Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here’s my two cents,

I'm currently on hols with a bunch of West Ham fans. They all wanted to see the video of Frank walking into the stadium. As one of them said, football is show business nowadays and they all seem genuinely interested to talk about Derby.

Therefore, this seems an exciting appointment that makes us ‘relevant’ again in neutrals eyes.

However, a word of caution. A few people on here seem to be getting carried away with the beautiful football we’re going to play under Frank.

As one of the lads here has said, free-flowing footballers don’t always apply this to their management style.

Example, Glen Hoddle, great footballer, mind numbing manager. Regularly picked two holding midfielders in Batty and Ince for England. The tactic seemed to be to quickly get the ball up to Shearer to feed off the scraps.

So, I’m happy and excited with Frank, but let’s sample the football first before we get too carried away

Oh yeah, and another one out here just said “I bet they don’t make the film of him when he walks out the stadium when he gets the boot!”

Welcome to Derby county Frank and I hope everything goes fantastic for you and us and remember to play football and entertain us!

we will now be known as as frank lampards Derby county 

our manager will now be known by us as RAMPARD

1 hour ago, RodleyRam said:

Unless there are any disasters let's give him all of his 3 years. We should always be challenging but there's a lot of work to get the balance of the squad right. That's going to take time as we create the kind of squad that can get promoted and play exciting football. We have to think 3 years ahead. Where do we want to be? What kind of club to we want? We have to rally even if the first year feels a bit wobbly. Next summer is huge, so I really think we'll see more about what were going to look like then.

Good luck Frank. Another fascinating turn of events.

Sod that he's got until October then it we're not top and playing like Barcelona get rid.

1 hour ago, LE_Ram said:

You mean we managed to ship Rowett off and get paid for the pleasure, and then sign Frank Lampard?

tradedeal.jpg

opinions.

the only way Lamps is better at this stage is he will probably have better networking for youth loan talents.

in every other department id rather have GR.

I hope the fans can lay off lampard and he gets a good 3 year plan, without the need to all claim he needs firing after 6 months.

Rowetts team more than exceeded my expectations yet still 50% of fans if not more all wanted him out. 

Over the bloody moon.

He's a very intelligent bloke. Not just academically, but you can tell he has a wise head on his shoulders from his interviews/comments. He'll know the Chelsea job is at least 5 years away, realistically, and he has a lot to do to prove he's worthy of that post before then. Which is why it benefits us.

Sure, he'll make mistakes, and will be doing his learning with us. But I just can't see him being a terrible manager, and who in their right mind wouldn't be inspired by him in the dressing room? 

We are going to have to be patient with Frank, because I don’t think we’ll have the fairytale start everyone is expecting.

The rest of the Championship will be very motivated to bring us and Frank down a peg or two.

In the same way everyone wanted to beat John Terry’s Villa last year.

All I want to see is us bringing through some young players and trying to play in the right way.

Everything else is a complete swan dive into the unknown, which beats the predictability of Rowett ad tedium.

Like any new Derby manager, I wish him the best and hope that this one where it all clicks into place, but I can't understand the near hysteria over his appointment. He's had a great career in a different job, playing and not managing. I fear people will be expecting to much. 

Yessssss ,, been positive and wanted him from first mention ,, if it’s a disaster then I will put my hands up but there are no guarantees with any manager and it could just be massive ,,,modern football is very much about the now and today we are massive news for all the right reasons ,, welcome frank and let’s show him the real derby and he will grow to love this club 

I'm beyond delighted.

Just a snippet though from the official dcfc article:

“I have spent considerable time discussing the role and the club’s objectives with the Chairman Mel Morris CBE and the board.

Do we really think he said 'CBE' out loud?

?

Just now, Mckram said:

Worth a tenner on the FA Cup? ?

CED3FFB8-6F91-4706-818B-F2030645F67A.png

Equally likely to be sacked by Christmas as to get us promoted? Yeah, that seems about right.

Welcome Frank....not my choice but when I read post by archied in the early days after GR had gone it definitely makes sense ....good luck Frankie you will have my support from day one ...may be a rollercoaster but this is still going to more exciting than Rowett hooooof ball ...welcome to DCFC

COYR #excited ??

10 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Like any new Derby manager, I wish him the best and hope that this one where it all clicks into place, but I can't understand the near hysteria over his appointment. He's had a great career in a different job, playing and not managing. I fear people will be expecting to much. 

I know this is very pessimistic of me and I'm sorry but all I keep thinking is 

Paul merson, Stuart Pearce, john barns, tony Adams, Paul ince, sir David platt, Alan shearer, Chris Sutton........ frank lampard? 

Holy duck !!!!!! What have we done

i hope with every bone in my body I'm wrong I just have a bad feeling about it.... probably cos being a derby fan so long u come to expect the worse lol 

Archived