Official: It’s Frank, 3 year deal

cosmic

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

it's breaking news on Sky News, let alone sky sports news ha

That's pretty impressive but when you risk high profile you also risk high scrutiny and increased pressure.

My main though now is just "finally" - the nearest thing i can compare it to is a team bottom of the league all season who are at last mathematically relegated. Not that it's that negative of course.

It seems like the time taken has been used diligently - it might well be that this time, finally, Mel and his choice of manager have outlined everything so there is no pulling in different directions or confusion.

It's a shame ffp is going to cool what could have been an exciting summer. Whilst we probably won't be signing a shiny new £10m striker I'm hoping with Frank's contacts he manages to pull in a couple of real quality additions from United or Chelsea on loan that we in no way could afford. 4 loan players could probably get us up.

Whilst I'd love him to get the likes of McTominay, Abraham and Solanke, I think it's more likely to be Chong and Gomes, United's next tier down.

Going to be an interesting few months for sure.

4 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Why would he intentionally pick a photo where he looks like he's out on his own? Sure to be re used if things aren't going well

I thought that was a pretty good photo. He's thinking to himself 'so this is what a proper ground is like'.

Not sure where his selfie stick is though.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

This will either be an absolute car crash or a stroke of genius.

We all said that we'd finish 1st or 24th after appointing a random German in the summer. 

Ended up in mid-table ?

Derby have got a decent squad so I reckon you'll be in contention for the play-offs again. Can probably afford to lose a couple of players to balance the books whilst remaining competitive. 

You might lose Vydra but perhaps Lampard can get enough out of Chris Martin for him to be useful again, and Jerome can do 15+ goals in this league after a full pre-season. 

You'll do alright next season, I'll predict 5th to 9th..... strong start (honeymoon period) following by difficult period where Lampard has to shake off a bit of nativity and learn from some mistakes, then strong finish where you try and make a late surge into the play-offs ? 

Best of Luck Franky. Really hope it works out for him and more importantly Derby. Really glad we have taken the gamble and thinking outside the box with this appointment. Need to be given a chance and lets enjoy the ride! 

Has there been any news on the backroom staff? Jody Morris? John Terry? 

22 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Congrats, brave move from Derby. 

Who knows whether it will work out or not. Will be interesting to see which one of Lampard and Gerrard goes on to have a decent career, both worked with various top managers. 

Will be interesting to see if he gives Chris Martin another go.

He'll give all of them a fresh start I think.

11 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

We all said that we'd finish 1st or 24th after appointing a random German in the summer. 

Ended up in mid-table ?

Derby have got a decent squad so I reckon you'll be in contention for the play-offs again. Can probably afford to lose a couple of players to balance the books whilst remaining competitive. 

You might lose Vydra but perhaps Lampard can get enough out of Chris Martin for him to be useful again, and Jerome can do 15+ goals in this league after a full pre-season. 

You'll do alright next season, I'll predict 5th to 9th..... strong start (honeymoon period) following by difficult period where Lampard has to shake off a bit of nativity and learn from some mistakes, then strong finish where you try and make a late surge into the play-offs ? 

Bloody Nora - not another post-Christmas slump?

2 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Big risk but, sod it, I'm all aboard the Lampard Express. 

On the prospective appointment of Jody Morris as assistant manager, surely that's a huge upgrade on Kevin 'Haunted Redwood' Summerfield. 

I didn’t even know who our back room staff were under Rowett which goes to show how uninspiring they were! 

Jody Morris could be an inspired choice. Clearly knows coaching well and has a bright future. 

Archived