derby County were the lead story on the BBC Sport site?

Probably when we lost the £100,000,000 play-off final to 10 man QPR in the dying embers of the match.

This is the first time in I don't remember how long I've been reading DCFC articles with a beam on my face. Even with various wins  last season and the last good results to get us over the line into the play-offs, it all felt... a bit grim.

Of course this is all fluff and excitement and the reality will be on the pitch etc etc, but I'm enjoying the now.

Also, I don't mid admitting I got goosebumps with the walk on to the pitch video. I think I'm 11 again...

4 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I'm impressed if you looked forward to the season where Jim Smith came in. I remember being a little underwhelmed when he was appointed. The following few years highlight how little I knew.

tbh, when I heard it on the radio that he'd joined i was too, but i went to all the pre season games and loved what I saw, that's why I was excited for the new season that year.

3 minutes ago, drgoodspeak said:

This is the first time in I don't remember how long I've been reading DCFC articles with a beam on my face. Even with various wins  last season and the last good results to get us over the line into the play-offs, it all felt... a bit grim.

Of course this is all fluff and excitement and the reality will be on the pitch etc etc, but I'm enjoying the now.

Also, I don't mid admitting I got goosebumps with the walk on to the pitch video. I think I'm 11 again...

Me too. Funny how we never had all this with rowett.

31 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

We all said that we'd finish 1st or 24th after appointing a random German in the summer. 

Ended up in mid-table ?

Derby have got a decent squad so I reckon you'll be in contention for the play-offs again. Can probably afford to lose a couple of players to balance the books whilst remaining competitive. 

You might lose Vydra but perhaps Lampard can get enough out of Chris Martin for him to be useful again, and Jerome can do 15+ goals in this league after a full pre-season. 

You'll do alright next season, I'll predict 5th to 9th..... strong start (honeymoon period) following by difficult period where Lampard has to shake off a bit of nativity and learn from some mistakes, then strong finish where you try and make a late surge into the play-offs ? 

It’s a rare time if we start well !

43 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

After the novelty wears off, we're still going to have restrictions on budget, high expectations, likely to lose Vydra and others. It's going to be a tough season, one most decent managers would be considered to be ok with upper mid table.

So let's just give Lampard some time and trust. With little real difference between 7th and 21st let's just enjoy the season and hope the team is a bit entertaining.

What the duck you are blathering about? ?

Archived